BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Forum is getting old

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of their use of (and frequent loss of) personal data I won't use any of the social media sites.

So what is the difference between facebook, instagram etc.
Why would you use one ove another?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being old is great!

Being old means you dont suffer fools gladly, you havent got time.
Being old means you've seen it all, know it all and keep it all.
Youth is over-rated but wasted on the young.
Being old means you don't give a toss.
Old age and low cunning win everytime over youthful exuberance.

I'm a big fan of being old Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum upgrade to support mobile apps would be pretty straightforward. But that would need funding somehow, who's up for some donations Smile

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-Leftwaffe wrote:

I'm a big fan of being old Laughing

If nothing else, it's better than the alternative Praying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A forum upgrade to support mobile apps would be pretty straightforward. But that would need funding somehow, who's up for some donations Smile

Do you know something about it, would https://www.tapatalk.com/ be an option?
There already is a light mode (at bottom of page) supposed to fit on tablets easier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:06 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Do you know something about it, would https://www.tapatalk.com/ be an option?
There already is a light mode (at bottom of page) supposed to fit on tablets easier.

Tried tapatalk before... not a fan. Korn said he would do it but basically he couldn't be arsed. He's not really invested in the forum any more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People move on and the gap is usually filled with new blood, this like a lot of things doesn't happen anymore. Like the old play grounds, you go when you are young and hang around the fringes, as the older ones leave or find out what girls are for, they leave and you move up. Kids don't do that now, they want to be the top dogs straight away and if not move on very quickly.

Don't knock the forum though, as this will give a bad impression for the new blood, they are around, but need to develop themselves.

Facebook is a bugger though as there are people that were on here that you would debate and argue with on this forum, but you wouldn't let anywhere near your personal stuff that is on Facebook.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:39 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Forum upgrade? Not much has changed over 18 years so you shouldn't expect anything to happen anytime soon.

And if / when things do happen, we're not paying for some mobile app, fuck that. Laughing Laughing
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:08 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elite use actual honest to goodness computers to use the internet. The internet went downhill after smartphones were invented, as they allow the feeble minded to access it all "Without a crusty old laptop on their fat gut".
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a member for beards.

Went away for a long time but what drew me back was the intriguing discussion in a thread which now no longer exists.

Controversy rules

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:33 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Controversy rules

Launching Autumn 2020

Liar

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You f*cking piece of shit shit troll motherf*cker

f*ck you arnorl.

fite Evil or Very Mad

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Forum is getting old Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Out of 16 birthdays today, not one is under 25 and only two under 30.

Also none of the 16 have posted for years.
Doesn't bode well for the BCF's survival.

Part of the trouble is that new and younger people who put their face around the forum door get it bashed, fast. That bloke Alan215 for instance. Not surprised at all he effed off.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all went downhill when my last account got banned
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:18 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Forum is getting old Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Part of the trouble is that new and younger people who put their face around the forum door get it bashed, fast. That bloke Alan215 for instance. Not surprised at all he effed off.

Thread for anyone who's interested: https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=330569

22 minutes after posting he got a reply with answers that he didn't want to hear.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Forum upgrade? Not much has changed over 18 years so you shouldn't expect anything to happen anytime soon.

And if / when things do happen, we're not paying for some mobile app, fuck that. Laughing Laughing

Mmm... I quite often drop the line "...dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th Century" with some of my clients' lack of upgrades. Only 5% actually get it and the rest chuckle and carry on with the excuses as to why technology that's two decades old is perfectly fine to pin your entire business on Sad

Anyhoo, with regards to Tapatalk or whatever it is it's not a nice app. But apps are so last year anyway. A well designed website can cope on a mobile browser. I doubt these forums have even the caress of CSS let alone brushed up against Bootstrap.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
It all went downhill when my last account got banned

And mine. We need aBCF paintball again. Fun times.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:37 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A well designed website can cope on a mobile browser. I doubt these forums have even the caress of CSS let alone brushed up against Bootstrap.

some guy called Korn wrote:
We design and build responsive websites that are beautifully styled; load quickly on any device or connection; and present your content in a clean, accessible way.

Razz

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

factions ?
Cliques?
we got factions and cliques?
How come I aint in no stinkin faction or clique?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Forum is getting old Reply with quote

MilfHunter wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/hYBrHGt/436qc8.jpg

The forum will die a very long and bitter death like GB bikers. The heyday is long gone it is definitely going down the shitter.

I'm not putting all of the blame on the sisters there's a fair few more snowflakes than even five years ago.

It's a lot of factors. It will be a sad day when it eventually dies as I rather enjoy BCF.

Who the fcuk do you think you are?

Shall I post a link to "that" thread again, you know, the one you really need to keep hidden?

Jivebunny, MilfHunter, BodyGuard, 929 Fireblade, God.i, Socket, BikeDoctor, 007, Aloysius Parker, Fazer, Fazer the Bastard, License to kill, BodyGuard, Bogeyman, Stallion, Fazer., KITT, Behive Bedlam.

All your name changes in one go, just in case you forget who you are today!

I see nothing's changed and you're still an uneducated piece of filth!

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Forum is getting old Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Thread for anyone who's interested: https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=330569

22 minutes after posting he got a reply with answers that he didn't want to hear.

2nd post in - "Oh fuck, not another one."

Hardly welcoming.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:39 - 29 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Forum is getting old Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
2nd post in - "Oh fuck, not another one."

Hardly welcoming.

This forum has ALWAYS been like this, if not worse. The issue is that back in the day a guy would insist his RS125 could do 125mph and he'd keep fighting.

Nowadays, the skins are thinner and the bikes are worse. We never had to accommodate for the idea that giving our opinion might scare people off. If we ever have to do that, the forum is well and truly f*cked. Arguably it's currently in a state that is better than it's ever been especially in terms of treatment of members.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5