Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Cummings affair

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
And another falls on her sword.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52867324

Coronavirus: Labour MP quits role after lockdown breach.
Rosie Duffield met her partner in her Canterbury constituency for a five-hour walk when he was still living with his wife.
Tut Tut

Mind you, I'd break some lockdown rules the have a 'WALK' with her. Whistle

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1618B/production/_112570509_p08dph9n.jpg

So you want to find out if she is red under the bed Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cynic might say that she was told to sit at the back to make BoJo and Cummings look bad...

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the people who moan about cummings going to see his ill son probably went to Brighton or Bournemouth beach at the weekend. A few hundred thousands pots said to the kettle...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Many of the people who moan about cummings going to see his ill son probably went to Brighton or Bournemouth beach at the weekend. A few hundred thousands pots said to the kettle...

Aye, note the timing and our Government leading by example.... A government has to be better then 'do as I say, not as I do' or what's the point?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
FYI in 1970s when in a high school living in communist dictature Bulgaria I was giving Britain as an example of fair play and the rule of law.

https://i.imgur.com/MkwvI11.jpg

I am British now and Cummings and Johnson's sheer arrogance this week makes a total mockery of British fair play and the rule of law.

To say I am angry will be a huge understatement.

For those asking the question “What rules and law did Cummings break?"

Lockdown no travel rules.
Health Provisions Act (Corona Virus) (England) 2020.
Road Traffic Act 1988 (S96).

As education Secretary she stopped free milk to school kids. Thatcher the Milk Snatches.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:53 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my first job as a result of Thatcher the snatcher, milk monitor....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first job thanks to Maggie. 5-days a week for dole money (£30) on the YOP. Crying or Very sad

No, tell a lie, my first job was hand-writing dole cheques at the local DHSS (some of the recipients I recognised from school) but I got the sack for leaving early one day. Middle Finger

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as everyone likes to give Maggie's corpse a good kicking what were the alternatives? Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock Shocked
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:44 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
And another falls on her sword.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52867324

Coronavirus: Labour MP quits role after lockdown breach.
Rosie Duffield met her partner in her Canterbury constituency for a five-hour walk when he was still living with his wife.
Tut Tut

Mind you, I'd break some lockdown rules the have a 'WALK' with her. Whistle

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1618B/production/_112570509_p08dph9n.jpg

So you want to find out if she is red under the bed Laughing

No, that red IN my bed. Thumbs Up Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Not really. She's still an MP, she just quit her role as an Opposition Whip, i.e. telling other people to toe the line. Laughing

It's probably a good career move too, taking one for the team so they can get all 'holier than thou' with the Tories.

"Her married partner who was still living with his wife," slickly glosses over the A-word.

Anal? Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:16 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Not really. She's still an MP, she just quit her role as an Opposition Whip, i.e. telling other people to toe the line. Laughing

It's probably a good career move too, taking one for the team so they can get all 'holier than thou' with the Tories.

"Her married partner who was still living with his wife," slickly glosses over the A-word.

Anal? Laughing

A wee wander past the sphincter and up the anal passage. 🤔

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Have I Got News For You is going for the title of Most Biased BBC programme.

The last episode was just a constant stream of jibes at the government and Cummings.

They're certainly trying to wring the last drop of blood out of that stone.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I think Have I Got News For You is going for the title of Most Biased BBC programme.

The last episode was just a constant stream of jibes at the government and Cummings.

They're certainly trying to wring the last drop of blood out of that stone.

I've heard it called "Cummings Derangement Syndrome", but I think every issue seems to produce its fair share of deranged 'obsessionists' these days. You can't have a conversation without it becoming an argument, and all arguments seem to go nuclear after the first shot is fired Rolling Eyes I pity the people who are like this. They need to get a life, and worry less about what others do and say.

Thinking

Or maybe they do it because their own lives are so screwed up, in which case, right there is something better for them to spend their time on.

Thinking

My life is so screwed up Laughing ...but feck whining about Cummings etc.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The press do seem to love "over egging the omelette" once they smell blood. One might almost* have sympathy for the poor chap...

*not really

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

But with comedy and satire, I don't mind if they have a go at Cummings, Trump, Brexit, whatever. Comedy isn't supposed to have boundaries, you're supposed to be able to take the piss out of anything. But the BBC does seem to have 'agenda comedy', like they have 'agenda 'news' ', agenda fucking everything. Agenda children's tv ffs.

Have a bit of balance, take the piss out of the other side too. BBC Mad Fucking waste of public money. Comedy is dead at the BBC.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like HIGNFY but it's now become a comedy version of the news department.

I say comedy in a very loose way - the current series is as unfunny as you can get.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but programs like that have their time. They've dragged that one out way too long anyway. Nobody's doing anything new in comedy, cos they're all scared they might offend someone. The 'new' comedy should be going out of their way to offend, really to the extreme - that would be what would make it funny, because you know the types that would get offended, and they're all nuts anyway. Hey, whaddya gonna do, it's comedy Smile

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Yes but programs like that have their time. They've dragged that one out way too long anyway. Nobody's doing anything new in comedy, cos they're all scared they might offend someone. The 'new' comedy should be going out of their way to offend, really to the extreme - that would be what would make it funny, because you know the types that would get offended, and they're all nuts anyway. Hey, whaddya gonna do, it's comedy Smile

Wot u rote is rather offensive and insensitive.
Where is the flame button in this thread?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Wot u rote is rather offensive and insensitive.
Where is the flame button in this thread?

I could prove to you that it is there and works, if you like Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing HIGNFY was famous for was being contraversial. Remember when it had the 'cash for questions' politician couple on the show? Or some MP didn't turn up for the third time so they replaced him on set with a lump of poo or something. Constant jokes about the lawyers getting involved, superinjunctions etc.
Agree, it's just got too PC now, no longer fit for purpose.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7