Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control seems to be my go to game at the moment, really well done story what I've played so far, and my god it's beautiful with RTX on.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wreckfest, just for fun... and it is fun Smile

Cheap here:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/wreckfest

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim continues to astound me. I spent a few days modding it up, breathtaking:

https://i.imgur.com/81DPJ0d.png?1

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
Wreckfest, just for fun... and it is fun Smile

Cheap here:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/wreckfest

Granddaughter loves the lawnmower derby Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ion Fury (GOG), what a blast from the past! It's a Duke Nukem 3d clone using the same 3D Realms Build engine. The game even has true software mode, but my CPU isn't just fast enough for that (720p @ 60Hz is way too blury on a 4K panel). The openGL looks and runs significantly better anyway (4K@60Hz looks great). But, the software mode is there in case you are after the retro feel.

9/10, if you like ''classic 2.5D shooters''.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Skyrim continues to astound me. I spent a few days modding it up, breathtaking:

https://i.imgur.com/81DPJ0d.png?1

I'm *playing Red Redemption 2 and it's possibly the most visually appealing game I've played with Skyrim coming a close second.

*Had it a couple of weeks...still on chapter 2.
Great character in it who keeps calling out 'Gavin!....Gav!...has anyone seen Gavin?' Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:40 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Borderlands 2 which is free on Epic games today. Started playing it, don't really care for it. I suspect because I'm not 12 years old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Got Borderlands 2 which is free on Epic games today. Started playing it, don't really care for it. I suspect because I'm not 12 years old.

Totally agree, we must be in a minority but I found the first two Borderlands games absolute shite, not even going to bother with the 3rd instalment.

Currently playing Doom Eternal, having beaten the 2016 one the other week. I finally understand what all the fuss is about with high refresh rate monitors, playing that locked at 144fps is absolutely glorious.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Totally agree, we must be in a minority but I found the first two Borderlands games absolute shite, not even going to bother with the 3rd instalment.

I never quite understood all the hype around Borderlands 3, having played the first and second and never could finish either. They get very repetitive and it seems like you only ever fight one type of enemy. The only thing that kept me interested was the variety of guns.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:44 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borderlands is one of those games, if you like looter shooters, its good.

If you don't, then you won't.

Like RPGs, I like specific ones, J-RPGs, adventure rpg and shit like Witcher suck anal leakage to me, but J-RPGs. Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:50 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Err... Shooters are completely my jam. I love Doom 2016 (all the Doom games in fact) The Quake series, Titanfall 2, the Portal games, the Half Life games, the Rainbow 6 games, Dark Forces series, Call of Juarez, the Deus Ex series, Soldier of Fortune series, Swat 3 and 4, Red Faction series, TimeSplitters 1 and 2, GoldenEye, Gunman Chronicles, Far Cry games, Operation IGI, No One Lives Forever - so many.

Borderlands just seemed like kiddie nonsense to me. Maybe it's the 'looter' aspect of it. The deaths seemed basically consequence free, the monsters annoying, the cover sparse, the weapons humdrum and the NPC's enormous caricatures. It's like they took an adult shooter, and took all the good stuff out, and then rebuilt it so a 5 year old could play it. Yawn, I'm glad it was free and I'm probably going to end up uninstalling it to free up space.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minecraft Dungeons.
It's on Game Pass.
It's not bad, but a little simplified maybe, but then it's not aimed at 50 year olds. Smile

It's similar in a way to Children of Morta, but easier.
Have to play it on easy to unlock the harder settings.

I've only played it co op.

As for Borderlands, a couple of months ago me and my OH played through the pre sequel. An easy way to spend time together shooting people in a legal way Smile
Have never played any of the Borderlands games solo. Maybe having a partner in crime helps with the gameplay?

We also have Borderlands 3 bought, but waiting for all the year 1 DLC to be released before playing it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:04 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Err... Shooters are completely my jam.

This is not a shooter. It is a looter shooter.

MANY things are different, it has spastic gun play, there is no recoil stats, there is no control, its wacky for wacky sake and its a loot machine.

Destiny 2 has the most outstanding gunplay of all time, but is also semi looter as guns roll differently per drop and you are forever chasing a good one.

Its fun if you like builds and stacking buffs and stuff like MMORPG but also don't have great aim and just want to fire guns that are crazy. I have a gun that shoots other guns for example... so you can pick up random other guns and fuck around.

Actual shooters, they are my thing, but I fucking hate Half Life and things around that as its RNG bullets annoy me. Laughing I play at a decent competitive level and I want to hit my shots, not pray that my hip fired shots will hit within the reticle etc.

hedgehugger wrote:
Maybe having a partner in crime helps with the gameplay?

As with most looter shooters, yes. Its like anything with MMORPG aspects needs multiple players

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:24 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
MarJay wrote:

This is not a shooter. It is a looter shooter.

MANY things are different, it has spastic gun play, there is no recoil stats, there is no control, its wacky for wacky sake and its a loot machine.

Destiny 2 has the most outstanding gunplay of all time, but is also semi looter as guns roll differently per drop and you are forever chasing a good one.

Its fun if you like builds and stacking buffs and stuff like MMORPG but also don't have great aim and just want to fire guns that are crazy. I have a gun that shoots other guns for example... so you can pick up random other guns and fuck around.

Actual shooters, they are my thing, but I fucking hate Half Life and things around that as its RNG bullets annoy me. Laughing I play at a decent competitive level and I want to hit my shots, not pray that my hip fired shots will hit within the reticle etc.

hedgehugger wrote:
Maybe having a partner in crime helps with the gameplay?

