Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Generic 125 worx engine swap

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

C Simpson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:38 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Generic 125 worx engine swap Reply with quote

Hi I own a Generic Worx 125 however I was wondering if I could put a 140 engine into the frame if so could anybody tell me what sort of engine that would be reliable and be less cost effective or a 125 that could I could swap straight out for the engine that’s already in the generic it is a 2012 model

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you get a 140cc engine from for this exact bike? And why do you even want to put a bigger engine into a basic commuter 125 that's probably way below the 15bhp limit anyway?

If you were going to change the engine, why does it have to be a 140cc exactly? Why not a 180/200/250cc one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

C Simpson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:39 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn’t have to be a 140 i just won’t to make my bike faster with a better top speed also so I can use this to take the higher level than a cbt license I would put a 180 but that would easily be noticeable from others and it would not fit the brackets would it? What would you advise

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:26 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a faster bike then sell your current bike and buy a faster bike.

I doubt any engines will fit straight in so if you really want to shoehorn a larger engine into the frame then you'll need to fabricate the necessary brackets.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

C Simpson wrote:
It didn’t have to be a 140 i just won’t to make my bike faster with a better top speed also so I can use this to take the higher level than a cbt license I would put a 180 but that would easily be noticeable from others and it would not fit the brackets would it? What would you advise

1) Get a more powerful 125.
2) Get your next licence and buy something bigger.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will adding a few cubic centimetres increase the top speed? A bit. Increase the torque? A bit. Make it handle better? No! Make it brake quicker? No! Be legal to ride with just a CBT certificate? NO!

C Simpson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:42 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I was going to ride it on a cbt license as soon as I have done my full license which I will be doing in a few months I don’t won’t to be going straight on to a 750 I won’t to build my way up to them and learn About the ins and out with what you can do to a bike I understand people’s concerns but I am only asking for help and guidance what what would be the safest things to do

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling Tef.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 09:54 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

C Simpson wrote:
what what would be the safest things to do

Take a bus.. and wear a condom....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:32 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be better on the road with 600cc+ than 140.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Make it handle better? No! Make it brake quicker? No!

Apologies for repeating myself but you won't be doing yourself any favours inching forward 125 to 140, then buy a 250, then buy a 500, then buy a 650 etc.

Trust me: once you ridden about on >650 for a few hours you'll want to take your 125 out and crush it Shocked You will have to have a lend of a bigger bike to do your training and tests. At over 3x the power even going A1 to A2 is dramatic.

125 to 140? Don't. Even. Bother.

C Simpson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:25 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
C Simpson wrote:

so funny that’s what your parents should of done instead of having a child that’s a idiot if you are going to post a comment that isn’t even funny pal

C Simpson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:30 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Make it handle better? No! Make it brake quicker? No!

Apologies for repeating myself but you won't be doing yourself any favours inching forward 125 to 140, then buy a 250, then buy a 500, then buy a 650 etc.

Trust me: once you ridden about on >650 for a few hours you'll want to take your 125 out and crush it Shocked You will have to have a lend of a bigger bike to do your training and tests. At over 3x the power even going A1 to A2 is dramatic.

125 to 140? Don't. Even. Bother.

Thank you for the advise I will stick with what I have now then do my lessons on a 750 that’s been restricted to a 550 cc is what the instructor said when I asked about what the tests would involve in going up to ride any cc because I am able to do the full access
Thank you for everybody’s advise where due me not having much knowledge around motorbikes

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah what they said
125s are good for local runabouts so learn to look after it
so it's a reliable little workhorse.
You're not the first and wont be the last to want 'moar powah' from a 125
but you'd be wasting your time and money going that way.

Live with it, get full license, then your options will be wide open.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logic and irony is lost in this one!

My point was why start with a Chinese basic commuter 125 with a gay name if you were deliberately going out with a fuck the cost attitude to tuning 125's?

Have you researched if your suspect quality basic A-B bike has a clone engine or is a Chinese own design? Until you know that you don't know what if any parts are available?

But you said an engine transplant is what your looking for instead? How much fabrication and work do you want to do, as I guarantee that if you just want a bike to ride you don't want to be trying to transplant different engines into it.

I've got a kawasaki 125 that I've spent £1.2k+ on in a year and it's not anywhere near running yet. If I'd wanted a bike to ride I'd have long ago gone out and bought one, and for £1200 I could have probably got a really nice used 500-600cc daily rider or whatever came up at the time that looked a good deal.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

C Simpson wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:

so funny that’s what your parents should of done instead of having a child that’s a idiot if you are going to post a comment that isn’t even funny pal

That's ironic - I just rated that as funny, which is unusual for a Tef comment..Take it easy and you'll find folk on here really do have your best interests at heart..
..both on bikes and unwanted pregnancy

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit I laughed at Teffs comment too! It was so out of character lol.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tef in short accurate, useful post shocker! Funny to boot... it's a sign, I'm sure of it...

