Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 25 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the plan ... fell asleep watching The Two Popes and woke up in the dark 😆

Now I'm gonna have to rewind it on Netflix.

Thinking about going back to "Don't fuck with cats" (series) but got bored with the whole moral outrage dot com thing.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:01 - 26 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched The two popes the other day. It wasn't my usual cup of tea but it was quite interesting

Just chomping my way through designated survivor, which is so far très bon

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 27 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

Just chomping my way through designated survivor, which is so far très bon

First 2 series are very good, third series was done by Netflix and shit.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 29 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.M.I - Netflix 9.5/10

Superb thriller, seriously good film, has replay value. Women gets addicted to a psycho version of Cortana/Siri. Low budget gem. Short film as well 1 hour 15.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Netflix watch.

Breakdown. 8.5/10

Kurt Russell mid 90's action film with J T Walsh. Enjoyable 90 minute flick, red neck H hillbilly escapade, plenty of action.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im watching the 1939 Jamaica Inn with Charles Laughton and Maureen O'hara. Its great and had me wondering, whats your favorite old movie? By old lets say anything made from before you were born. My favorite is The Big Sleep with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. I even think thats my favorite movie of all time, it's just perfect.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Im watching the 1939 Jamaica Inn with Charles Laughton and Maureen O'hara. Its great and had me wondering, whats your favorite old movie? By old lets say anything made from before you were born. My favorite is The Big Sleep with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. I even think thats my favorite movie of all time, it's just perfect.

A Matter of Life and Death.

Groundbreaking use of full colour and monochrome (especially impressive for 1946) good story, well acted and David Niven at his stiff upper lip best.

My dad introduced me to it in the early 70s and I can still watch it any time it comes on TV, British film making at it's absolute peak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

The Adventures of Robin Hood. 1938.

Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland.

I'm a sucker for traditional adventure movies and love the old ones.

The original Ben Hur with Charlton Heston was another old time cracker.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 11 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Mans '66(Ford v Ferrari) 8/10
It's weird that Film titles are "Le Mans '66" in europe, "Ford v Ferrari" in US, and "Ford vs Ferrari" in here. Film title here is the most misleading imo. Cause v means victory not vs.
This film was released yesterday here(how late). In the film I learnt initial GT40 model was delivered from UK which I didn't know. I like car films and really enjoyed this one. A lot of old cars driven aggressively, with nice exhaust notes. Ferrari 275 GTB had more exciting V12 engine note compared to Ford GT40 V8 one.
Christian Bale driving in races were really cool. Ken Miles and Christian Bale looks similar, but not so much with Carroll Shelby and Matt Damon.
And Ken's wife Mollie was acted by Caitriona Balfe. She is the Irish top fashion model and acctress.(Maybe she is too famous in UK though)
https://celebmafia.com/caitriona-balfe-bafta-tea-party-los-angeles-17-2017-663056/
Regarding Ford corporation, it describes how sh*t Typical huge company is(esp. US one). This is not a Ford praising film.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 11 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

That's easy,

12 Angry Men

Oh, and, for light entertainmanet ..

The Plank

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

That's easy,

12 Angry Men

Oh, and, for light entertainmanet ..

The Plank

Watched that the other night - great film.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1917, Sam Mendes directs the epic WWI film 9/10. A lot of famous actors play small bit parts in the film, this is one you need to see on the big screen, downloading a version on the PC and watching it is pointless.

It really shows the horror of the first world war in graphic detail. Epic story, great acting, go see it.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
1917, Sam Mendes directs the epic WWI film 9/10. A lot of famous actors play small bit parts in the film, this is one you need to see on the big screen, downloading a version on the PC and watching it is pointless.

It really shows the horror of the first world war in graphic detail. Epic story, great acting, go see it.

Do we need another war movie?

The war movie i want to see is the Vietnam war but from the North Vietnamese side.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
The war movie i want to see is the Vietnam war but from the North Vietnamese side.

Meh, I'd say the Battle of Khe Sanh. Directed by Michael Bay, big explosions, lots of slow motion and dramatic helo shots. Yeah, it'd kick ass.

Ryan Reynolds
Matt Damon
Bruce Willis playing a grumpy General
And add Owen Wilson to the mix, what a film, what a film!

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

Totally agree it was awesome, amazing even. The filming was so fluid and non stop. A must for cinema.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1917 was great. Saw in an ODEON Luxe with Dolby and it was brilliant.

Must have been a nightmare logistically to film but the end result is fantastic.

