BCF: Bike Chat Forums

cat invasion

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 16 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next door neighbours don't like cats so I got them some of those high pitched noise emitter things to keep my cats away from them. Seem to work, my cats never go in there. Sprinklers would also work.

My other next door neighbour loves cats and I had a nightmare getting her to stop feeding them so now I can't keep them out of their garden. I hope they never move 😅

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:23 - 17 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
...or you could embrace the fact, become single, a bit smelly, get a bead curtain for your door and a selection 'dream-catchers' as conversation pieces in the vain hope that somebody will visit.

apologies to cat owners not fitting this stereotypical description...

my old neighbor was like this, (single parent) she had one child, was always shouting at the child, but the cats seemed to have been immune to her shouting curse, my god the smell that she emitted when she opened her front door would waft down the street....urgh, Puke still sends tingles down my spine when I think about it. The inside of her house must be a pool of cat shit

kgm wrote:
My next door neighbours don't like cats so I got them some of those high pitched noise emitter things to keep my cats away from them. Seem to work, my cats never go in there. Sprinklers would also work.

Not a bad idea, might give this a try Very Happy

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 17 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:
Diggs wrote:
...or you could embrace the fact, become single, a bit smelly, get a bead curtain for your door and a selection 'dream-catchers' as conversation pieces in the vain hope that somebody will visit.

apologies to cat owners not fitting this stereotypical description...

my old neighbor was like this, (single parent) she had one child, was always shouting at the child, but the cats seemed to have been immune to her shouting curse, my god the smell that she emitted when she opened her front door would waft down the street....urgh, Puke still sends tingles down my spine when I think about it. The inside of her house must be a pool of cat shit

Sadly I have been into many house like this over the years. I am convinced that 'cat lady' is a UK sub-species of Homo Sapiens much like 'social misfit/gamer/school shooter' is a sub-species in the US...

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:38 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

harming cats or any animal is sad so advice on that just stinks.

the best advice here is the sound devices and theres apparently some odour products that will put the cats off. you clearly have something they like and its possible there used to be food given or a cat there they all wanted to have wicked way with.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/gardening-for-wildlife/animal-deterrents/cats-and-garden-birds/cat-deterrents/

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no worse than harming children or adults though is it? I'm not into all this '' Poor animals don't mean to hurt anyone and you should never annoy or hurt them, yet people shout, swear and beat or starve their kids''?

And though I've never found squirting cats with a hosepipe to be a long lasting deterrent, more of a passing scare them away thing. It can't fucking hurt them surely?

I hate cats and can be allergic to them, as well as having had them scare me and scratch me in the past for doing nothing wrong. I will never buy that '' aww look its a cute furry face that you can't help but love and get all gooey over'.

The same people that love cats sometimes (not always or most of them) are horrible to people or even their own kids. I'd step in far sooner if I saw child neglect/violence/cruelty that I would for a fucking cat. Though I don't agree with tormenting or hurting any living creature either. Killing things outright and quickly so they don't suffer, well that's just about what you can get away with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:59 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
It's no worse than harming children or adults though is it? I'm not into all this '' Poor animals don't mean to hurt anyone and you should never annoy or hurt them, yet people shout, swear and beat or starve their kids''?

And though I've never found squirting cats with a hosepipe to be a long lasting deterrent, more of a passing scare them away thing. It can't fucking hurt them surely?

I hate cats and can be allergic to them, as well as having had them scare me and scratch me in the past for doing nothing wrong. I will never buy that '' aww look its a cute furry face that you can't help but love and get all gooey over'.

The same people that love cats sometimes (not always or most of them) are horrible to people or even their own kids. I'd step in far sooner if I saw child neglect/violence/cruelty that I would for a fucking cat. Though I don't agree with tormenting or hurting any living creature either. Killing things outright and quickly so they don't suffer, well that's just about what you can get away with.

How the fuck does child abuse come into this.. not even the topic
seeyalater This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
Killing cats ok.. total retard

It can be a technique if you've got to many, down on the farm, can't it?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:

It can be a technique if you've got to many, drown on the farm, can't it?

FTFY Laughing

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:52 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:

It can be a technique if you've got to many, down on the farm, can't it?

no, on farms they catch rats which actually cause issues to animal feed etc

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:51 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ, so my plan to capture live cats and nail them all to a cross would be frowned up by the bcf community.......christ...........better think again Very Happy

anyway....joking aside

Found the cause of the problem.

Found an old bird nest hidden in the roof of my garage. I suspect the birds nest smell would have been the culprit that is drawing the sodding things towards the house.

I got rid of the birds nest, and have sprayed the whole area with chemicals, and now for the last week the amount of cat incidents has gone down significantly.

The amount of bird shit around the area could only have been described as 'biblical proportions' Shocked

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep the cats away, purchase an mpd72.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:30 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked anyone who doesn't like cats. Silent & deadly hunter killers, fiercely loyal, needy yet very independant.

