Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Economically Inactive

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:23 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Economically Inactive Reply with quote

Are you "economically inactive"?

If you are, what field of work are you looking forward to entering, fruit picking, labouring, care work or in hospitality maybe?

A government mouthpiece said:-

Quote:
"staff shortages can be dealt with by training the 8.5 million people who are economically inactive".

As a member of the "economically inactive", and a fully signed up member of the the idly early retired club, I shall continue idling my time away with things I want to do.
What I won't be doing is applying for some, shitty, minimum wage job, picking fucking turnips!

Yet another tranche of bollox from barmy Boris's think tank!

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing left for you types.. other than recycling into soylent green...

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: Economically Inactive Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

What I won't be doing is applying for some, shitty, minimum wage job, picking fucking turnips!

Who said anything about wage?

In the field with you serf!

Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: Economically Inactive Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Are you "economically inactive"?

If you are, what field of work are you looking forward to entering, fruit picking, labouring, care work or in hospitality maybe?

A government mouthpiece said:-

Quote:
"staff shortages can be dealt with by training the 8.5 million people who are economically inactive".

As a member of the "economically inactive", and a fully signed up member of the the idly early retired club, I shall continue idling my time away with things I want to do.

Yet another tranche of bollox from barmy Boris's think tank!

I think neeps are lifted.

Strawberries, apples etc. would be the picking job.

I hope this helps.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necessity is the mother of invention.

If your choice is between sh1te job and starving to death then you'd pick the former. However, if your pension is sufficient that you can get by then of course you won't do such work.

I'd draw the line at office toilet cleaner. Respect to those brave souls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:43 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Re: Economically Inactive Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
blah blah blah blah

Without Donk, you've got no one to argue with. Laughing

Isn't importing cheap labour from abroad one or two steps up from slavery?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crappy wages MUST pay more than benefits before the economically inactive would consider crappy jobs.
That and the economic need: like having benefits withdrawn.

I’ve done crappy jobs to keep the bailiffs from the door.
I’d be a rubbish criminal so that is not a economic viability for me.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:19 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Bastard is economically inactive.

All the time she continues to be a slut in bed with me she doesn't need to be.

I dont want her grubbling in a field and potentially putting her back out for 200 quid a week.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wage has to be worth it though - the person needs to be financially better off than being on benefits. The problem though is that benefits are intertwined with wages now so saying someone is on benefits doesn't mean they're not working! Pay a fair wage where benefits are not needed to supplement the worker is a good start - it also decreases the benefits bill and government gains there. Employers who cannot afford to pay enough should be closed down - we should not be supplementing a failing business with our taxes.

As for doing those sh*tty jobs - of course I would. I do fear wasps so fruit grabbing scares the sh*t out of me but cleaning toilets? It's my fave job in my house. I don't mind doing things like that. I dislike repetition so sorting recycling at a conveyor belt would be no good. Cleaning toilets is repetitive but sometimes random things occur such as a big sweetcorn encrusted jobby blocking the loo so it's not all bad. Take a few pics and share to FaceBook and the day flies by.
Work with old folk? Hell yeah - sure it can be difficult if they're having a bad day because it then lands on you but it's work and worthwhile work at that.
Cleaning an office? Yes I would do that. Why not? Time flies, exercise, you feel better for it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 21 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do early retirees pay National Insurance Contributions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
jenniechase This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:36 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jennie. Economic conditions can be improved by a good display of your tits.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Hello Jennie. Economic conditions can be improved by a good display of your tits.

Jennie says she'll show you, but only if youve got a voucher.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:20 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Do early retirees pay National Insurance Contributions?

You pay ni on earnings up to the state pension age.

If you retire early you still dont get the state pension until you reach the requisite age, currently 67 for me, and you still have to pay ni on earnings the same as everyone else.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was a UK citizen, living in the UK, I'd learn whatever labour/craft the EU imigrants did. IF the borders get closed and the cheap EU labour goes home, I bet the UK gov. will take whatever measures to support the market, local craftsmen, such as setting the limits on the minimum wages at this area of the job market.

So, knowing how to do stuff with your hands could turn very fruitful in a few months, years.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:01 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need much in the way of skills to wash cars and pick lettuces.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
If I was a UK citizen, living in the UK, I'd learn whatever labour/craft the EU imigrants did.

