Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The wife bought me a valentine's present...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
He's just been given a gift by his significant other, I don't think now is the time to sh*t on it to be honest.

MarJay wrote:
But you rubbished the poster in his own positive thread? And people wonder why a) Nobody uses forums any more and b) social media is toxic.

Clapping

Agree with this so much, forums are a dying breed as it is. No need for us to speed things along any quicker.

BCF has always had an element of banter, but there's not even an "Only kidding Mr. Green , enjoy" element to the vast majority of the responses.

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:16 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
what do you reckon to the front calliper?

https://www.twfracing.com/images/zparts/GSXRCaliperBracket.jpg

What I had planned for mine before I sold it. With so much racing modding on them, there is a ton of budget to gucci upgrades out there for the bikes.

Also with a decent set of pads, ss lines and kept clean, the brakes were fine for the bike tbh. Its a fairly light bike, not hard to get it to stop.

To the OP, congrats! enjoy the hell out of it, SV is a perfect first bike. Ignore the nonces, I toured all over Europe on mine and they are super fun in the mountains for a cheap bike.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the v twin club. Thumbs Up
Ok it's never going to set the world on fire but it's a working bike, could have been a Harley or a scooter Shocked Laughing

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always be proud of myself for making most of BCF hate SV650’s.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:44 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crashed mine, but it's a track bike. I wasn't hurt as much as when I dropped a creme egg on the floor.

I think it's because there's a lot of better bikes out there, but hey, free gift I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, you usually hear good things about SV650s. People say they handle well, and they're also decent all-rounders because they're still up to the standard of Japanese 1990s bikes. I've never ridden one and probably never will, just because time isn't limitless and I think I'd rather own some of the outright sports bikes from that era. The SV650 is no looker, that's for sure.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming out of the closet and I have to say I agree with little red machine. The earlier SV's alloy trellis frame is quite a nice thing and the motor has some character, but maybe lacks that last bit of fizz and top end sparkle it wanted all along. Other than that, a decent USD front end and swing arm with some Ohlins or WP goodness would be the right ingredients for something spicy and tasty IMO.

Theres more potential in the SV chassis and bike as a whole than there was in the TLS 1000.

Then again I'm one of those perverts who likes to see more modern front and rear ends on a proper Suzuki like a Kettle. A Harris or Spondon GT750 is a sexual thing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:15 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was interesting to see that w/ emulators the sv has made sub 1:40 times @ cadwell.

So - you got the bike, now all you have to do is mod the forks...and ride like a pro. Wink

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced wrote:
I will always be proud of myself for making most of BCF hate SV650’s.

Not me.
Even G who hates twins used to race 1.

Wouldn't want one myself because they are common as muck. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how all four pot bikes are cool and all twins are shit though, I never did?

I like motorbikes that have from one to six cylinders. But I'd never generalise and say for example that all singles are shit and that all 6 cylinder bikes are perfect etc.

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, she bought you a bike, that's pretty awesome.

This is a pretty good bike actually. I rode one for a good while. Fun.

Man, I wish women bought me stuff like this. I only ever get drinks 'cos they want to get me drunk so I go to bed with them Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2