Several cards marked.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
To keep the cats away, purchase an mpd72.

It only works with Siamese, Bengal, Persian, Russian and the like.

Good old British tabbys are welcome.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
I've never liked anyone who doesn't like cats. Silent & deadly hunter killers, fiercely loyal, needy yet very independant.

Several cards marked.

Fucking bollocks pal!

They aren't useful like guide dogs, hunting dogs, police dogs, border control dogs, sheep dogs, guard dogs, or several other forms of dogs.

And then you get friendship and companionship from dogs. They also encourage humans to get out the house and get some exercise and more than that some social interaction.

Dogs have kept kids safe from being abducted or attacked, saved peoples lives by flagging down help, or alerting people to a dangerous situation. Not to mention how many deterred burglarys and thefts they have helped with.

What have selfish, loner, prowling, fighting, nocturnal natured, animal killing cats ever done for people? You say they are needy and demanding, and yet if you fed them every day or even left food outside, then they wouldn't give a fuck about you after that.

Mark as many cards as you like, I'm ready!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

Several cards marked.

Killers of wildlife. Crappers in other people's garden.

Pressure washer/12-bore/.22LR.

Smile

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:20 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
JackButler wrote:

Several cards marked.

Fucking bollocks pal!

They aren't useful like guide dogs, hunting dogs, police dogs, border control dogs, sheep dogs, guard dogs, or several other forms of dogs.

And then you get friendship and companionship from dogs. They also encourage humans to get out the house and get some exercise and more than that some social interaction.

Dogs have kept kids safe from being abducted or attacked, saved peoples lives by flagging down help, or alerting people to a dangerous situation. Not to mention how many deterred burglarys and thefts they have helped with.

What have selfish, loner, prowling, fighting, nocturnal natured, animal killing cats ever done for people? You say they are needy and demanding, and yet if you fed them every day or even left food outside, then they wouldn't give a fuck about you after that.

Mark as many cards as you like, I'm ready!

go on bud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1k4wNXfDB8

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:26 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love dogs too and im sure if anyone here suggest harming dogs that wander into your garden world war 3 would happen. Dogs have found there way to my garden and there looked after until owner found.

But,, while defending dogs and slating cats just for the sake of it due to some kind of hate,, Google kids hurt by cats and then hurt by dogs.
Look at the results and stats. like i say, I love dogs but in the hands of a bad owner there lethal.. probably owners who think hurting or killing things is ok.
(karma me down all you want, just cos i have a point)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
I love dogs too and im sure if anyone here suggest harming dogs that wander into your garden world war 3 would happen. Dogs have found there way to my garden and there looked after until owner found.

But,, while defending dogs and slating cats just for the sake of it due to some kind of hate,, Google kids hurt by cats and then hurt by dogs.
Look at the results and stats. like i say, I love dogs but in the hands of a bad owner there lethal.. probably owners who think hurting or killing things is ok.

And that's the whole point. Dogs can be trained whether to do good or bad or can be just abused and that makes them dangerous.

The reason dogs become dangerous is humans, end of. Dogs are not naturally vicious to humans. Look at the apex dog predator, the Wolf. It won't attack humans unless it has no other choice or is starving.

The apex cat predators on the other hand regard you as dinner.

https://www.insider.com/tiger-sneaks-up-on-boy-at-dublin-zoo-video-2019-12

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:47 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:

And that's the whole point. Dogs can be trained whether to do good or bad or can be just abused and that makes them dangerous.

The reason dogs become dangerous is humans, end of. Dogs are not naturally vicious to humans. Look at the apex dog predator, the Wolf. It won't attack humans unless it has no other choice or is starving.

The apex cat predators on the other hand regard you as dinner.

https://www.insider.com/tiger-sneaks-up-on-boy-at-dublin-zoo-video-2019-12

I already said dogs are what they are trained to be, the post is about domestic cats not Tigers and Lions. Otherwise we need to throw in the mix African wild dog (Lycaon pictus). then the post goes way out of proportion. My point is people are talking about killing someones pet. thats it

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
My point is people are talking about killing someones pet. thats it

I think you seem to have started them off.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:07 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:
My point is people are talking about killing someones pet. thats it

I think you seem to have started them off.

i never mentioned killing anything, i responded to the posts suggesting it. do you ever post anything productive?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leearchertog wrote:
do you ever post anything productive?

Oooh, *get her*! Unfortunately I feel I do occasionally post something productive, so I can't match your record of approximately zero.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:18 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Leearchertog wrote:
do you ever post anything productive?

Oooh, *get her*! Unfortunately I feel I do occasionally post something productive, so I can't match your record of approximately zero.

ive stuff to do so you have a good day wont you. Thumbs Up

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:22 - 28 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

why has the topic of cats become a sensitive issue recently.......... Thinking

oh no wait, I remember..........
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3