Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Fecking keys

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

White Noise
Mr Dudwee



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:28 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Fecking keys Reply with quote

Can't believe how stupid i can be!
Got to work today put the disk lock on all sorted, just a minute ago went down to check my oil level, look around the office for my ignition key, can't find it! Evil or Very Mad
WTF have i done with it? oh you tw@t go down and sure enough there it is in the ignition! Thankfully our office carpark is off the road and i put the disk lock on!
Anyone else done something more stupid?
WN
____________________
Buy my wife: 96' Yam XJ600s (Diversion)
Wing Commander White Noise - SE Clique
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping you would say you lost them, i've always wanted to say "it'll be in the last place you look". Sad
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty times. This is why I now have a rather convaluted keyring thing going on... means I might leave the key in it but won't leave the alarm bipper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:36 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started riding I often left my key in the ignition. Luckily it was in a garage with an alarm and immobiliser. But still, I soon got out of the habit. I was used to cars where you have to pull the key out of the ignition to lock the doors Doh!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:40 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost count of the number of times that I've done that.

Just before I sold the busa, I left it out on the road overnight with the key in the ignition and the ignition turned on & no physical lock either! Fortunately it was still there in the morning, tried to start it and didn't get much from the battery though just a click.

Thought I'd done some damage by leaving the igntion on all night, but just bumped it and it was ok.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I ever took my first bike anywhere I left it outside a newsagents while I went to get a bottle of coke (needed to cool down after the 55mph adrenaline rush I'd just had). When I got outside I realised I'd left the keys in it Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kram
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i left my keys in my ignition over night, while my bike was on the drive Shocked
____________________
FS1E -> SR125 -> CB400N -> CB650 -> FZR600 Genises -> VFR400 NC21 -> CBR900RR Fireblade -> Renault Clio 1.4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wantser
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave the keys in the ignition all the friggin time! I cover the bike over when its outside work tho. So you cant see they are there.

Other stupid stuff I have done is try to ride off with the disk lock on. Take it from me you cant. Luckily at very low speed as only travelled a matter of inches. Duhhh Doh! Brick Wall Embarassed
____________________
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sychosis
Crazy Courier



Joined: 21 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the wheel on my rs, and left it over the road on the grass, well ended up talking to this guy whilst I was putting my gloves under the seat, left the key in the seat lock.
____________________
Bikes owned: Aprilia RS 125 GP1 2003 (Now sold), Suzuki GSX-r600 1997 (streetfightered), https://www.bikepics.com/members/sychosis/
psy?cho?sis (si-ko-sis),n. pl. psy?cho?ses (-sez) ,A severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to my stupidity i got on the bike at home and went to move it from the pavement to the road to start it, sat on it i push it forward, it moves a little the stops. i think the worse have the brakes seized shut? no as the bike moves a little? takes me 30 sec or so to realise that i left it parked in gear! Doh! Rolling Eyes
its amazing what you can forget in 2 days without riding! Wink
WN
____________________
Buy my wife: 96' Yam XJ600s (Diversion)
Wing Commander White Noise - SE Clique
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it ALL the time Shocked

Was parked at the entrance to a woodland walk type-thing for about an hour and a half with the keys in it... Middle of nowhere, but loads of people about.

I remember to take them out now, I've got a fat keyring on them that's very visible... if I am about to forget them I notice that and pull them out.

My worst fear is locking the keys under the seat... that would be difficult to sort out, especially if my phone was under there. Having said that though, my dad works up in the local garage, and is forever having to sort out ped bois who manage to close their seat with the keys in it.. Apparently the seats are very easy to undo..

Jon
____________________
::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi::
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:58 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did lock my keys underneath the seat once. Luckily Phoenix was there and I had a feeling the key for his blade would unlock the seat. It did Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:18 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I left TS125 in the centre of Cheltenham (not a good idea) for about 30 mins.
Came back and it was there. You can’t help but feel like a Rodney.

Another embarrassing moment was a very rare occasion I was slightly stoned, went to the garage down the road from my mates house to get some munchies, paid the woman behind the glass (it was late) I had all the gear on ready to make a quick get away. For some reason at 11:30pm there were around 5-6 people waiting in the cue, all watching me.
Paranoid enough anyway I struggled with the keys tried to get on and the thing fell on top of me.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I struggled with the keys tried to get on and the thing fell on top of me.


