Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go: from the BBC website...

Quote:
Most infected people will have only mild symptoms - perhaps a fever, aching limbs a cough, and loss of taste or smell - and will recover without special treatment.

Why? No idea.

Okay, so if you catch it are you safe later?

Quote:
It is unclear, though, if people who have recovered from coronavirus will be able to get it again.

So, no idea.

Quote:
The World Health Organization advises that the incubation period can last up to 14 days. But some researchers say it may be up to 24 days.

Still no idea.

Quote:
Recovery time will depend on how sick you became in the first place. Some people will shrug off the illness quickly, but for others the path to full health could take months, and leave lasting problems.

Why do some get really ill and some don't? No idea.

Quote:
Different studies currently suggest a huge range of possibilities for how many "silent spreaders" there are - ranging from 5% to 80% of cases. That was the conclusion of an analysis by Prof Carl Heneghan of the University of Oxford and colleagues who looked at 21 research projects.

Sorry, 5% to 80% range means you're doing it wrong!

And so on...

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:57 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Isn't it odd that a bunch of folks on a motorcycle forum aren't the world's greatest intellectuals Laughing

Dunno, we used to have a PhD geneticist among our membership. He's not posted in some time now though.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Isn't it odd that a bunch of folks on a motorcycle forum aren't the world's greatest intellectuals Laughing

Dunno, we used to have a PhD geneticist among our membership. He's not posted in some time now though.

Maybe not the worlds greatest intellectuals but most that post on here have done more and experienced more with their lives than 90% of the rest of the UK population.

Not all knowledge can be measured with a University degree, and experience certainly isn't. Wink

Bikers are more risk takers so try more ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ different experiences is wifies view.

Anyway, I digress. It's germ warfare by bats to take over the world. Cool

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I feel you haven't exactly challenged my point!
Although intellectuals may sometimes ride motorcycles, it does not follow that those who ride motorcycles are all intellectuals, or even that a majority would be. That doesn't mean you shouldn't join in with discussion if you feel you have a point to make, or there is something you feel needs clearing up.

I am still waiting for Nobby to give me his take on Nietzsche Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:23 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post was about what rebel said and not Nietzsche.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The post was about what rebel said and not Nietzsche.

Oh, sorry! Well, you can tell I'm no intellectual Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Motorcycling can be construed as an example of <perspectivism>, and an invocation of the ubermensch.

Probably better to see it as an enjoyable thing to do, no?
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you're a hoot at a party Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:
MCN wrote:
We at BCF prefer things in coloured pencil.

Only because a few of the regulars have eaten all the crayons.

I keep mine up my nose.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:54 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Maybe not the worlds greatest intellectuals but most that post on here have done more and experienced more with their lives than 90% of the rest of the UK population.

FECK OFF.

99.9% sat in their personal den, in their underpants & still living with 'mother'.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:07 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I feel you haven't exactly challenged my point!
Although intellectuals may sometimes ride motorcycles, it does not follow that those who ride motorcycles are all intellectuals, or even that a majority would be. That doesn't mean you shouldn't join in with discussion if you feel you have a point to make, or there is something you feel needs clearing up.)

Motorcycling attracts a broad spectrum, of that there is no doubt. But you know what, I have moved amongst some of the greatest motorcyclists that ever lived, & the only thing we have ever had in common is a touch of the 'undefineable' about us.

Have you ever had a conversation where not one word was spoken. I highly doubt it.

I am famous for being the one who opened the garage door to find 2 of this worlds greatest ever riders sat amongst the parts of their works Honda's spread all over the floor. Not one word was spoken & not one word needed to be spoken.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's me!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:10 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

Motorcycling attracts a broad spectrum, of that there is no doubt. But you know what, I have moved amongst some of the greatest motorcyclists that ever lived, & the only thing we have ever had in common is a touch of the 'undefineable' about us.

Have you ever had a conversation where not one word was spoken. I highly doubt it.

I am famous for being the one who opened the garage door to find 2 of this worlds greatest ever riders sat amongst the parts of their works Honda's spread all over the floor. Not one word was spoken & not one word needed to be spoken.

When you wake from your dream life and visit the real world, holla.

For some late term forum user, you certainly have more stories than the bible. You are basically a full toothed MilfHunter with less misogyny but more dick waving. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:16 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even 'clean that fucking mess off my workshop floor'?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
JackButler wrote:

When you wake from your dream life and visit the real world, holla.

For some late term forum user, you certainly have more stories than the bible. You are basically a full toothed MilfHunter with less misogyny but more dick waving. Laughing

Paddy is being nice to you for some reason. Personally I find Milfhunter more believable. At least we are pretty certain he has a blue shopping trolley.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he saying no one will speak to him?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:49 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:

You use sign language to have your Dirty Bertie conversations where not one word is spoken & not one word needs to be spoken.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been on the news that Leicester is going back into Lockdown.

Presumably because it has a high amount of BAME's who are unfairly targetted by the virus.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Presumably because it has a high amount of BAME's who are unfairly targetted by the virus.

You miss-splet "out and about busily ignoring lockdown going around each others' houses to borrow a cup of sugar and half a bag of atta".

To be fair, the same rule-breaking as all the people visiting Bournmouth beach last week....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:13 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

What they haven't said is how that would work.

They can stop shops and businesses in Leicester reopening but that doesn't stop people in Leicester from driving to shops and businesses in other towns.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:25 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
To be fair, the same rule-breaking as all the people visiting Bournmouth beach last week....

The same apart from ~500,000 went to Dorset last Thursday and Leicester has a population of just 329,839.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/26/matt-hancock-threatens-close-beaches-500000-people-flock-coast-12904969/

Have we seen an increase in corona cases for people who went to the big BLM protests?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:57 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infection rate has stopped dropping around the UK now. No surprise really, other than certain shops being shut you wouldn't think there was anything wrong. Too many people thought the initial easing of lockdown was open season on party/riot time.

Obviously these BLM riots will have culled a few BAME people. If not the demonstrators, their Mums and grandmums but that Labour politician said Boris mustn't blame it on the BLM people. Rolling Eyes

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/06/blame-government-coronavirus-12814284/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 76 of 172