A learner getting knee down on rs125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 18:01 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
It's true, it is me thanks for keeping so amazingly quiet shaun Rolling Eyes your worse than my 4 year nephew at keeping secrets! Razz

Agreed.....big mouth! Razz

Bugsy46 wrote:
99% of BCF members can get their knee down on a 125

Would you like to put that statement to the test?! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 18:11 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would you like to put that statement to the test?!

yeah i would!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i live about 100 meters away from that roundabout, and i can't get my knee down on it, neither can 4 other BCF members who live near by.

Considering he was doing it on a borrowed bike that he had only just got on and couldnt risk binning, he did very well. He managed to get his knee down without keaning the bike much at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 18:38 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats 4 L platers and you who can't do it then Martin, oh and you did say that you haven't tried much as well. He may have been on somebody elses bike but had an RS himself not so long ago and he has also got good at hanging more than his mums breats.

So the fact is that Mike is an experienced rider so knee down from him isn't impressive, now if it had been elbow down it would be a different story. Razz

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:01 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone else has mentioned this but is anyone else seeing a lanky tall git on an RS who would probaly get his knee down on a honda goldwing?

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:11 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd attempt to stick my knee out if I didn't think it would look so silly on my bike Razz. I tried it on my neighbour's MZ RT125 once and what I did ended up feeling all wrong, so I got back on the seat and thrashed it home to make up for the embarassment!

It's definitely something I really wanna learn because I consider myself to be one of the better riders on this rock (I've only ever raced 1 total stranger who seemed to know what a cornering line was, but his 125 4t wasn't fast enough to stay ahead for long). So it's one of those skills that remains elusive. Maybe I should wait until I have a proper sportsbike before attempting?

This pic is from before last summer and the rear tire has since been upgraded from a size 90 to a 100.

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 20:26 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont understand why getting your knee down should be so difficult?? Its not even something I think about when I do it? I just counter steer slighlty and thats it? I just let it happen naturally, if you wanna learn just do it. Following other peoples advice isnt always the right advice for yourself Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:40 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still bugsy yes its good to always try new things (like mom said) but try at least to have decent tires on your bike Thumbs Up

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 20:51 - 18 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahhaahahahhahaah

sorry i missed the tyres lol!!

yeah and make sure your tyres allow the bike to lean hahahahah

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 01:46 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugsy46 wrote:

Quote:
99% of BCF members can get their knee down on a 125, its no great achievment!

Well if its not a hard thing to do, then why are you trying to say he has faked it?

<|Binge|>

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 02:53 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well if its not a hard thing to do, then why are you trying to say he has faked it?

It wasnt the fact about getting his frigging knee down, jesus boy pay attention to my posts. IT WAS THE SPEED OF IT, OK?

ciao

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:19 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM wrote:

This pic is from before last summer and the rear tire has since been upgraded from a size 90 to a 100.

That's been crashed. Very Happy You've got a dent in the fuel tank in exactly the same place as mine, though the dent on mine's larger. Right knee meets tank I believe. Thank goodness for knee armour.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 12:12 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right yes, I watched the video closely and the timer gets to 8, then it seems to jump to 9, and then carry on as normal...

Thats probably due to cheap or crappy Editing software...

<|Binge|>

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking it had been crashed more due to the tape holding the exhaust in place!

How hard is knee down actually? I've never really been a stick yer knee out person cause I've never had any leathers and knee sliders until last autumn. I can get my foot/peg down on the local roundabout at 40mph with no hang just lean at the very edge of my tyre, so would it just be a case of shifting over a bit and sticking the knee out for me?

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 17:15 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my kneedown on mr ar50, but its very sketchy as the front tyre is made of chocolate or something and slides out.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:32 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vid looks real to me. Not that impressed and was a bit of a poo knee down, the bike ain't very far over and his knee is as far out as he can get it and he just about manages to get it down. Just don't look that good, i think it looks much better when the bike is leant right over and the knee ain't poked right out (just looks neater).

I found it very easy to get my knee on my old mito and tzr250, my 600 just feels a lot more stable.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:56 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, the dents are actually from my dad. He's been down twice in the rain, once because of wet leaves on a sharp downhill turn, and once when someone pulled out across his path and he panicked and slammed the brakes. It's technically his bike, but I sorta took it over Very Happy. He hasn't ridden in ages. The tape on the exhaust is from when it was cut, cleaned out and rewelded 3-4 years ago.

The larger tire came when I was getting the rear wheel re-hub'd and re-spoked.

Anyhow, I've had the bike down to the pegs at 95 kph with no loss of traction, so grip or lean angles aren't a problem for the speeds the bike can do. I think the peg positions are what make it awkward.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:34 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikedudextrm wrote:
Not that impressed and was a bit of a poo knee down, the bike ain't very far over and his knee is as far out as he can get it and he just about manages to get it down. Just don't look that good, i think it looks much better when the bike is leant right over and the knee ain't poked right out (just looks neater).

As far as riding technique goes it's best to hang off the bike as much as possible generally. This means that the bike can be more upright and get better grip. Getting your body off also means that the center of gravity is changed and the tyres work better.
This all means you can go faster, or have a better 'safety margin'. May not look as good though.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 22:43 - 19 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't leaning it much due to the fact it wasn't my bike and the front tyre wasn't scrubbed in. Also as G says, it's good practice to hang off like a monkey Wink

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 16:21 - 20 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the video has been sped up when hes out of view its probably just to keep the vidoe shorter to save on its size

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:39 - 20 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke wrote:
I wasn't leaning it much due to the fact it wasn't my bike and the front tyre wasn't scrubbed in. Also as G says, it's good practice to hang off like a monkey Wink

Yer i understand, better to be safe then sorry Embarassed .

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

CROPPER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:31 - 01 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicly done

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 01 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the knee down for your first time is always a good feeling Very Happy

Enjoyed it so much i got Titainium sliders for some nice fireworks Twisted Evil

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 14:39 - 01 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Enjoyed it so much i got Titainium sliders for some nice fireworks

Got the Titanium sliders to be a show off!! Rolling Eyes

What you been up to lately mate? Only need 3 more bits and I'll be back on the road mincing it with you and Gordon Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2