As with most looter shooters, yes. Its like anything with MMORPG aspects needs multiple players

Dunno, I don't like it, but then again I don't really play Multiplayer, so *shrug* maybe it's single player campaign is bad and the multiplayer is good?

RNG bullets as you call it are closer to actual reality, else every shot fired by a trained soldier would be a head shot.

I have to admit I never liked Call of Duty and the sort of game whose pace is ADHD relentless. I prefer something with a bit of tactics, where you think about what you're doing before you do it. This is why my favourite FPS's of all time for gameplay are the Deus Ex series, SWAT 3 and 4 and the Rainbow Six series. The sad thing is the last Deus Ex did terrifically badly from a commercial standpoint so they'll probably never make another, and that's extraordinarily sad. Also I lament the dying of the single player campaign in gaming. Half life, say what you want about it, it had an immense immersive interesting single player campaign. You're a scientist, not a soldier, so the expanding reticle thing is just a good addition.

I don't play competitively, and I don't want to. I play to have fun. If I played competitively I think it would remove the fun of it and I'd have to stop.

I think my favourite sort of game is a First Person shooter, but with puzzle elements involving lateral thinking, multiple paths and multiple ways to solve one problem with a tad of tactics and strategy thrown in. For this reason I do still like strategy games, I do still like puzzlers and I don't mind stealth games although too much is not really for me. Hence why the Deus Ex games are masterpieces in my opinion.

Last edited by MarJay on 10:12 - 03 Jun 2020; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:56 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I see your point. Borderlands is definitely more coop than solo.

Competitive is where money is made and is incredibly fun if you are good at it, when you are bad, it's soul destroying.

I just like knowing when I fire and someone is 6ft away, my handgun will pop a head. Hence why I ditched controller.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:18 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just managed to bag Mechwarrior 5 for a massively discounted price (lower than the current offer price!) and got a free key for Hitman 2 (which I assume is the remake and not the original Hitman 2?) off of a guy I know.

Will be playing those tonight and Friday night. Especially looking forward to Mechwarrior as I'm a sucker for giant robot fighting (hence my love for Titanfall 2).

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:23 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I'm a sucker for giant robot fighting (hence my love for Titanfall 2).

There was this game in Japan, it is Gundam so not real robot stuff, but this was a machine that was on the entire 2 floors of an arcade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfNW85zRw-0

If I could read japanese to understand how to play, I would have.

They also had this which was cool as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4mkcuhJk8

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 04 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin the clock back 20 years and it's predecessor Virtual On was all the rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=M_82ovMh3fA&feature=emb_logo

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:22 - 04 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played MW5. I wasn't sure at first, because the armour and air units seemed to be pretty tough, and the weapons on the mechs seem comparatively weak, and I was having difficulty with the first few missions.

I discovered that it's much more tactical than previous games, and the Mechs aren't as hardcore, but actually it's a lot of fun. Situational awareness is much more important and positioning your mech in cover and terrain is much more important than just choosing the right guns to blast at the enemy.

I'm not quite having as much fun as I did with MW4, but it's pretty good and I think it has potential to get a LOT better as the game progresses.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 04 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
So I played MW5.

I bought this day of release, and thought I was playing the campaign when in fact all I was doing was hopping from system to system doing missions. I was about 40 hours in and thought to myself 'this is a bloody long game'. When I realised my mistake and started following the mission protocol, the AI had ramped the difficulty up to near impossible. You can't lower the difficulty settings and the AI goes off your mech strength, hours played etc.

I just got frustrated and fucking deleted it.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny 2 - the free to play version on steam.

I've never really gotten into the whole MMO thing, I gave world of warcraft a go and didn't really get on with it.

After giving Destiny 2 a go, 8 hours suddenly disappeared, with the help of a friend while on discord.

I'm still getting used to how the whole MMO thing works, there's a lot to take in, but the public events are pretty brutal and great fun with a few mates, running around causing total carnage.

It's very likely I'm gonna buy the upgrade edition.

ಠ_ಠ

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:24 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
MarJay wrote:
So I played MW5.

I bought this day of release, and thought I was playing the campaign when in fact all I was doing was hopping from system to system doing missions. I was about 40 hours in and thought to myself 'this is a bloody long game'. When I realised my mistake and started following the mission protocol, the AI had ramped the difficulty up to near impossible. You can't lower the difficulty settings and the AI goes off your mech strength, hours played etc.

I just got frustrated and fucking deleted it.

So I played it a bit more and ran sort of into the issue you mentioned. I didn't realise the difficulty of the missions is something that is absolute, and I took a mission that was basically impossible. Also because of the curve, I ended up with 3 mechs, and after the mission loss with heavy damage had to sell one of my mechs to fund repairs to the other two. After that, every mission that I tried was impossible with only two 'mechs. So the campaign AI is basically completely unforgiving. In the end I started a new campaign from scratch and I'm hoping to avoid the issues I ran into by paying closer attention to mission difficulty. It's a shame as the game itself is great fun, but the strategy in the campaign ought to either be explained more thoroughly or made a bit fairer.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this: https://youtu.be/TjZQZgeSMx8 Razz

Command & Conquer is back!

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love an RTS and C&C is one of my favourites, along with Red Alert.

Next time I want to play, I'll get the remastered version Smile

I played through both a couple of years ago, along with Starcraft and Warcraft. I get these RTS binges that can only be sated with those.

Currently attempting to play Civ 6. Have restarted several times, learning a bit each time, but can't seem to work out what the actual point of the game is.

Also still playing Minecraft Dungeons with my OH. It can be brutal at times on the higher levels.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 37 of 64