Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 07 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Daily Fail link BUT

"Loved one murdered in cold blood while jogging by gun toting Trump supporting White supremacists"

'Can’t even go for a damn jog man!' Like WTF man are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? No man fr ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8294895/LeBron-James-demand-justice-Georgia-shooting-unarmed-black-jogger-two-white-men.html

Bit hard going but I didn't see any evidence in that article that they were white supremacists or is that just an assumption as they're white? Same goes for "Trump supporting" - not that I see the relevance.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 07 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, there's a lot of assumptions being made there.

It would be best to wait until the investigation is complete. Apparently the victim was not whiter than white. We don't know if he was out jogging or running from something else. The shooters were described as 'vigilantes' which suggests the latter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So cold, hard facts for some that may be unfamiliar with Georgia...

Open carry policy, i.e. you are entitled to show weapons on the street.

Citizens are allowed to make citizens' arrests.

"No back down" meaning you are not expected to flee or surrender to threats of violence.

Attempting to wrest a gun from its owner allows said owner to respond with deadly force.

Hardly worth mentioning that neither of the "good old boys" have any previous criminal convictions whereas the "victim" did.

But of course, MSM would burn journalists at the stake if they actually did any... I dunno... investigation instead of repeating the dogma of the twatterati Sad

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:05 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

"No back down" meaning you are not expected to flee or surrender to threats of violence.

Attempting to wrest a gun from its owner allows said owner to respond with deadly force.

Hardly worth mentioning that neither of the "good old boys" have any previous criminal convictions whereas the "victim" did.

But of course, MSM would burn journalists at the stake if they actually did any... I dunno... investigation instead of repeating the dogma of the twatterati Sad

Those laws make no sense at all. They can theoretically make it impossible to commit murder. According to the above; If someone tries to attack you at gun point and you are unarmed you can stand your ground and not run away but if you try and fight back and take the gun from the person attacking you they are allowed to shoot you. Confused

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admitted I probably could have phrased that a little better. That being said, it's 'murica so it's not meant to make sense!

Anyhoo, the BBC have done their duty and elevated conjecture to cold, hard fact.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52623292

Quote:
Mr Arbery was out for a jog in the city of Brunswick early in the afternoon on 23 February - something his father said he did often.

Okay, so I'm not a legal brain but that sounds like hearsay and not prima facie evidence.

"It's a racist attack..." no evidence presented.

"They're white supremacists..." no evidence presented.

Surely if you're out in your pickup truck hunting black people you just shoot 'em and bury the body in the desert? If your intention is primarily harm then why get into a tussle?

Oh well, I suppose it's payback from all the lynchings from the slave days. Now black people can have their revenge and lynch random white people using Twitter and race baiting journalists instead of rope and a tree.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Those laws make no sense at all. They can theoretically make it impossible to commit murder. According to the above; If someone tries to attack you at gun point and you are unarmed you can stand your ground and not run away but if you try and fight back and take the gun from the person attacking you they are allowed to shoot you. Confused

That's not how it works. Using a gun in a crime doesn't entitle you to any of those rights. Also people with serious criminal convictions are banned from owning guns in the US so in many robbery cases the offender isn't legally carrying anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory McMichael and his son Travis, who are white, are facing murder and assault charges over the shooting.

Of course that bit has to be pointed out, although it's pretty clear from the mugshots.

Never pointed out when it's white on white or black on black.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's stepped up, rioting all over the US and protests over the world.

Big news article on it tonight leading to the CoronaVirus is racist article.

I'd be interested to know the other stats though, not just white on black:

White on White
Black on White,
Black on Black

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:09 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real risk is that the troops being deployed end up in a position where they have to start shooting, and that this leads to the protesters responding with their own shooting. I think the technical term for that is the civil war.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's really much to do with race any more. That police killing thing was just the catalyst for something much bigger.

It's not a race riot as there are tons of not black people out there, and it's clearly pushed to something far more extreme, given the amount of looting going on. I saw a video of downtown Philadelphia yesterday and it looks like the opening scene to a new Fallout game. Carnage, looting, fire, incivility.

