Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Exploring.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Exploring. Reply with quote

When you're "downright disgusted", life ain't, etc., and there is nothing that can be done - nothing - a change is absolutely required, and cannot be avoided. So, what can be done?

There are "family" posessions, and there is old, and new, money. These are not relevant, useful or important to to current life, but they should be preserved within the current genealogical progression, if possible; perhaps the benefits should skip a generation, as seems legally possible, or perhaps they should be redirected up, across and back down the family tree.

Which is best. Why?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have some of what you're on please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should go down (however far down), and never across, whether up and across or down and across.

The people across there may seem all nice and perfect, but you'll probably find they aren't. That's just the side of themselves they show to outsiders (such as you). There will be aspects of themselves and their lives they prefer not to have on display.

If you move it across, you will definitely alienate those who are down there. The stories they tell to their children will not put you in a good light and you will probably come to be hated. It will, after all, look like you've humiliated them on purpose. You will see them less and less as they either suddenly cut you of their lives or slowly distance themselves. This will be irreversible. On the other hand, you may see the people "across" there more and more often. After all, you've incentivised them, powerfully. There may be more where that came from, they might think, even if there isn't. These might not be the people you want snooping around your house and documents when old age and sickness come knocking.

My view is that, ultimately, the perspectives on life which one individual finds healthy, effective and proper might not work for everyone, universally. Humiliation is a recipe for hypocrisy and desperation, and causes unforeseen and unpredictable effects. The universally recommended standard road bike on this forum is the Fazer 600, if you see what I mean.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
They should go down (however far down), and never across, whether up and across or down and across.

The people across there may seem all nice and perfect, but you'll probably find they aren't. That's just the side of themselves they show to outsiders (such as you). There will be aspects of themselves and their lives they prefer not to have on display.

If you move it across, you will definitely alienate those who are down there. The stories they tell to their children will not put you in a good light and you will probably come to be hated. It will, after all, look like you've humiliated them on purpose. You will see them less and less as they either suddenly cut you of their lives or slowly distance themselves. This will be irreversible. On the other hand, you may see the people "across" there more and more often. After all, you've incentivised them, powerfully. There may be more where that came from, they might think, even if there isn't. These might not be the people you want snooping around your house and documents when old age and sickness come knocking.

My view is that, ultimately, the perspectives on life which one individual finds healthy, effective and proper might not work for everyone, universally. Humiliation is a recipe for hypocrisy and desperation, and causes unforeseen and unpredictable effects. The universally recommended standard road bike on this forum is the Fazer 600, if you see what I mean.

Alienation and similar social constructs do not matter, whether one is alive or dead. Humiliation is not an intended effect. Continuation at the very least is the sole requirement. What may be"down" is not certain; indeed it does not currently exist. Up, across and down exists and is both acceptable and progressing.

The loss in one, is an absolute and total permenant loss of lineage, but may be sacrificed, for the name.

Which is best? Perhaps it does not matter; but if it does not natter, what does? An interesting question.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:22 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it to the cats. You can garauntee they will not be grateful and will therefore not be disappointed.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Give it to the cats. You can garauntee they will not be grateful and will therefore not be disappointed.

Perhaps to the dogs, although their requirements are outside the scope of the current difficulty.

Edit: I do not like the construction or appearance of the mandible of Felis catus.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This matter has to be framed within a tribal, blood and flesh paradigm. This is how you've lived and what you've found important up to this point. You spent time and your lifeforce on collecting resources, rather than on philosophy. As you get older you lose strength and vigour, but only the young and strong can endure the rigours of exploring the truth(s). Changing course is not in your or anyone else's interests. You want medical care, a safe retirement without hardship, and to avoid problems that you chose to never see coming. You see, this is the battlefield you chose, and the others who are in it aren't thinking about a ceasefire. That pleasant green meadow over there called Satisfaction has some rather large and beefy strangers in it, completely unrelated to you, wearing white gowns. At the moment, as you can still look after your bodily needs, you can choose to not go there. Some people would be willing to put you there against your will, and choose it simply because it's cheaper or more convenient for them. Why reward them?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:13 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
They should go down....

What? Even if they're your mother, I mean sister is pushing it but your mum??? Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:38 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter, you can't take them with you when you cork it, and, as time goes on they will have ever decreasing significance and relevance to each new generation. To be honest, once my dad finally corks it, what family 'heirlooms' don't end up in the skip, will be flogged on ebay, and, I'm such a sentimental old fool Laughing Laughing

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Can I have some of what you're on please?

The answer to this is in the "What was the last thing you bought" thread Laughing although to be fair, this was closer to midnight when posted, so maybe halfway down at 22:05? Question

Riejufixing wrote:
Six litres of Co-Op cider. It is outside time, and I am, surprisingly, still sober, with about 500ml to go

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:08 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I thought he was an islam, mainly influenced by the avatar picture (and we do tend to select something we feel represents us) but also by posted content... Maybe he is, just one that's going to hell for drinking alcohol.

I say "he" but that would be another assumption.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps curating one's spouse population to include a charming and urbane (but ultimately fiercely independent) companion with a penchant for sleek pelts, pretty rocks and frothy liquids in their many forms.

*licks pencil, consults diary*
Friday at 1500 hrs.
Bring the red shoes.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't take it with you, so blow the lot and be forever known as the one that squandered the family fortune.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should go down, but not have the sh1t taxed out of it.

Maybe not so bad right now, but it will be in about 30 years (especially after Covid-gate).

I can see us oldies then having to sell our homes and possessions to go into care and have our bottys wiped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:38 - 05 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: Exploring. Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
When you're "downright disgusted", life ain't, etc., and there is nothing that can be done - nothing - a change is absolutely required, and cannot be avoided. So, what can be done?

There are "family" posessions, and there is old, and new, money. These are not relevant, useful or important to to current life, but they should be preserved within the current genealogical progression, if possible; perhaps the benefits should skip a generation, as seems legally possible, or perhaps they should be redirected up, across and back down the family tree.

Which is best. Why?

I might have said this before, but Jack is actually quite wealthy in the grand scheme of things.

The only thing I inherited from my father were his morals.

From the outside looking in, you might dare to say that my kids were spoiled. I assure you that they weren't. They worked damn hard for every priviledge they ever enjoyed. Yes, my daughter had a horse, but the politics of envy wasn't with her for the 1 year of weekends waking at dawn & cycling down to the local stables to prove her unpaid commitment. Neither were my sons blessed with the luxury of watching other men work, from about the age of 14.

My kids have grown to be independantly succesfull, I have a Solicitor, a property developer & the best horse Vet south of Yorkshire. They all live well within their means & just like their dad Jack a ten bob bit would hit them on the back of the head if they dropped it.

WTF are the rest of you raising???

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 05 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even raise a smile these days Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 05 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: Exploring. Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
WTF are the rest of you raising???

Blood pressures, mostly.

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:41 - 06 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its almost like I understand and at the same time I don't

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 06 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

spottedtango wrote:
Its almost like I understand and at the same time I don't

You need more Co-op cider, six litres should do it.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:37 - 06 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course my kids get everything when I pass.

Who else would I consider???

If you are in the frame of mind that you are leaving it all to the Battersea Dogs Home . . . et al . . . over & above the kids you have raised . . .

Then IMO you have failed in life & you have raised them wrong.

This is a problem with YOU & not necessarily with your offspring.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1