Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 509, 510, 511 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
[
Boris may be a man of many words and few actions but remember who handed him the keys to No.10: the middle-class snobs who sneered at the working man and his real-world experience.

Nope they didn't, Jermeny Corbyn, Dianne Abbot, John McDonnell and the influence of the momentum movement gave Boris the keys

That's what I said: middle-class snobs!

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:51 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

(Slogans, EU evil, slogans, Dear Leader good, slogans)

I think we can safely park it?

Unless you can name some concrete benefits of Brexit that got it popular support and are actually deliverable 😘

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Unless you can name some concrete benefits of Brexit that got it popular support and are actually deliverable 😘

Nice of you to be gracious and admit defeat Cool

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

The fact that we give it £13 billion a year and got basically fcuk all back?

Well done on actually quoting a real source BTW Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be those who will never get over the fact that they lost and will do everything to try and meddle with the country trying to get on with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's annoying though that such meddling occurs, suggesting that said people would rather see the country sink into the sea and be proved right than see it prosper under a decision they didn't agree with.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:02 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assorted Beautiful Minds wrote:
Of repulsive remoaners and reactionaries

The problem of pathetic saboteurs trying to derail Will of the People is a well known one. A great patriot and freedom supporter spoke about it almost a century ago, his words perfectly applicable to current events.

Quote:

The People, in giving expression to their indignation, at the same time demonstrated their readiness to continue the struggle and, if need be, to defend Brexit with arms in hand, just as it defended it during the years following the referendum.

The mainstream media has surrounded Brexit in a fog of insinuation, slander, invention and falsehood, in an endeavour, the purpose of which is only too clear, to distract attention from the real significance and character of Brexit. We have had utterances on the subject from persons standing very close to foreign ruling circles.

The question involuntarily arises: what is the reason for all this, to what is it due? Why, parallel with the growth and strengthening of the economic power of England do we find this consolidation of hostile forces and their centralisation in one combined organisation in direct contact with interventionist circles in continental Europe?
To explain it I will cite the words uttered by the PM:

Three and a half years have passed since the referendum. To characterise this period in a few words, we might call it the turn of the tide. The tide turned not only for us in the UK,
but also for the globalists of the whole world. But there was a radical difference between these two turns. While the turn for the UK meant a turn towards a new and important economic advance, for the globalists it meant a turn towards economic decline. We in the UK have a growing advance in British construction, both in industry and in agriculture. They, the globalists, have a growing crisis in their economic life, both in industry and in agriculture.”

It seems to me that these facts clearly explain the hullabaloo raised around this trial, the fierce howls set up by a section of the mainstream media and the mystifications, the false and stupid
inventions to which it resorts. Caught red-handed! Caught red-handed on the very eve of the carrying out of the plan. That is the reason for the hullabaloo and the howling, the lies and the inventions.

We must get a clear idea of the nature of this organisation. We must understand the full complexity of the independence struggle now proceeding, in order that we may fully appreciate the degree of real danger to which our country is subjected by the activities of these individuals as a whole, and in order at the same time to define the degree of individual danger which each of them represents.

It goes on for 10 more pages, every sentence accurately describing the bitter losers who in their malice will not embrace the new order Rolling Eyes

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think you ought to engage with the conversation instead of just making shit up.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I do think you ought to engage with the conversation instead of just making shit up.

Solutions are beneath these people Crying or Very sad

https://media.giphy.com/media/qkJJRL9Sz1R04/giphy.gif

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
TBH I used to believe it all went wrong with the Chartists but then it was pointed out to me they marched not to bring down the establishment but to join it. Same with the Suffragettes,

"Men, their rights, and nothing more. Women, their rights, and nothing less."

EU: "Fcuk all rights for you, you Enlgish piiiiiiiiiggg."

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 30 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 5 months later, nothing much has changed on Brexit, it seems that no one really cares what happens anymore.

And Covid has proved that it's not that important.

We no longer have freedom of movement, we can't even go to Spain, without facing 2 weeks house arrest. No one seems to give a 4x anymore.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pm-threatens-no-deal-brexit-over-eus-state-aid-rules-phlpl9prd

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 02 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 months later something has changed.

This is that Mr Roman Numeral man now appears to have bad karma.

When did that happen?

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean my fellow Town fan?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel Barmier has said of course we can control our own waters, "but the fish in those waters are another matter" Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Michel Barmier has said of course we can control our own waters, "but the fish in those waters are another matter" Laughing

Perhaps he should tell that to Norway, iceland, the Faroes, all of which have arrangements with the eu on fishing which are similar to the ones we want, and none of which are in the eu.

