Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

huoniao hn125-8 throttle

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

BrandonFawcet...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:00 - 05 Apr 2020    Post subject: huoniao hn125-8 throttle Reply with quote

Hi guys. My name is Brandon and I have the above motorbike but my throttle doesn't seem to work the bike starts up nicely but I get no revs. the throttle wire is connected, the pin is in the correct place and still no revs. Can you please help?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 05 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: huoniao hn125-8 throttle Reply with quote

BrandonFawcett wrote:
Hi guys. My name is Brandon and I have the above motorbike but my throttle doesn't seem to work the bike starts up nicely but I get no revs. the throttle wire is connected, the pin is in the correct place and still no revs. Can you please help?

Have you checked by looking into the carburetor's intake that the slide does actually lift when you open the throttle (and also, have you had the slide out of the carb)?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 05 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, easy check: take the airbox and associated bits and peek into the intake to check the slide (don't need the engine on for this.) Turn the throttle and check the slide raises. Might be a bit awkward so if you have a friend to work the throttle that would help Smile

BrandonFawcet...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:35 - 05 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Yeah, easy check: take the airbox and associated bits and peek into the intake to check the slide (don't need the engine on for this.) Turn the throttle and check the slide raises. Might be a bit awkward so if you have a friend to work the throttle that would help Smile

Thank you so much will have a look tomorrow

BrandonFawcet...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:38 - 05 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: huoniao hn125-8 throttle Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
BrandonFawcett wrote:

Have you checked by looking into the carburetor's intake that the slide does actually lift when you open the throttle (and also, have you had the slide out of the carb)?

Yes i have had the slide out of the carb to check if it needed to be cleaned but i placed everything back the way it was as i used a photograph that i took

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 05 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: huoniao hn125-8 throttle Reply with quote

BrandonFawcett wrote:
Yes i have had the slide out of the carb to check if it needed to be cleaned but i placed everything back the way it was as i used a photograph that i took

OK. Just wondered....

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 10:35 - 06 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was 'broke' when you started, and you put it back together the same way... still broke.

Lets change terminology.. did you put it back together 'correctly'? As in how its shown ion the work-shop manual? Hmmm...

IME if the throttle doesn't work, there's two or three ecplanations. Most common is that the throttle cable has been remnoved at the carb end and the vable HASN'T been put back on the slide 'correctly'. There';s usually two slots in the slide for the nippled cable' one that the nipple will co through to hang it, other it wont that it will lift the slide, and the cable has to be twisted or shunted side-ways for the nipple to engage. Or theres a plate for the cable that works the same way, under the slide's return sping, and the arrangement is botched so eiother the plate dont grip[ the vable or the spring misses its seat so dont push the slide down or such. Ie the carb isn;t put back together 'correctly'.. see the book.

Other one, and quite likely on a low powered Chinky 125, is that the throttle cable breaks at the twist grip end where the throttle is wamped to the stop the whole time trying to find that last n'th of possible powah. On Chink 125's poor plastic moulding in the grip tube and or grip body means that the cable doesn't need actually snap; the it may just be a bit bent, or the plastic bends... Go strip and check, and compare to the proper work-shop manual.

(I now have nasty images of a naked lad daning around a lexmoto, shouting "No, its still the same!! you know like the Ronnie Cporbet joke of chap in the shoe shop being told top try the shoes again with the tong out!!! Or maybe that's just my deranged imagination....)

But check both ends and dont rely on what it may have looked like, probably when it already didn't work; GET THE BOOK!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BrandonFawcet...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:57 - 06 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
So it was 'broke' when you started, and you put it back together the same way... still broke.

Lets change terminology.. did you put it back together 'correctly'? As in how its shown ion the work-shop manual? Hmmm...

