Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:06 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
JackButler wrote:

After a succesful 14day trial period, smart phones are now banned in the Butler household.
. Wow!

No they aren't, this kids just retarded. He's giving us a great insight into his lie of a life, which is all fake and tries to give us Billy big balls when in fact he's an underachieving youth with a shitty CBR.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who know they're wrong, but their "rational" response is to get aggressive and in your face.

Essex wideboy driving like a twat in the building basement.

I'm not easily spooked by peoples driving, but when I felt the need to take a step back away from his car and say slow down, he clearly decided he was the next Lewis Hamilton.

Probably the type to glass you from behind in the pub, because "you looked at him the wrong way"!

CUNT.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following on from above - Know it alls who won't admit they are wrong.

On FB BMC boat engine page someone was asking 'do you take the oil level in a PRM150 gearbox with the dipstick screwed in or sitting on the threads'.

I have the exact same gearbox on my boat and know from having checked, PRM say to screw the dip stick in, which I admit is unusual but it's there in the manual and on PRM's FAQ's.

So along comes know it all saying 'unscrewed', I was a bit short with him, sickpup style (you're a fcuking idiot I think I said) and got the 'I've been working on these since god created the diesel, you don't know anything' etc.

So I posted the bit from the PRM manual and even then he wasn't having it, twat.

Those gearboxes are notorious for blowing seals if overfilled and there he is advocating a level 10mm or so above what it should be, Cvnt.

Last edited by Polarbear on 13:00 - 28 Feb 2020; edited 1 time in total

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Following on fro above - Know it alls who won't admit they are wrong.

On FB BMC boat engine page someone was asking 'do you take the oil level in a PRM150 gearbox with the dipstick screwed in or sitting on the treads.

I have the exact same gearbox on my boat and know from having checked, PRM say to screw the dip stick in, which I admit is unusual but it's there in the manual and on PRM's FAQ's.

So along comes know it all saying 'unscrewed', I was a bit short with him, sickpup style (you're a fcuking idiot I think I said) and got the 'I've been working on these since god created the diesel, you don't know anything' etc.

So I posted the bit from the PRM manual and even then he wasn't having it, twat.

Those gearboxes are notorious for blowing seals if overfilled and there he is advocating a level 10mm or so above what it should be, Cvnt.

I feel your pain!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:37 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unwashed crusty Greta supporting protest people in Bristol.

They're making the place look untidy and I missed seeing Greta this morning by about ten minutes. Evil or Very Mad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:00 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I missed seeing Greta this morning by about ten minutes. Evil or Very Mad

Good job too, she'd have been dripping like a George Foreman grill if she's seen you. Ste for Mod.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:11 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greta crusties on the train are looking for the bath or possibly Bath.

They say "is this station Bath?" which I tell them it is so I can then watch them get off at the wrong station. Mr. Green

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Following on from above - Know it alls who won't admit they are wrong..

There's a few of those on this forum too.

For example:

Silence

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2010 VW Tiguan showed the battery/alternator warning light on the A1(M) this evening but I kept going another mile hoping it would either go out or I'd make it home. Then the overheating warning came on. I nursed it down the hard shoulder but I wasn't keen to stop. The road is bloody dangerous at the best of times. It's one reason I abandoned the Winter motorcycle commute. I let the car cool just before the busy off-slip, then drove into town where the temperature gauge maxed out and I pulled into a side road. As I did so, myriad warning lights appeared, and the power steering abandoned me. I would have expected some response from the wheel but it was virtually locked dead centre. Rubbish! The brakes lost the servo too.

I'm tempted to buy a good old-fashioned car which doesn't rely on powered this-and-that; one with old skool decent visibility too. Anyhow, I sat and thought for a bit, could have called the RAC but it had been a shitty day and home was just a mile away so I ditched and walked. Forgot my house keys in the centre console so had to go back. Mad

Google suggests it might be a slipped or snapped "serpentine belt" which drives the alternator, water pump and some other stuff. I might be able to replace it myself roadside for man points but heck, it's February, it's parked outside somebody else's house and I've got RAC membership. I'll call them tomorrow.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:58 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
My 2010 VW Tiguan showed the battery/alternator warning light on the A1(M) this evening but I kept going another mile hoping it would either go out or I'd make it home. Then the overheating warning came on. I nursed it down the hard shoulder but I wasn't keen to stop. The road is bloody dangerous at the best of times. It's one reason I abandoned the Winter motorcycle commute. I let the car cool just before the busy off-slip, then drove into town where the temperature gauge maxed out and I pulled into a side road. As I did so, myriad warning lights appeared, and the power steering abandoned me. I would have expected some response from the wheel but it was virtually locked dead centre. Rubbish! The brakes lost the servo too.

I'm tempted to buy a good old-fashioned car which doesn't rely on powered this-and-that; one with old skool decent visibility too. Anyhow, I sat and thought for a bit, could have called the RAC but it had been a shitty day and home was just a mile away so I ditched and walked. Forgot my house keys in the centre console so had to go back. Mad

Google suggests it might be a slipped or snapped "serpentine belt" which drives the alternator, water pump and some other stuff. I might be able to replace it myself roadside for man points but heck, it's February, it's parked outside somebody else's house and I've got RAC membership. I'll call them tomorrow.

