BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1982 gn125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pitmaster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:34 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: 1982 gn125 Reply with quote

I traded my knowledge and labor painting 2 bathrooms and installed new entry door w frame for a 1982 Suzuki gn 125. It has 3,087 miles never dropped. I'm the 2nd owner....[/img]

Last edited by Pitmaster on 03:23 - 01 Jun 2020; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:15 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very tidy and standard from the photos. Something that is increasingly rare with the current craze for butchering the poor wee things to make "cafe racers".

If it's clean as it looks, it would be worth giving it a good polish up and exibit it at some classic shows once they are back up and running. It'll be eligible for registering as a historic vehicle in a couple of years.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tidy little bike Thumbs Up
Keep it that way and if someone tells you to chop it or cut it to make a bobber, tell them to “fuck off” Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
It'll be eligible for registering as a historic vehicle in a couple of years.

Do they have such categories in the USA?

OP: Bargain!

Pitmaster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:35 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! My 17 y.o. son said almost verbatim in regards to keeping it all original. It's only missing the plastic battery cover. I only have approximately $75 USD invested right now. I looked up the value of it and it's in the range of $1500 to $2200 USD. The Gn125 was imported to the U.S. in 1982-83 then I think started back importing in 1991 to current time. My plans for the Gn is to keep it original and do some fine tuning only to insure my son will have a safe reliable bike to learn on ad get his liscense..... I even received owners manual, the sales pamphlet along with the how to operate the bike for beginners.... I'll post pics of the paperwork at a later date.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Recalls simpler times.

I agree with these guys - keep it all stock. Don't bother trying to make a naff cafe racer or bobber from it - that's all a bit 2010s. Brat tracker it instead.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Joking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1