Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Whats to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:23 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
The best thing you could do is to ignore it and hope China don't wipe out the West on this attempt and don't launch another one to finish the job off. I would avoid topics about it on Internet forums too, if you don't want to debate the topic.

We can all just pretend it's one hugely convenient accident which will put China in pole position as a global super power. Thumbs Up

China depends on exporting goods to other countries, it is a manufacturing superpower.

What advantages is it there to release a virus in your own country, fuck up your manufacturing industry, and wait till it fucks up your customers ability to purchase?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
- wrote:
The best thing you could do is to ignore it and hope China don't wipe out the West on this attempt and don't launch another one to finish the job off. I would avoid topics about it on Internet forums too, if you don't want to debate the topic.

We can all just pretend it's one hugely convenient accident which will put China in pole position as a global super power. Thumbs Up

China depends on exporting goods to other countries, it is a manufacturing superpower.

What advantages is it there to release a virus in your own country, fuck up your manufacturing industry, and wait till it fucks up your customers ability to purchase?

*tin foil hat on*

Imagine you are a manufacturing superpower making huge amounts of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, machines, protective gear etc., in quantities that make the world actually depended on what you make. You also make crap loads of other stuff.

Now, you start a global pandemic, not telling anyone, taking in measures and other regulation to maintain the situation in your own country manageable. The first moment any other country even notices something's not quite right, you are already several months in, pretty much finishing the process of eradication of the said pandemic in your country. A few weeks pass by and all those western world countries start to do something, and the best thing seems to be closing down the borders and factories, places of business in general. Those western world countries still need medical equipment, pharmaceuticals etc., and they need more of it than usual. The big western world businesses manufacture stuff in your country, but that does not solve the main issue here; the people and their jobs, the taxes...

Those western world countries will still need stuff, so you as a manufacturer superpower may now do a few things. 1) play nice, gain political points; 2) be a capitalist; 3) make those naughty countries to drop tariffs and other unfavourable regulation... and so on. *Did you know? Chinese can actually make comparable quality steel and ship it to Europe for less money than what we pay for scrap metal here.

A side effect of all this is also the businesses in those western world countries losing money and value, so many of them will either go under or get bought by wealthy people that run that manufacturing superpower of yours. To prevent that and the economic crisis these countries will give everyone (local businesses) money and then burn even more money to build hunger walls (a job, that's only purpose is to give people a job), the money that they don't probably have = printing more, inflation, falling behind in the rat race.

https://abload.de/img/05543_ekutzr8y5kvz.gif

*tin foil hat off*

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 20:33 - 31 Mar 2020; edited 3 times in total

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:

There’s a lot of guesswork in that video. I got 30 seconds in and gave up. How do they know someone yet unknown, ate a live bat in November and that’s how it started?

That’s just the Chinese Communist governments version of events. If you believe them, good for you. I think i’ll Pass.

You see?

You're doing with CV19 what you do with every thread.

Sometimes one actually can take statement as given. The nitty gritty is not really relevant to the gist of the story in general.

We are allowed to accept certain things as factual or probable.

Christ help any of us if we have to go all the way back to the stone age to dig up facts to be able to corroborate statements made today.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems they're doing the opposite. They're having to shore up their own economy thanks to Coronavirus.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/02/investing/china-markets-coronavirus/index.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:43 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard there is a very real possibility the virus & patient ZERO originated in Iran ???
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
Why does it not touch children and infants,

China's mad scientists must have a soft side.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
Why does it not touch children and infants?

You would be surprised how many illneses an infant/child can have, while having no symptoms, nor any associated complications. For instance, Hepatitis A. Your child could have it, while showing no apparent symptoms whatsoever. Adults however do show symptoms and that is how they find out, that your child has Hepatitis A, when the lady that runs the nursery gets ill.

Also, many symptoms of Covid-19 infection are the same to the plain cold and influenza virus symptoms; kids are always having running noses, cough and sore throats this time of the year.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on the news last night that the US market has done badly this first quarter and will suffer badly in Q2. However a big recovery is forecast in Q3.

