Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:52 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
spottedtango wrote:
textile. Pretty good got it off eBay cheap.
.Then I was riding a superdream..

Ah, sounds so familiar Smile
I know the current owner of the Superdream and he tells me it’s still going.

This upsets me deeply.

I’d rather ride a maggot (Cx500) naked in winter, pretend to my mates it’s a Moto Guzzi and spend the night in the cells for indecent exposure than own a superpooper again.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

spottedtango wrote:

I’d rather ride a maggot (Cx500) naked in winter, pretend to my mates it’s a Moto Guzzi and spend the night in the cells for indecent exposure than own a superpooper again.

Very Happy you make me smile.
Agreed it wasn’t the most exciting bike, but it worked like clockwork and always got me to where I needed to be.

Superdream or the bus? , where’s my bash-hat?
Superdream or no bike at all, hello Superdream Thumbs Up

Still bucketloads of Spares available for them.

And you can wear textile or a leather jacket on them Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Superdream or the bus? , where’s my bash-hat?
Superdream or no bike at all, hello Superdream Thumbs Up

Superdream or 50 quid for a good night down the pub? I'll see you at the bar Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:33 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use RST “Blade” leathers in summer with the liner removed from the jacket. It's OK in all but the very hottest conditions.

For the winter I used RST something or other textiles. With the liners in they're warm enough for pretty much anything, although the trousers aren't waterproof so I tend to throw a cheap rain suit over the top in wet weather.

I'm not a massive RST fan to be honest, they're a bit cheap 'n cheerful but they do the long leg fitting that I need.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an IXS jacket/trouser combo which is waterproof and reasonably good quality; I got some Roadskin jeans and bought one of the RST connector belts and sewed the zip into my IXS jacket so I can wear it with it, but it never feels as well matched as the proper trousers because the zip location is inherently higher on a belt connection than where it sits on the textile trousers.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leather jacket year round, if too hot ride faster. I will wear jeans or cargos if its really hot. I should get some kevlar lined versions. I have a larger jacket and bottoms for winter, fits decent thick jumper and joggers underneath to keep warm.

The 3 jackets I use all same brand, model, and batch number and I will get a 4th if I see one. They are excellent quality and dont leak in heavy rain. The oldest is two years and plenty of life left
I had 3 alpinestars jackets before these and they all leaked small amounts and the zips wore out quite fast, an A* jacket only lasts a year or so for commuting, not great.

slowside
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Weise Psycho 2 jacket that SBS used to sell by the shedload. Bought it as it was cheap with the intention to get something nicer later on, but 2 years later it is still in good nick despite use in all weathers.

I’d like an upgrade but other than being a tart I can’t see what I will gain from something three times the price I paid for this one.

Pothole
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJP wrote:
I use RST “Blade” leathers in summer with the liner removed from the jacket. It's OK in all but the very hottest conditions.

For the winter I used RST something or other textiles. With the liners in they're warm enough for pretty much anything, although the trousers aren't waterproof so I tend to throw a cheap rain suit over the top in wet weather.

I'm not a massive RST fan to be honest, they're a bit cheap 'n cheerful but they do the long leg fitting that I need.

As above I ended up opting for the blade jacket, should arrive tomorrow.
Last summer I went to J&s to buy my textiles, went with the intention of getting RST. They seemed to rate the Frank Thomas stuff ( I’m guessing because they own it) so I ended up going that route. In general they have actually been really good, not leaked once other then when I was caught out in a shower and the leak was really from the trousers it was where I was wearing my work books which are ankle height and there was a gap between the bottom of the trouser and the boot at one point. Coldest temps were 4 degrees and I was always warm. Only down side I have found it’s the Velcro front covering the main zip, not sure if it’s worn already but doesn’t seem to have grip of the opposite but it attaches to.

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:06 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used a REV'IT Eclipse for about a year now. It's about as good as you're going to get as far as letting in air and still giving some protection. It has elbow and shoulder level 1 protection as standard, i added a level 2 back protector.
Don't get me wrong, a jacket is a jacket and will always be warm - but it's a LOT cooler than leather.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

spottedtango wrote:
Hein Geirke sheltex textile.

I bought one when my daughter worked there 8 years ago, can't remember what I paid tbh, maybe around £100 or so.
I only really use it for weekend missions which is why its still in extremely good condition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2