Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A Culture on Trial in Oxford

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:35 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: A Culture on Trial in Oxford Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-51467518?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/the_reporters&link_location=live-reporting-story

In the United Kingdom we can only jail them.
So disappointing.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:52 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life , hard labour, and mandatory castrations, Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

I was thinking of something a tad more medieval, something more fitting of their heritage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:48 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say a culture on trial but I'm not sure it is.

To me they seem to be taking each group as a separate entity and not willing to investigate why the the majority all come from the same social and cultural background and maybe implement measures to correct those attitudes.

Anyway, a good bit of public stoning would be good, and everyone could keep 2 meters away from the victim so he doesn't catch corona because thats the right thing to do. Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
You say a culture on trial but I'm not sure it is.

To me they seem to be taking each group as a separate entity and not willing to investigate why the the majority all come from the same social and cultural background and maybe implement measures to correct those attitudes.

Anyway, a good bit of public stoning would be good, and everyone could keep 2 meters away from the victim so he doesn't catch corona because thats the right thing to do. Thumbs Up

Maybe the attack on mass against religion hasn't worked. History proves that.

If we take them out one by one then it should discourage a lot of sheep from joining the flock.

But I'm talking oot my Arse as we still look at people such as Joan of Arc as martyrs.
When really they are psychologically disturbed to 'die for god'.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
pepperami wrote:

I was thinking of something a tad more medieval, something more fitting of their heritage.

Yeah okay, I’m not adverse to that Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was meant to be a government inquiry into these paedo groups. Unfortunately it was far too damning to be published:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grooming-gang-rotherham-review-home-office-findings-a9344896.html

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who turned a blind eye should be put on trial with them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There was meant to be a government inquiry into these paedo groups. Unfortunately it was far too damning to be published:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grooming-gang-rotherham-review-home-office-findings-a9344896.html

So did you did actually read the article, which explains why the report (into the characteristics of these vile gangs, with a view to forming a national strategy), and was not "a report into these paedo groups" per se was not published?

Let's hope that the strategy formed as a result of these enquiries will be extremely effective.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: A Culture on Trial in Oxford Reply with quote

- wrote:
MCN wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-51467518?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/the_reporters&link_location=live-reporting-story

So disappointing.

Most have dual nationality. I know what I'd do with them.
How many criminals in prison in the Uk also have dual nationality?

Forced repatriation and cancelling of UK citizenship would solve a huge segment of our crime, especially in drug, knife, and child sex grooming.
It would also free us prison space and save us a fortune in prison costs.

It's such a shame the thrown race cards let this lot evade sentencing for a decade since being caught. Did any flee back to Pakistan n this time and get sentenced in their absence as normally happens in these cases?

The gov have a poor track record for repatriation of criminals.
I rhink that 'The Hook' cost the British tax payer more than the fucker would have cost in jail here.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:06 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: A Culture on Trial in Oxford Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

So disappointing.

There is jail time and there is jail time.

They may well find themselves in a position to find out first hand what it's like to be on the receiving end of repeated beatings and sexual abuse.

Especially when the inevitable riots resulting from the extended lockdown and staff shortages the current public health situation has caused happen.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it, more likely lionized in jail.

This is about as controversial as I'll get.

Christians follow Jesus as a role model (WWJD)

Muslims, naturally, follow Muhammed as a role model.

Jesus re-invented the Old Testament, 'No eye for an eye, love those who persecute you, etc. etc.'. If you believe the Gospels he was celibate, hurt no one, and died a horrible death.

The Da Vinci code cast doubt on the above, suggesting Jesus married and had children. Even if he did, this is not really a bad thing.

Muhammed, on the other hand, killed lots of people, had sex slaves, and married a 9 year old.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:22 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the F~ck was Morse?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I doubt it, more likely lionized in jail.

This is about as controversial as I'll get.

Christians follow Jesus as a role model (WWJD)

Muslims, naturally, follow Muhammed as a role model.

Jesus re-invented the Old Testament, 'No eye for an eye, love those who persecute you, etc. etc.'. If you believe the Gospels he was celibate, hurt no one, and died a horrible death.

The Da Vinci code cast doubt on the above, suggesting Jesus married and had children. Even if he did, this is not really a bad thing.

Muhammed, on the other hand, killed lots of people, had sex slaves, and married a 9 year old.

Funny, I said this exact same thing to one of my work colleagues about 6 months ago.

If the "hero" of the Qur'an is a violent warlord with a taste for young girls (and a poor grasp on mathematics) where the fuck does all this "religion of peace" bullshit come from?!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience with Islam, apart from a guy at work who wore the full dress and everything. He was a really nice person.

I would imagine though that they treat Muhammed the way Christians treat Jesus, i.e. as a role model. In fact probably more so, in that you can't draw a picture of Muhammed, or name a teddy bear after him, etc.

This is where I struggle, as the evidence shows Muhammed did some very dodgy things.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:14 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The are just running 200 years or so behind Christianity, that's all.

And the whole child sex thing sems to have been reserved for the clerical classses.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

So that's acceptable?

The one thing I hate about religion, all religions, is this idea they are special and you can't say anything against themthat could be taken the wrong way.

Make everyone register thir religion or lack of. Ban all sky fairy worshippers from having the vote. Thumbs Up

Including Klingons.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

So that's acceptable?

He did not say or imply that.

I don't think it's a matter of how far people are behind (or in front of) Christianity, per se - it's more about education (many highly educated people have been religious and of good character) - and bigotry.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main difference between Islam and Christianity is the latter experienced the Reformation: that one's relationship with God is personal and not dictated by a paedo in a dress spouting Latin. People were tortured and killed en masse to prevent the Bible's translation into German (and then English) in a futile attempt to prevent the plebs making up their own minds.

What I find strange is that the Qur'an has now been translated and mis-translated just as much as the Bible. I've read several English translations and it really makes no sense to me at all whereas the Bible at least has some useful nuggets of wisdom scattered amongst the histories, the apocryphal tales and, well, outright bollox like any other religious text.

Whereas the original obfuscation of sticking to Latin kept the uneducated in the dark the Qur'an is just soooo awful (even if you understand Arabic) you'd need a Muslim scholar to explain it all to you - power remaining in the hands of the clergy.

Take this bit on inheritance:

Muhsin Khan (translator) wrote:
Allah commands you as regards your children's (inheritance); to the male, a portion equal to that of two females; if (there are) only daughters, two or more, their share is two thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is half. For parents, a sixth share of inheritance to each if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased left brothers or (sisters), the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases is) after the payment of legacies he may have bequeathed or debts. You know not which of them, whether your parents or your children, are nearest to you in benefit, (these fixed shares) are ordained by Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.

Surah An-Nisa 4:11

Fuck being the Executor of a Muslim will!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith and Punishment Based religion needs no understanding. You just need to do as God tells you to do.
Any questions... How dare you! Whack. Whack, Whack...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Faith and Punishment Based religion needs no understanding. You just need to do as God tells you to do.
Any questions... How dare you! Whack. Whack, Whack...

That's the thing: it's not "as God tells you" it's how the Imam or Scholar explains it to you. I wouldn't say the King James' Bible is an easy going read but at least the intention was to make the text accessible. Unless you're an expert in extinct Arabic dialects (and even then it'd be tough) there's no way to get a handle on Qu'ran.

The greatest tragedy is that the Middle East used to be a hotbed if discovery, invention and scientific progress and Islam has spent the last thousand years trying to rewind all that to keep the power in the hands of the clergy.

What we need is some brave scholar to nail a letter to the door of The Great Mosque...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2