Clearly something far worse has happened, and these things don't happen for no reason. It's all good and well to sit back and pontificate over how "I would never do a thing like that if I were there", because we all know that's bullshit, we're all human and humans are weak. Something far deeper has caused this. Inequality, poor education, divisive politics, and yes even racism. It's a massive cauldron that has been waiting to boil over for a very long time.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I don't think it's really much to do with race any more. That police killing thing was just the catalyst for something much bigger.

It's not a race riot as there are tons of not black people out there, and it's clearly pushed to something far more extreme, given the amount of looting going on. I saw a video of downtown Philadelphia yesterday and it looks like the opening scene to a new Fallout game. Carnage, looting, fire, incivility.

Clearly something far worse has happened, and these things don't happen for no reason. It's all good and well to sit back and pontificate over how "I would never do a thing like that if I were there", because we all know that's bullshit, we're all human and humans are weak. Something far deeper has caused this. Inequality, poor education, divisive politics, and yes even racism. It's a massive cauldron that has been waiting to boil over for a very long time.

I disagree with making excuses for the looting and beatings, especially when perpetrated by individuals that are from out of town.
Everyone knows right from wrong and is able to make that moral decision. I'm a strong believer in taking responsibility for your own actions. We've all made bad decisions in our lives, but you don't learn from them by blaming someone else.
Oh, and burning a homeless mans few possessions isn't progressing the cause, whatever that might be.
You talk of a massive cauldron that's been waiting to boil over, well it seems to me that it's actually been created up by various race baiters and the media's constant pushing of identity politics. They've pushed and pushed this agenda of white man bad.
I remember when Obama was elected, it felt like the US would finally be able to put the history of racism behind it, but then the politics of division actually intensified and apparently the US was more racist than ever, despite voting in a black president. Twice.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:34 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
The real risk is that the troops being deployed end up in a position where they have to start shooting, and that this leads to the protesters responding with their own shooting. I think the technical term for that is the civil war.

Hmm? I can’t see that happening.
The ‘troops ‘ are far to well organised and well equipped to lose any battle with the rioters.
And at the first notion that the rioters realise they are being shot at for real, most would melt away.
Only the stupid and the blind angry would continue to be active and they could/should get shot.
Rioters rely on the police/army being restrained in thier response to being attacked.
For example ‘only’ using baton rounds, tear gas, and pepper balls.

I know if someone was shooting at me with live rounds , I’d soon fugg off!
I can always complain another day, unless I’m dead from being shot Shocked

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTD wrote:

I disagree with making excuses for the looting and beatings, especially when perpetrated by individuals that are from out of town.
Everyone knows right from wrong and is able to make that moral decision. I'm a strong believer in taking responsibility for your own actions. We've all made bad decisions in our lives, but you don't learn from them by blaming someone else.
Oh, and burning a homeless mans few possessions isn't progressing the cause, whatever that might be.
You talk of a massive cauldron that's been waiting to boil over, well it seems to me that it's actually been created up by various race baiters and the media's constant pushing of identity politics. They've pushed and pushed this agenda of white man bad.
I remember when Obama was elected, it felt like the US would finally be able to put the history of racism behind it, but then the politics of division actually intensified and apparently the US was more racist than ever, despite voting in a black president. Twice.

Like I said, I don't think it's really anything to do with race now, because of everything you've just said. Plenty of white folk are out there, and I've seen the video of a homeless man having his belongings burned up. It's disgusting.

I'm not making excuses for those cunts, where I did I ever say that it was okay? I'm saying there's a long term and root cause to all this. It's not like riots happen every other day, is it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:02 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leading up to it is 'freedom of speech', 'freedom of thenpress', freedom of movement' 'freedom of information' and a few more 'freedom'.
The freedom is great and welcome but the broken interpretations 'published' by anyone on t' internet feeds the fire.

The fact world politics is basically broken, financial industries are running away with the housekeeping money and too many people can read but not make sound judgements or do not fact-check what they read, see or hear, enables non-conformist agendas to flourish.

It's a pity that reasoned individuals cannot leave this human race and let them all get on with it. 🙄

When the lootin' starts the shootin' starts.