So much better than that Dunkirk shite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
1917 was great. Saw in an ODEON Luxe with Dolby and it was brilliant.

Must have been a nightmare logistically to film but the end result is fantastic.

So much better than that Dunkirk shite.

+1

SPOILER ALERT

The moment the music kicked in and the German shouts out into the night after spotting our hero "ENGLANDER!"; what follows is better than any Bond chase I've ever seen, gripping edge of seat stuff and the jump into the river at the end and the river ride; awesome, simply Oscar worthy material.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaks 7/10
Pretty good, girl is not allowed out of house because of some global meltdown. Surprisingly she goes out of the house.

Happy death day 2U 5/10
Pretty mediocre slasher movie. I only watched it because of the quantum physics/dimensions idea.

3022 (2/10)
Cr@p.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
King29 wrote:

Totally agree it was awesome, amazing even. The filming was so fluid and non stop. A must for cinema.

Been to see that at the big screen at Bluewater (near Dartford) earlier.Totally agree about the 9/10,especially when compared to that 'Dunkirk' film which I couldn't keep up with,even now having watched it again but this time on DVD on a large screen.

My Grandad on my Dad's side fought in the First War alongside his brother,my Uncle Fred.Neither ever spoke about either of the two World Wars.Probably too harrowing.My Grandad became a despatch rider in the African campaign after being shot in one lung as well as being gassed.In my eyes he was a hero as in 1916 he was found to be too young and had signed up when underaged.So once back in the UK from the Western front where he had been serving in the trenches,he resigned into another regiment and was soon back in the war.He passed away in the early 1960s when I was quite young

Always have a 'Plan B'

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Corrupted 8/10

UK film from the latter part of last year. Based on a true story about property shenanigans in London circa 2012 Olympics. Police corruption and murder. I enjoyed it. Timothy Spall (now as slim as fvck), Noel Clarke and a few other recognisable faces. Good gangster flick, shows corruption in the MET to be rife.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG there are sooo many contenders for favourite film before you were born. Wub
I'm settling on Some Like it Hot
The only reason its a whisker ahead of Rear Window is that although I love them both, I am probably more Marilyn than Grace Laughing

But there is also
* A Streetcar named Desire (sexy)
* Metropolis (thought provoking)
* The Wizard of Oz (just so darn happy) Laughing
* Any Marx Brothers film (laconic with silly noises)
* Any Three Stooges, Keystone Cops, Charlie Chaplin or Harold Lloyd film (girl loves a bit of slapstick) Laughing

I'm sorry, I keep thinking of more (Sophia Loren, Lucille Ball, Cary Grant, Dean Martin, James Stewart, and Audrey Hepburn) ... it really is too hard to choose.

CGI is for shit, there is nothing like the crackle of cellulose. Wub

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Read somewhere that it's syncs perfectly to a Pink Floyd album, Google it, it's strange but true.

https://youtu.be/LIvjwurZNhs?t=2

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

CGI is for shit, there is nothing like the crackle of cellulose. Wub

I agree, action movies have just become computer generated crap.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
hellkat wrote:

Read somewhere that it's syncs perfectly to a Pink Floyd album, Google it, it's strange but true.

https://youtu.be/LIvjwurZNhs?t=2

Although the film is much longer than the album and the bit at the end of the film, where she wakes up back home, has "Time" as its sync'd music - which is only the 4th track on the album.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dial M for Middlesborough 6/10

Johnny Vegas and co on another feature length adventure, from the guys that gave you 'Death on the Tyne' and 'Death in Paradise'. It's a spoof (obvs), Vegas is a hapless coach driver that gets embroiled in the most outlandish eye rolling WHATEVER! situations. His cohort and fiancée is Sian Gibson, the ginger from car share.

Vegas can't act, Gibson can't act, no one can act, it's even got Jason Donovan in it. Also has Sally Lindsay and Anette Crosbie and Phil Davis (OK so those 2 can act).

It's really really eye rollingly cheesy and has plenty of OH FUCK OFF moments. Worth a watch. Vegas is as bad as he always is which makes it entertaining to an extent. Worth 90 minutes of your time on a cold rainy day.

Terry (Vegas) and Gemma (Gibson) are forced to take refuge in a sinister and dilapidated caravan park after their coach breaks down. During the unplanned stay, visitors and residents begin to be bumped off one by one under grizzly circumstances. The all-star cast includes Sally Lindsay, Phil Davis, Mike Wozniak, Joanna Page, Jason Donovan and Annette Crosbie.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 175 of 194