Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki Inazuma 250?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Suzuki Inazuma 250? Reply with quote

Anyone got any experience? Thinking of getting one as a daily hack (30 miles a day or so).

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: Suzuki Inazuma 250? Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Anyone got any experience? Thinking of getting one as a daily hack (30 miles a day or so).

They're good enough if you get a bargain. Otherwise they're bloody heavy and underpowered and sell for decent money, which means they're overpriced heavy underpowered commuter tools.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at one that's under 2k miles for £1900ish. Better considering a CB500 instead then?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

every time - but you can get a cbr600 for about that...then again those're quite thirsty on the sly

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:34 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Looking at one that's under 2k miles for £1900ish. Better considering a CB500 instead then?

That's surprisingly not a bad price in today's market but nuts really when you consider they were only ~£3k brand spanking new.

I'd be offering them £1500 for it and then, if you get it for that, it'd be worthwhile. Servicing schedule is ridiculous on these at 3,000 miles oil change and 6,000 miles for valve check. On a £1500 bike I don't suppose you'd care too much.

Have you considered an Enfield? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:24 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 miles a day on an underpowered 250, you'll be wishing you'd gone for something bigger in no time.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no replacement for the displacement. Get the CB500 instead. Thumbs Up

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
30 miles a day on an underpowered 250, you'll be wishing you'd gone for something bigger in no time.

I have a Mille R for fun.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 14:07 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big difference between "This bike is fun enough for my commute and keeping up with traffic, but my other bike is far more fun" and "This bike is so fucking slow, I'm wringing its neck to keep up with a family in a Focus, I wish I was riding my other bike".

Overall running costs are going to be very close between a 500 and a 250. Fuel burn on both will be so minimal it isn't worth measuring, cheap tyres onces every two years, and a standard service once a year, maybe an extra oil change in the middle. At best the 250 might be 10% cheaper but 50% less fun.

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:38 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with what’s been said.

The 250 will be straining constantly

It will get annoying pretty quick and that’s if you don’t take it out on the bike by spanking it into the redline.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. 500's seem to be more expensive in general. Commute is mainly country road, with a stretch of a couple miles A road. Maybe I'll consider the 500's/650's.

1claire
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good bike and will do all legal speeds easily. It is comfy and has good fuel economy and cheap insurance. Also, it is bigger than the Z300. If you don't like sports bike ergonomics, this bike is brilliant.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much of the above, plus the other thing to consider is if you've had a bad day at work and just want to get home, barring traffic lights/stop junctions, you could probably ride most roads in one gear on the CB500 as there's enough flexibility in the engine - more relaxing, whereas with the 250 you'll be hunting up and down the gearbox, something you really might not be in the mood for sometimes.

As for running costs, despite the older tech of a CB500, I reckon you'd still be getting close to 60mpg on mixed commuting. Expand your budget to something a bit more modern but similar capacity (perhaps an NC) and you could even better the Inazuma's mpg.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1