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 20:00 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

C Simpson wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
C Simpson wrote:

Really? Not funny, or not funny to you?
But still.. it is the correct answer to your question.
You want 'Faster'. How fast a bike goes is dependent on how fast the wheels turn in relation to the crank-shaft, and that is a matter of gearing. You wanna go faster, you need taller cogs. B~U~T, to be able to pull a taller cog, you need more force, and that begs more power.
NOW, what you got is a budget Chinky bike, probably with a Honda CG copy motor, maybe a Suzuki GS copy motor, is its OHC or OHV.... know what the difference is? If not you have a VERY steep learning curve.. howebler.... it's pretty much guaranteed to be an air-cooled four stroke, two-valve per cylinder single, of rather archaic design.. this is not necessarily 'bad', but is some-what limiting on what you could achieve.
The most powerful four stroke 125's, even with multi-valve heads, water-cooling and fuel injection, have never chucked out more than 17bhp from the factory, or exceeded much over 80mph, which bench-marks what you could get from a 125cc four-stroke.
You could bore it out, b-u-t, unless you can get more charge into the thing to fill a bigger cylinder, it aint going to make much odds.
So, engine swaps, what other engine could you chuck in there?
Well, as has been alluded to, with enough enginuity, pretty much anything you want; there was a chap that chopped nd welded up a mini-moto around a GSX-R drag bike engine.... it's all possible... whether its sensible is another matter; whether its do-able, by you, very very dependent, and whether it's actually rideable, something else again....
So what are you really asking? What are you actually hoping to achieve?
Straight off, monkeying with mechanics like this, ?I can tell you, a) is not 'easy', b) tends to be a very good way to spend lots of time and money to make a bike less valuable, less reliable and probably less rideable... can be 'fun' and a better wast of time and money than many other things, like say, golf, or fishing.... but.....
It is NOT a particularly 'sensible' thing to do, and there are very very few good reasons for even trying....
RACING... if you are going to go racing, then there's a raft of regulations you have to comply with, mostly in the ACU Handbook. Things like lock-wiring sump plugs and having a functional kill-switch. Beyond those 'Standing Regulations', there's a bunch of 'class' regs for different categories or classes of machine; like different engine displacements, or 'production' machines vs 'Open Class' machines... these all provide 'some' reason for messing with mechanics.... to find the edge to win races.... but you are not taking this thing racing.
THE LEARNING... you mentioned you wanted; To explore the possibilities of what you could do to a motorbike.... yeah, well, all grist to the mill, and can be good fun... and probably no more unsensible than golf or fishing... b~u~t..... what do you what to actually achieve? Little point re-inventing the wheel to find out why they are better round than egg-shaped! And like I say, its a good way to spend a lot of time and money to make the bike less valuable, and all too often less rideable, if its even notionally rideable at all!!... let alone on the public road, where you still have to work within the Gov't regs for Construction & Use, which is rather more than just getting an MOT on the thing... like, do you have a licence for it! But... still.
IF you want more fast, then there are plenty of bikes out there that offer an awful LOT more fast, no spanners required, and probably not a lot more money....
eg: the Kawasaki ZZR1100 was for a long while 'The Worlds Fastest (Production) Motorcycle', and folk spent the best part of a decade trying to coax one up to the 'Double ton' with the aid of nitreose oxide and or turbo-chargers and the like.... but out the crate that's a 170mph motorcycle... and you can pick one of them up for under a grand... Ie, about the cost of a budget Chinky bike and an e-bay big-bore kit.... how fast do you hope to go? And how much you got to spend?
Taking an air cooled two valve four stroke 125, about the very best you could hope for, is about 12-13bhp and maybe nudging 80mph from time to time... if the thing actually goes, and that is with a heck of a lot of messing. Of course you could, withe enough enginuity do like the GSX-R mini-Moto chap, just take the engine from a ZZR11, and force it into your frame... probably cost as much if not more than just buying a working, road-worthy ZZR, and youd have a mutant that couldn't really handle the power... but you'd get a lot of learning along the way!
SO, back up, what are you really hoping to do here?
And the answer remains the same.. you want 'fast' buy a faster bike... plenty of them about, many of them even still genuinely learner legal, but plenty more that aren't you would need to go get a licence for... so surely that should be the top priority here?
Meanwhile the 'Safe' thing to do, is to catch the bus and wear a condom.... you'll get there in the end, and who knows maybe you'll get lucky along the way.. B~U~T... all depends on what you are hoping for... so, the answers you have got, are the 'right' answers to the question you asked... so if you dont want them? [shrug] try a different question...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1