Thats why you don't ride whilst under the influence! bad things happen! Rolling Eyes Wink
WN
____________________
Buy my wife: 96' Yam XJ600s (Diversion)
Wing Commander White Noise - SE Clique
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Akiraprise
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few times, not overnight nor in anywhere public though, however the moment i leave the keys in my bike it allways gets started by a mate, lol, so i remember not to leave the keys in it Razz.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:12 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've left mine in my bike, on a friday night outside work (Tesco) which turns into Chavville after 9pm TWICE.

Didn't nick it though, shame.. Wink

(It was disk locked, but the key to the disk lock was on the keys)

Now I've got an alarm for the XJ, I keep the blipper seperate.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've left the keys in the ignition overnight near to the city centre of Cardiff. I was staying at a friend's house and put the bike in her front garden, which was about a metre wide with no gate. When I went to leave the next day I was hunting around for my keys for a while, then realised where they were. Confused Needless to say I don't do that any more, I'm a tad more careful with my keys nowadays. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bike: VTR1000F Firestorm. Previous: Firestorm (written off) - XJ600 Divvy - NSR125 - DT125 and a load of offroaders.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always turn my bikes off by turning the ignition key. Turn key, remove key. Never leave it in the ignition that way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually good at remembering things like keys, but as I was going into town a while back, I parked the bike up and noticed a load of teenage scum eyeing the bike up. I got so distracted by those kids that I forgot to even take my keys out! Needless to say, I returned to the bike as soon as I realised the keys werent in my pocket. Thankfully that was only about 2 minutes later. Doh!
____________________
Aprilia RSV Mille R Edwards Replica - Aprilia RS250 - Suzuki GSXR600 Supersport Race Bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Vespa
Traffic Copper



Joined: 12 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

.

Last edited by Vespa on 23:41 - 31 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it a couple of times at work last summer when it was nice weather. Nowhere to sit down outside while having a fag and reading my book and to stop my alarm going off I turned on the ignition and sat on the bike. Then went back in afterwards leaving the ignition on. Never do it at home because the keys to the bike are on the same key ring as the house keys.

R
____________________
Current Bikes: 2010 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Previous Bikes: 2002 Sachs XTC, 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 GSX-R 600 K4, 2006 Yamaha XT660X
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it the first time I ever took the bike out, and sometimes I would leave the key in it in the garage.
____________________
Northern Irish? www.nibikers.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

plugger147
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought he was going to blame one of us for a second Very Happy
____________________
Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

plugger147
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Yeah, I left TS125 in the centre of Cheltenham (not a good idea) for about 30 mins.
Came back and it was there. You can’t help but feel like a Rodney.

Another embarrassing moment was a very rare occasion I was slightly stoned, went to the garage down the road from my mates house to get some munchies, paid the woman behind the glass (it was late) I had all the gear on ready to make a quick get away. For some reason at 11:30pm there were around 5-6 people waiting in the cue, all watching me.
Paranoid enough anyway I struggled with the keys tried to get on and the thing fell on top of me.


Is the moral of this tale it's sometimes good to leave them in!! Laughing
____________________
Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Born2bVile
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely the same, but key-related........

I used to commute into City Centre Manchester every day and get changed into a suit when I got there, leaving my lid, Jacket, Jeans & boots in the cloakroom.

Anyway, one day some sneak thief tiptoes in and steals my jacket. With the bike keys in the pocket Mad

My mate had a key that fitted the ignition of the bike, so I rang him. Unfortunately, he didn't have a key for the padlock, so I told him to bring a hacksaw.

So we sat in the middle of a very public bike park, (at 5pm, when everybody was coming out of work) sawing away at a padlock.

Did anyone call the police? (bear in mind, we were two of the scruffiest bikers around)

Did anybody even look at us or speak to us?

Did they feck!

Cheers,

Byrnie.
____________________
NABD Treasurer
National Association for Bikers with a Disability
Reg Charity No. 1040907
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 137.2 Kb