IME if the throttle doesn't work, there's two or three ecplanations. Most common is that the throttle cable has been remnoved at the carb end and the vable HASN'T been put back on the slide 'correctly'. There';s usually two slots in the slide for the nippled cable' one that the nipple will co through to hang it, other it wont that it will lift the slide, and the cable has to be twisted or shunted side-ways for the nipple to engage. Or theres a plate for the cable that works the same way, under the slide's return sping, and the arrangement is botched so eiother the plate dont grip[ the vable or the spring misses its seat so dont push the slide down or such. Ie the carb isn;t put back together 'correctly'.. see the book.

Other one, and quite likely on a low powered Chinky 125, is that the throttle cable breaks at the twist grip end where the throttle is wamped to the stop the whole time trying to find that last n'th of possible powah. On Chink 125's poor plastic moulding in the grip tube and or grip body means that the cable doesn't need actually snap; the it may just be a bit bent, or the plastic bends... Go strip and check, and compare to the proper work-shop manual.

(I now have nasty images of a naked lad daning around a lexmoto, shouting "No, its still the same!! you know like the Ronnie Cporbet joke of chap in the shoe shop being told top try the shoes again with the tong out!!! Or maybe that's just my deranged imagination....)

But check both ends and dont rely on what it may have looked like, probably when it already didn't work; GET THE BOOK!

It wasn't broken when I took it apart as it was revving but I checked to see if it needed a clean as I didn't want anything to go wrong with it so when I took it apart I took photos of how it needed to go back together and now I don't get any revs

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 06 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked that the slide does in fact move up and down when you twist the throttle? That's the thing. If you aren't in a position to see into it, you could poke your finger in & give it a feel as you work the throttle back and forth.

andy46
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:52 - 06 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not you took a photo (which is a very good idea) and believe you put everything back as you found it, the fact that it was working before you started and now isn't is strong evidence to suggest that you didn't in fact get it all back as it was.
As has already been said you need to find out if the slider is actually moving with the cable. They are quite awkward to put back properly if you removed the slider from the cable.
I would guess that this bike is fitted with a PZ26 carb, they're a common standard fit on this type of bike - the main jet needle valve is clipped inside the slider on these and can easily be dislodged when taking the slider out, without noticing you've done so. (that will stop it revving even if the slider is moving). It is possible to put the slider in the wrong way round (turned by 180 deg) but if it is, it will jam and feel jammed when you try to turn the throttle.
Look for markings on the carb to find out exactly what is fitted, PZ or other, then you can google for an exploded diagram to see exactly what goes where.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 20:34 - 06 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrandonFawcett wrote:
It wasn't broken when I took it apart as it was revving but I checked to see if it needed a clean as I didn't want anything to go wrong with it so when I took it apart I took photos of how it needed to go back together and now I don't get any revs

Oh-Kay.. so it WASN'T broke... so you took it to bits..... and now it is!
Hmmmm.....
But completely missing the point:-
RTFM - READ THE EFFING MANUAL!
If you no got manual... go get!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 07 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unscrew the carb top, remove slide
and work the throttle
the slide should move back and forth against the spring with the throttle

if it doesn't, check the cable and twist grip
if it does, check needle and cable nipple is correctly assembled and you put the slide back in the correct orientation.
refit and look down the back

Remove the carb to check its function if that's easier.
Taking pics, good for building a dossier on any bike
if asking advice, sharing pics even better.

Oh and discussing mechy/techy stuff is best done in the 'Workshop' section

priezti
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:07 - 12 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have already said, check to see if your carb slide is actually moving, if I twist my throttle fully and let go I can hear the slide hitting in the carb.

if you have your standard air box on it might be a pain to actually look into the carb without taking it off. if you unscrew the top of the carb you'll be able to pull the slide out and when you move the throttle you'll be able to see the cable trying to pull the slide upwards. When you put it back in make sure it goes in the right way round, if its really awkward then just take the seat and tank off for more access.

if it doesn't move then the cable has either snapped or its come off the throttle tube, have you had your right hand switch gear apart recently?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1