That will be it, what used to be called an alternator/fan belt.

If you are tempted to replace it yourself, make sure you know what the belt drives, to make sure you buy the right part, get a picture of the routing and take a selection of tools , so you can relieve the tension on whatever tensioners/guide wheels you need to fit it.

Also, those belts rarely fail for no reason, so check for failed tensioner bearings, or seized components like water pumps, PAS pumps or AC compressors.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

That will be it, what used to be called an alternator/fan belt.

If you are tempted to replace it yourself, make sure you know what the belt drives, to make sure you buy the right part, get a picture of the routing and take a selection of tools , so you can relieve the tension on whatever tensioners/guide wheels you need to fit it.

Also, those belts rarely fail for no reason, so check for failed tensioner bearings, or seized components like water pumps, PAS pumps or AC compressors.

These can be a proper bitch to fit. Not a recommended roadside fix. Like as not you will need to take a wheel off remove some kind of wing access panel which will be hampered by corroded screws, then you have to sit in a puddle trying to figure out the belt route (not simple) and wonder why they gave you a belt which is 'clearly' too short Confused etc.. etc. Give yourself a break and Get RAC man to tow you to nearest garage..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

These can be a proper bitch to fit. Not a recommended roadside fix. Like as not you will need to take a wheel off remove some kind of wing access panel which will be hampered by corroded screws, then you have to sit in a puddle trying to figure out the belt route (not simple) and wonder why they gave you a belt which is 'clearly' too short Confused etc.. etc. Give yourself a break and Get RAC man to tow you to nearest garage..

I used to have a Clio that spat them off for fun (I was too lazy to fix the tensioner). First time on the roadside was exactly as you describe, what a soul destroying shit job, was pissing with rain and dark as well. Though after that I realised if I used the straight end of a crowbar as a narrow, long arm extension I could do all the routing at the bottom end while stood up above the car. Turned it in to a 10 minute job.

May not apply to everyone though depends on the routing. I think on my current mini you may actually need to get it on a lift Shocked or at least a level of dismantling you can't do roadside.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:57 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's softplay saturday with the little bastard (tm) and I have a hangover.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks, just the response I was hoping for. Well this morning I waited a reasonable hour for the RAC, and in daylight I'd already seen the snapped belt dangling on the side of the engine. RAC man fetched a replacement from Euro Car Parts but couldn't quite get it onto all 6 pulleys at the roadside (so I'd have had no chance myself). The perishing cold probably didn't help. The battery had recovered so power steering was back for a while and I was able to drive the short distance home, pausing at an MOT centre which turned out to be shut. I'll see if I can charge the battery and I'll go back on Monday. Apparently it will be easy with a lift and two blokes working together. Towing wasn't an option because it is 4WD, a problem which hadn't occurred to me.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows!

The feckers peck away at the moss on our roof so much that it sounds like someone's hammering on it, despite us being in a detached house.

I went out to look today and they've pecked a whole tile loose! There was even a big crow pulling at it, in full view, as I watched, brazen!

There's now the beginnings of a hole where they've dislodged the tile, at the most exposed corner of the roof, just as the gales begin.

Thoughts and prayers BCF, please.

We may have no roof at all by morning. Shocked Smile

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay sellers.

Ordered a "service kit" for my Enfield. Should have had an air filter and an oil filter. Listing clearly stated it was selling an air filter and an oil filter for a Continental GT 535.

I received an oil filter for an Interceptor 650 and another oil filter for a Himalayan.

I could sort of understand the error if I'd had air and oil filter for a wrong bike, 2 oil filters for 2 different bikes though, morons. Luckily I had a spare oil filter so it didn't hold up my planned oil change.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
eBay sellers.

Ordered a "service kit" for my Enfield. Should have had an air filter and an oil filter. Listing clearly stated it was selling an air filter and an oil filter for a Continental GT 535.

I received an oil filter for an Interceptor 650 and another oil filter for a Himalayan.

I could sort of understand the error if I'd had air and oil filter for a wrong bike, 2 oil filters for 2 different bikes though, morons. Luckily I had a spare oil filter so it didn't hold up my planned oil change.

Time for negative feedback/buyers ratings?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I am a "got my shit mainly together" kind of bird, I am currently in this mode

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThoughtfulRaggedDegu-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LastingNextChupacabra-mobile.mp4

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J3CQmaFbr5Mp84g/giphy.gif

I'm sure I'll be alright in a day or so, but right now ... I'm just having one of those wtf am I *doing* in my life moments.
Jeez, LOL.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on my feet for the best part of 14 hours yesterday.
Today my feet feel like they’ve been smacked with a hammer Shocked !

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking my cat, Freddie, for his last visit to the vets this afternoon Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Peanut_Butter
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sad. Freddie is a cutie btw

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel for you Mr Panrider.

I have a very similar ginger bugger like that .

RIP little fella.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Time for negative feedback/buyers ratings?

They even turn that in to an absolute ballache. Return, refund and never use that seller again.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Awww schweetie Crying or Very sad
*mwah*
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 557 of 698