Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

JCPOA (Iran nuclear agreement)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:13 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: JCPOA (Iran nuclear agreement) Reply with quote

So is BoJo already in Trumps pocket?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/trump-deal-could-replace-2015-iran-nuclear-accord-boris-johnson-says.html

What struck me most about this is the keenes Boreish has for handing over to Trumphart the initiative to make a new deal if the JCPOA collapses. [/u]

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: JCPOA (Iran nuclear agreement) Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
So is BoJo already in Trumps pocket?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/trump-deal-could-replace-2015-iran-nuclear-accord-boris-johnson-says.html

What struck me most about this is the keenes Boreish has for handing over to Trumphart the initiative to make a new deal if the JCPOA collapses. [/u]

From the article: "Johnson said that if the U.S. could not tolerate the deal as it stood, another would have to be negotiated by Trump"

Basically, the usa unilaterally broke the treaty because they did not want to uphold their end of the bargain.

If the usa finds the terms of another treaty distatsteful, they will break that one too.

Perhaps we should just continue to try withe existing treaty. It's hard to say, but something constructive needs to be done, and that means cooperation with all the parties concerned rather than obstruction.

What I dislike most about the usa's attitude is that they say anyone who does not do what the usa wants regarding the usa's sanctions against Iran will also be the subject of sanction. That's a considerable obstruction to progress as well as being blackmail on an international scale.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at the first hurdle in dealing with Trump, Boris capitulates. That's what it looks like to me and it doesn't bode well for trade negotiations with the USA.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So EOT.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
So EOT.

?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've seen how Iran acts with the lying over the shooting down of the air liner until they couldn't get away with it anymore. Then they just hang someone out to dry while the Mullahs act as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

I honestly believe that anyone who thinks Iran will honour any deal if they think they can get away with cheating on it is bloody stupid.

Anyway, it really matters little whether we support America or not. If they tear up the JCPOA it's torn up. Without America it matters nought what anyone else thinks.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
We've seen how Iran acts with the lying over the shooting down of the air liner until they couldn't get away with it anymore. Then they just hang someone out to dry while the Mullahs act as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

I honestly believe that anyone who thinks Iran will honour any deal if they think they can get away with cheating on it is bloody stupid.

Anyway, it really matters little whether we support America or not. If they tear up the JCPOA it's torn up. Without America it matters nought what anyone else thinks.

I dont care for the Iranian regime either but the rapidity with which our government falls into line behind Trump bothers me.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I dont care for the Iranian regime either but the rapidity with which our government falls into line behind Trump bothers me.

Would it bother you if Obama was still in charge or are you just objecting because it's Trump?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Would it bother you if Obama was still in charge or are you just objecting because it's Trump?

Both, Im more concerned about the twonks in our government than the twonks in another government. But I start from a position that the Tories are fundamentally orientated more towards Wall St than the people of the UK. It's very telling how quickly Boris falls in line. Though im sure on a personal level he has no more respect for Trump than I do.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Boris has simply recognised that the spoilt teenage boy in a fat suit Trump is massively jealous of Obama and is trying to rack up the "Presidential achievements." An identical nuclear deal with Trump's name attached to it would suit him perfectly. He's wielded military power recently (tick), met The Queen (tick) but was cruelly ignored by the Nobel Peace Prize Committee. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion Obama was eulogised so much because he was 'of colour' Rolling Eyes .

He wasn't a bad President and he wasn't a brilliant President but he certainly wasn't anything to dribble over. His best bit was he didn't get peoples backs up.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris knows that if the deal says Trump on it then Trump will almost certainly agree to it. It's like how leftists will agree to almost anything if you include words like "diversity" and "multiculturalism".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm of the opinion Obama was eulogised so much because he was 'of colour' Rolling Eyes .

He wasn't a bad President and he wasn't a brilliant President but he certainly wasn't anything to dribble over. His best bit was he didn't get peoples backs up.

The way he handled this impressed me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ohW0aeO1L58

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Boris knows that if the deal says Trump on it then Trump will almost certainly agree to it. It's like how leftists will agree to almost anything if you include words like "diversity" and "multiculturalism".

I must admit im attracted to "death to running dog capitalist pigs" attached to any policy.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

He haf a lot to live up too and when you consider only fifty or so years before a black guy couldn't sit where he wanted to on a bus it was historic that he became president. I thought at the time he would be assasinated.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1