Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Three Cross into administration

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 29 Apr 2020    Post subject: Three Cross into administration Reply with quote

Looks like peugeot, Mash, SWM and a few others may need to find a new importer, if somebody doesn't buy them out of administration ..

https://www.britishdealernews.co.uk/general-news/three-cross-motorcycles-being-placed-administration?fbclid=IwAR2cN3IrjdIiy4lVMafV5mUx9L0ZzzdPuxyf_d8YRqc9Q_tyF6fn0dxQ-IM

Quite sad really, by all accounts they were a very good dealer/importer to deal with

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 29 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: Three Cross into administration Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Looks like peugeot, Mash, SWM and a few others may need to find a new importer, if somebody doesn't buy them out of administration ..

https://www.britishdealernews.co.uk/general-news/three-cross-motorcycles-being-placed-administration?fbclid=IwAR2cN3IrjdIiy4lVMafV5mUx9L0ZzzdPuxyf_d8YRqc9Q_tyF6fn0dxQ-IM

Quite sad really, by all accounts they were a very good dealer/importer to deal with

I've had some dealings with them for Rieju parts. I have often had to buy from another place, since they were very expensive in comparison, even for things like chains. I don't know whether that goes for other makes.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 29 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use them at times when I lived in Christchurch. They were pretty good back then, 80's/90's.

I've no idea how they are/were now though.

But, another big dealership gone is sad. There won't be many left soon.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A damned shame. Another to the list of defunct good bike dealerships.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:47 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Sach XTC a long while back and they always seemed to come up with the parts I needed.
Will be sorry to see them go.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:36 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame, they were really good when I built that V-Clic. They sent me wrong roller weights once, by way of fixing their error they then sent me the ones I had ordered plus the weight either side, which allowed me to tinker alot more.

om15
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 03 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Street Twin from them in 2016, very good to deal with, annual service always included a deep clean and power wash for gratis.
Sadly this might be the first of many.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 15 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many more bike shops are never going to reopen after this virus sh1t.

I'm planning on taking a ride out on the Trophy next week and will ride over to Pure Triumph Woburn just as somewhere to ride and to see if that has opened. (Are bike shops allowed to open yet?)

We only have a couple of bike shops around MK. Pure Triumph and Mission motorcycles, a Suzuki dealer. If that one carries on trading I will be amazed which would be sad because Suzuki have their distribution centre in MK and are the main sponsors of the football team.

It's going to be a terrible time for businesses that trade in boys toys and leisure with money being tight and job prospects at rock bottom.

As an aside, I am quite amazed that they are still building a new pub next to the marina where my boat is. I would have thought that would go on hold but maybe it's got to be built as part of the development agreement.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1