Now, where's that "raises eyebrow" emoticon....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by that you mean my old mucca MPD172, he seems to have done one.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the EU so afraid of that they just can't bring themselves to let go of us? Are they really that insecure?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure on this one tbh, it sounds pretty bad if the UK has broken the law and reneaged on the agreement.

It was on the news tonight that an 'appalled' Sir John Major and St Tony have written a joint article rebuking the government.

Is the UK justified in what it's done? I don't know, I just don't have the facts, and listening to Gove try and defend it makes me want val to come back.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

It was on the news tonight that an 'appalled' Sir John Major and St Tony have written a joint article rebuking the government.

Is the UK justified in what it's done?

Oh well, if Blair is appalled by it, it must be the right thing to do!
In my view, the EU have left us with no choice, if you believe in UK sovereignty.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update please. I will get almost close to fuckall news about the UK until January when all this presidential lark is put to bed for a short while and the media start looking for something fresh to bitch about.
We've had the leader of the House of Representatives say this week that the US won't be agreeing any trade deals with the UK if they go ahead with this new bill.
Is the new bill creating a hard border, the option to create a hard border or what? Anyone any ideas what the bit about 'breaking a specific part of international law' is all about?
And, finally, did MPD acquire a new user name? His politics stunk but he seemed to know his bikes.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Is the UK justified in what it's done? I don't know, I just don't have the facts

I don't know, you say the UK has done something, but what HAS the UK done?

If you don't know the facts, that means you ought to consider getting them from somewhere. I do not recommend the Daily Express, "Independent" (sic), Guardien or something called Britbert.

You could usefully look at:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-internal-market-bill-introduced-today

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/internal-market-bill

That sort of thing.

HTH.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, the EU are threatening to use the NI protocol in the Withdrawal agreement to ban all food stuffs from the mainland entering NI without tariffs if Boris doesn't remove his bill of amendment to the WA. It would be entirely up to the EU which goods are restricted in this way. Without this threat, so-called "no risk" goods, i.e. those that would not go from NI to the EU, i.e. Eire, would not have tariffs applied. The EU are threatening to apply tariffs to all food stuffs going from the UK mainland to NI, thus effectively applying a hard border in the Irish Sea.

This is totally contrary to the GFA, as it splits NI from the mainland without the agreement of the people of NI (but no one seems to be protesting at this). The UK government's action will prevent this from happening, so the GFA can remain intact and unviolated. The EU, as usual, are being totally disingenuous in suggesting it is the UK who are threatening the GFA by this bill of the government's. The EU continue to be bad faith players in everything to do with Brexit.

That's my understanding anyway. Obviously Remainers will see it from the EU point of view, since they don't mind if the UK is split up.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:02 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
it makes me want val to come back.

Luckily for us, Val and cdlxxvi haven't been seen since Reality made an appearance. Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 14 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Basically, the EU are threatening to use the NI protocol in the Withdrawal agreement to ban all food stuffs from the mainland entering NI without tariffs if Boris doesn't remove his bill of amendment to the WA. It would be entirely up to the EU which goods are restricted in this way. Without this threat, so-called "no risk" goods, i.e. those that would not go from NI to the EU, i.e. Eire, would not have tariffs applied. The EU are threatening to apply tariffs to all food stuffs going from the UK mainland to NI, thus effectively applying a hard border in the Irish Sea.

This is totally contrary to the GFA, as it splits NI from the mainland without the agreement of the people of NI (but no one seems to be protesting at this). The UK government's action will prevent this from happening, so the GFA can remain intact and unviolated. The EU, as usual, are being totally disingenuous in suggesting it is the UK who are threatening the GFA by this bill of the government's. The EU continue to be bad faith players in everything to do with Brexit.

That's my understanding anyway. Obviously Remainers will see it from the EU point of view, since they don't mind if the UK is split up.

I've said it in this thread before, but whenever I hear EU on the news it's always along the lines of:
"EU threatening"
"EU issue ultimatum"
"EU demand"
"EU want"
"EU say Brits must wear flag of St. George for identification"

I made the last one up.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 14 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it as a threat as in if there is no deal, we are going to put up controls at our country borders and not where the EU have told us to.

As much as I don't give a rats arse if NI is part of UK or not, they, unlike wee willie krankys mob, have not yet shown a wish to leave UK so in my view the borders of our country should be on the borders of the country, not splitting it.

As far as the US is concerned, fcuk them, they've always love the Micks more than us.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 509, 510, 511 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 510 of 523