However, it was pointed out that China's economy has also suffered, although not as badly as the US.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:25 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
China is cash rich. They look to be coming out of this a lot faster than the West and have had remarkably low fatality rates, which are already 40 times lower than Italy, if you believe the figures.

Whilst the West is in the shit, our stock markets are plummeting. Guess which cash rich country is buying up all our cut price stocks?

When we come out of this, they’ll own half of the West so we’ll have no choice but to buy from them. There is no doubt that this convenient accidental bio war will severely raise their power on the world stage. They may even come out if this ahead of the US as the new world order takes shape.

China is not cash rich, it is very rich as owners of America and other countries bonds (debt), but that is not the same as cash rich, and by far not out of the woods yet, not any other country by the way, China fatalities are 4 times lower than Italy not 40. And much controversy is being had over the way figures are reported by everybody.

No doubt China, like the City, New York traders et all are speculating in the stock market right now, but in the west at least, you cannot buy an outright majority stake in any company.

Basically if you already own or are going to buy over a certain % of shares (that % is way lower that the figure of a controlling interest of 51%) in a company, you have to go public in order for that company to be able to take defensive measures, be it issuing more shares, buying them, share swaps etc. In order to gain a controlling interest, even in an hostile takeover, it has to be approved by several agencies, antitrust committees, financial authorities and the government.

But as I said, Coronavirus fucks the economy, we are going into a recession, because loss of jobs, business closures, lack of wages growth, and all that money that the Government is spending (lending), has to be recoup. Austerity 2.0 is coming home.

So China will be selling a lot less than before.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when he said 40 times lower, he was meaning /per head of population.

Hence 4 times lower fatalities but with 10 times greater population.

I think China has more than 10 times the population of Italy.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've noticed that times of postings on here have not been updated to BST.

Is that something to do with China?

Scoff if you like, but I learnt last night that despite its immense size, China has only one time zone.

Something fishy going on !

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
many symptoms of Covid-19 infection are the same to the plain cold and influenza virus symptoms

In the old days, of course, Spanish 'flu killed mostly young people, under 5 years old, and between 15 and 44 years old (90% of deaths).

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:54 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy 61 million (rounded up), China 1.4 billion (rounded up), over 22 times. I think the 0 was a misclick there, as 4 times is the correct figure.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:37 - 02 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
many symptoms of Covid-19 infection are the same to the plain cold and influenza virus symptoms

In the old days, of course, Spanish 'flu killed mostly young people, under 5 years old, and between 15 and 44 years old (90% of deaths).

Robust immune system of younger people was indicated as the issue. It would over react to the new virus.

Like a histamine reaction/anaphylaxis type reaction.
The body shuts down eventually due to breakdown.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:11 - 02 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It seems they're doing the opposite. They're having to shore up their own economy thanks to Coronavirus.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/02/investing/china-markets-coronavirus/index.html

Look, you may as well give up, the mighty donk sees himself as Flash Gordon, and, Xi Jinping as Ming The Merciless..

Altogether now ...

https://media.giphy.com/media/14u5g1LxschiOA/giphy.gif

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 02 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this is all over I'm going to look into seeing if there is someone I can sue. Possibly China.

Maybe Ankinlaw can help.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:17 - 02 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
When this is all over I'm going to look into seeing if there is someone I can sue. Possibly China.

Maybe Ankinlaw can help.

https://vocaroo.com/cWuVZ6TXlnI

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 02 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this is all over I'm going to self isolate again and go fishing, for a month! Mr. Green

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 03 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
When this is all over I'm going to self isolate again and go fishing, for a month! Mr. Green

To be fair Sid, this is the time to mass produce your guitars.

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:09 - 03 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the lockdown actually still in effect? Doesn't seem to be here today, my road seems just as busy as usual with cars packed with whole families. I fail to believe these are all on necessary journeys. I suspect people are getting pissed off with lockdown and saying fuck it we are off out. Trouble is when the government sees the uptrend in traffic they will just extend the lockdown period so make it worse for everyone. Brick Wall
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6