Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tabs left open

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Tabs left open Reply with quote

Is it just me or do you have tabs left open for things you keep meaning to watch or read up on?

Currently I've had "The History of Suzuki" "Making Transparent Wood" "What Happens When Maths Goes Wrong" for about 3 weeks. I'll get to them eventually Smile

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me.

But you should see my mum's (87) iPad browser... she doesn't get the whole concept of closing down tabs, and every time I go to see her one of my regular tasks is to close them all down. If its been a while there can be dozens and dozens of them so that the row of tab labels along the top can be just a blurry grey bar. She's always amazed how much better her iPad runs after I've visited and "worked my magic". God only knows what it must be like at the moment, during lockdown Rolling Eyes

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrrrrm Guilty as charged. Embarassed

I have two SRWare Iron windows open. One has 36 tabs, the other has 22.

I have a busy brain. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Laughing

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have plenty open until I shut the pc down.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tabs = clutter.

If I have more than 10, I go on a killing spree and leave only the one or two that are still fresh in my mind.

I often dump stuff into the bookmarks bar though... stuff which I'll usually never look at again.

I think the strangest bookmark I've got, which I've had stashed for years, is Zeitgeist Addendum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewGMBOB4Gg#t=3271 - ten years ago! From the days when "The 1%" was a cool new phrase.

Other notable mentions:
NANA ocean/wind current records (with map): https://oceanmotion.org/html/resources/winds.htm
The veil of ignorance: https://mrmrs.io/writing/2016/03/23/the-veil-of-ignorance/
Symphony of Science: https://www.symphonyofscience.com/
Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music: https://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/ (needs flash, but is worth it!)

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:45 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: Tabs left open Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Is it just me or do you have tabs left open for things you keep meaning to watch or read up on?

Currently I've had "The History of Suzuki" "Making Transparent Wood" "What Happens When Maths Goes Wrong" for about 3 weeks. I'll get to them eventually Smile

Nilered is a great channel.

Check out a channel called "Applied Science" as well for some more tabs to leave open.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Tabs left open Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Check out a channel called "Applied Science" as well for some more tabs to leave open.

Oh yeah, that's my kind of sh*t Thumbs Up

The exact opposite (on YouTube) are channels I devour the instant they have a new vid which would be:

Grind Hard Plumbing Company
Bad Obsession (Project Binky)
Dashcams Australia

Smile

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:52 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do this on occasion, usually for things I want to research before buying. However, isn't this what the reading list function is for?

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:29 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I have tabs open for weeks/months. Eventually I give in and the page gets bookmarked. Then they stay in bookmarks for years, until the article/site is no longer available.

Really must be more organised.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Aye, I have tabs open for weeks/months. Eventually I give in and the page gets bookmarked. Then they stay in bookmarks for years, until the article/site is no longer available.

Really must be more organised.

Consider using more tabs and bookmarks

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:23 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PC has been on for 69 days, 17 hours and It has 3 monitors, with 3 sub desktops with probably 20 tabs on each. It is using 18GB RAM just in Chrome Neutral its all live monitoring though so... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
My PC has been on for 69 days, 17 hours and It has 3 monitors, with 3 sub desktops with probably 20 tabs on each. It is using 18GB RAM just in Chrome Neutral its all live monitoring though so... Laughing

That's a lot of leccy used

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bookmark it and leave it on the toolbar for later.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:28 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

That's a lot of leccy used

Work machine, my personal one is only on for like 6 hours at a time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1