C+E licence entitlement.

Never mind all the other shit, if the Poles and Romanians feck off home our supply chains will be crippled.

Nobody picking the lettuces in the fields doesn't matter if there is no lorry to move them through the stages of supply chain.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Stobarts start using foreign drivers? Might well be his demise (in haulage) if he did..

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
If I was a UK citizen, living in the UK, I'd learn whatever labour/craft the EU imigrants did.

C+E licence entitlement.

Never mind all the other shit, if the Poles and Romanians feck off home our supply chains will be crippled.

Nobody picking the lettuces in the fields doesn't matter if there is no lorry to move them through the stages of supply chain.

We have 93000,00 prisoners in uk prisons, rather than target 'economic inactive people' why don't we use the some of the prisoner population to actually do the unskilled work for us (like they do in some american prisons)

It won't be the 'wonder bullet' but this might alleviate some of the problems that lack of eastern labor will have

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Didn't Stobarts start using foreign drivers? Might well be his demise (in haulage) if he did..

Everyone uses loads of them and has been for a long time. Stobarts on/off/on/off demise is for other reasons.

In some sectors of the industry it's over 40% of the workforce. A few years ago when I was planning deliveries to a large discount retailer from an RDC I was using 60% agency every day, at least 2/3rds of those drivers were Polish.

Like other Industries they tend to do the shit/long hours/anti social hours jobs (often pay well, Brits are just too workshy). So if they all fecked off expect parcel networks, pallet networks, supermarkets, out and in town retail to grind to a halt quickly, fast moving consumer goods will take a real kicking. Stores will struggle to adapt to it, in their rush to turn stock rooms in to floor space retailers have made their outlets dependent on high delivery frequencies.

To further make working around it hard, much of the spaces you could put railway goods yards on edges of towns, to remove the need for so many HGV drivers, have been turned in to....... out of town retail parks Laughing

As most of the haulage is not done by retailers but contracted out profit margins are tiny, so they can't even push wages to silly levels to draw people in.

Other sectors will take a battering too but some will be better placed to take a profit hit and pay more, which in turn will ream out the other bits harder.

I often tell people, the best £2-3k you can invest is in licence training and tests for C, C+E and Driver CPC. You will never be unemployed (assuming you retain 1 arm and 1 leg), you will always find a comfortable pay cheque. It's the ultimate employment safety net and the more EU drivers leave the more gold plated that net becomes.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:
We have 93000,00 prisoners in uk prisons, rather than target 'economic inactive people' why don't we use the some of the prisoner population to actually do the unskilled work for us (like they do in some american prisons)

It won't be the 'wonder bullet' but this might alleviate some of the problems that lack of eastern labor will have

That is an interesting, yet somehow controversial idea. Forced labour would be bad for the British international relationships/image, so the only way would be paying the prisoners fair wages and to make the labour their own ''free'' choice, which is something that might be already a thing in the UK, it is in Czech rep. Prisoners in Czech rep. make, for instance, the furniture for the public sector use.

OR use the USA model, using the ''penal labour'', making the labour a punishment, which is legal over there. It is funny though, as USA won't allow any forced labour made goods to enter the USA market while this is completely alright. It's also perhaps the only actually ''Made in USA'' stuff there is these days. Razz

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 21:37 - 22 Feb 2020; edited 1 time in total

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

WreckTangle wrote:

Let prisoners out on release Monday-Friday to drive 44 ton artics around the country?

You know it's essentially a hard to stop battering ram with a range upward of 800 miles?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:34 - 22 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you don't go to prison to be punished. The loss of your liberty is the punishment.

In addition you are supposed to rehabilitate your prisoners so they don't continue to be recividists.

Making your prison workforce do forced labour as part of it is too close to slavery.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try getting a bus from a town or city estate to the field which needs working on. Theres plenty of people who would work on farms but its practically impossible given transpirt costs for what are minimum wage and often seasonal jobs. Eastern European yokels often live on the farms in little caravan shanty towns or they have their own transport they've clubbed together for.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 24 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
So, you don't go to prison to be punished. The loss of your liberty is the punishment.

In addition you are supposed to rehabilitate your prisoners so they don't continue to be recividists.

Making your prison workforce do forced labour as part of it is too close to slavery.

But it's popular in the US... oh wait.. ah Doh!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3