When the shootin' starts I want the ability to shoot back. 🤣

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race-baiting media should be held accountable here in my opinion.

Every time a black person is killed they go into overdrive and use it to create bigger divisions in society, piling up fuel for the fire and now it doesn't even matter that the cops are sacked and will be charged with murder..

And in the minds of the BLM / Antifa crew nothing is ever enough to make up for the past. Screaming "Kill the white folks" is entirely acceptable to them - they can't even see the irony.

So here we go again, another spark sets off the tinder box, and now they're joined by Mexican La Raza types and hand-wringing white Instagram heroes smashing up their own city in 'honour' of the dead guy.

Amazing Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHUhxGbIZw

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many 'white' people have died during heavy handed arrests [in the US] Just sayin...
Antifa really should be considered a dangerous terrorist group and treated accordingly.
Seeing Greta Thunderpants and family wearing their T shirt speaks volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Leading up to it is 'freedom of speech', 'freedom of thenpress', freedom of movement' 'freedom of information' and a few more 'freedom'.
The freedom is great and welcome but the broken interpretations 'published' by anyone on t' internet feeds the fire.

The fact world politics is basically broken, financial industries are running away with the housekeeping money and too many people can read but not make sound judgements or do not fact-check what they read, see or hear, enables non-conformist agendas to flourish.

It's a pity that reasoned individuals cannot leave this human race and let them all get on with it. 🙄

When the lootin' starts the shootin' starts.

When the shootin' starts I want the ability to shoot back
. 🤣

Agreed, however thier gang (army/police) is bigger than your gang and they do have bigger, better, more guns than you Shocked .

Last edited by pepperami on 14:41 - 02 Jun 2020; edited 1 time in total

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My colleague and I were just musing over coffee this morning, why do you think there aren't any George Floyd arrest jokes yet? 🤔
Are people holding back?
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
At least we have a virtuous and uncorrupted press corps. to rely on for factual reportage. Oh, wait...

[dead link]

...still waiting! seems to be working now.

Eeny, meeny, miny moat,
Catch a n*gga by the throat.
If he hollers press down more,
And let him die on the floor.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A repeat of the post I put in BLM protests thread in Random Banter. It's more valid here...

Rightly or wrongly we have this view of American society as racist.

Rightly or wrongly we have this media fuelled view that cops in the US go out of their way to kill blacks.

Without supporting what the cops did there is this statement in a news article.

He moved to Minneapolis after being released from prison and was known as a "gentle giant" who was trying to turn his life around. He was in jail for armed robbery.

It's amazing how many (dead) criminals are 'lovely people who wouldn't hurt a fly'.

I can't see what else the authorities can do. Cop is going to be prosecuted for murder and will be found guilty whatever simply because they have to throw him to the wolves.

https://news.sky.com/story/who-was-george-floyd-the-gentle-giant-who-loved-his-hugs-11997206

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A repeat of the post I put in BLM protests thread in Random Banter. It's more valid here...

Rightly or wrongly we have this view of American society as racist.

Rightly or wrongly we have this media fuelled view that cops in the US go out of their way to kill blacks.

Without supporting what the cops did there is this statement in a news article.

He moved to Minneapolis after being released from prison and was known as a "gentle giant" who was trying to turn his life around. He was in jail for armed robbery.

It's amazing how many (dead) criminals are 'lovely people who wouldn't hurt a fly'.

I can't see what else the authorities can do. Cop is going to be prosecuted for murder and will be found guilty whatever simply because they have to throw him to the wolves.

https://news.sky.com/story/who-was-george-floyd-the-gentle-giant-who-loved-his-hugs-11997206

Since they clearly don't kneel on the neck of everyone they detain (not even the middle aged black men Rolling Eyes ) he was probably known to them as trouble and weren't taking chances, or did or said something threatening we aren't shown in the video.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Since they clearly don't kneel on the neck of everyone they detain (not even the middle aged black men Rolling Eyes ) he was probably known to them as trouble and weren't taking chances, or did or said something threatening we aren't shown in the video.

Exactly Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 46 of 184