Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 284, 285, 286 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Shocked I have no words!

Just me then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given you an " Thumbs Up insightful" in a spirit of hope.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw recman...another page get?! Give someone else a chance!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
A Privet Hawk-moth, resting on the workshop door. Wingspan nearly 5".

It looks like a fire damaged vagina.

My goodness, you have a remarkable imagination (but possibly a poor grasp of anatomy!). These moths have magnificent caterpillars, which are bright green and have white and mauve stripes on the sides of some of their segments. Here is a nice video I found for you of one that someone's cat brought in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjyEjZhV0mo

Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Btw recman...another page get?! Give someone else a chance!

I remember this is how I first virtually encountered Ste, he was always at the top of a thread about ermmmm well never mind.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Determined to get a ride in over the weekend, I resigned myself to getting soaked as the forecast around here was awful. Went out at 10am yesterday, did 60 odd miles around the Peak and ended up having nothing more than 5 minutes of light rain in the first half hour (not even enough to make the road wet). Snake Pass was bone dry and quiet too as everyone must have been opting not to go out based on the forecast. Win! Very Happy

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some drama today. Not exactly "Grind My Gears" but it's something...

Wife: That helicopter's fecking loud. Have a look out the window...

Me: Of course, my love*

Wife: Well, how low is it?

Me: Hard to estimate the exact distance but I can tell you the colour of the pilot's eyes.

Wife: Feck!

And with that a helicopter lands outside my house. Not a normal state of affairs! A neighbour stopped to observe the spectacle and I shouted over that my Deliveroo had arrived Smile

At this point my Hermes Lesbian turns up "quite the dramatic entrance!" (I was on a roll) "urgent delivery is it?"

Hermes Lesbian: It's for the crack den.

Us: Huh?

Hermes Lesbian: I had to kick the door in but the fucker was pressed up against it and bleeding out.

Turns out a local druggie had some unfortunate "accident" and as they tried to exit their abode ended up slumping against the door.

Anyhoo, she's a robust gal - one time one is grateful for stereotypes being accurate - and she left to finish her rounds when the paramedics turned up.

Whoa! Enough drama? Nope, the FB rumour mill is now spinning like Speedy Gonzalez Sad

*You know the routine by now

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Your story telling is shite ^^^

Was it a police helicopter or an air ambulance?

Why was the Hermes girl kicking in a druggies back door?

How did she know he was a druggie?

Was she pretty?

What were the police doing while said lesbian was drug house raiding?

So many questions. Rolling Eyes

Can I suggest in future that you video it on your phone and post it somewhere with the link to BCF so we can understand WTF you are talking about. Thumbs Up

Milfhunter would have got a sloppy blow job in somewhere and Jack Butler would have taken over the whole operation, done a Chuck Norris on the druggies and flown said Hermes lady off into the sunset on said helicopter with a planned night of passion to turn her heterosexual again.

Last edited by Polarbear on 17:12 - 29 Jun 2020; edited 1 time in total

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Wife: That helicopter's fecking loud. Have a look out the window...

Me: Of course, my love*

Wife: Well, how low is it?

Me: Hard to estimate the exact distance but I can tell you the colour of the pilot's eyes.

Wife: Feck!

And with that a helicopter lands outside my house. Not a normal state of affairs! A neighbour stopped to observe the spectacle and I shouted over that my Deliveroo had arrived Smile

At this point my Hermes Lesbian turns up "quite the dramatic entrance!" (I was on a roll) "urgent delivery is it?"

Hermes Lesbian: It's for the crack den.

Us: Huh?

Hermes Lesbian: I had to kick the door in but the fucker was pressed up against it and bleeding out.

Turns out a local druggie had some unfortunate "accident" and as they tried to exit their abode ended up slumping against the door.

Anyhoo, she's a robust gal - one time one is grateful for stereotypes being accurate - and she left to finish her rounds when the paramedics turned up.

Whoa! Enough drama? Nope, the FB rumour mill is now spinning like Speedy Gonzalez Sad

*You know the routine by now

If this oils your gears, I'm not sure I'd want to know what grinds them. Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

If this oils your gears, I'm not sure I'd want to know what grinds them. Shocked

It's just a thing... shall we have a thread "Things I feel ambivalent about that happened today" Rolling Eyes

I think "air ambulance" is easy to guess from the rest of the story. As to the rest I only repeat what I know instead of making up shit like the rest of the Internet.

And FYI, from what I've seen our courier's other half is the "pretty" one of the couple Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I missed something in the translation.
The new R***pal thread is more understandable.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you aware of the crack den? If not then this really should grind your gears Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Were you aware of the crack den? If not then this really should grind your gears Laughing

Every town has a crack den* bit like that "you're never more than 10 feet from a rat."

"Local drug addict dies" seems a bit odd for Grind My Gears. But then again, bit cold for this thread Neutral

*Hey, maybe I got it wrong. They might have only been doing something innocent... like Heroin.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
^^^ Your story telling is shite ^^^.

Don't beat about the Bush.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rediscovered a savings account I'd forgotten I had when I finally signed up to online banking this very morning, it had £66.12
in it too. Thumbs Up Transferred another £100 into it, I suspect it will be quite useful over the coming months. Neutral

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Rediscovered a savings account I'd forgotten I had when I finally signed up to online banking this very morning, it had £66.12
in it too. Thumbs Up Transferred another £100 into it, I suspect it will be quite useful over the coming months. Neutral

The digital equivalent of finding a tenner in the back pocket of the jeans you're were about to wash, always welcome Thumbs Up

Much less upsetting than my last post: life is starting to return to some semblance of normality. Just fixed some odds and sods for someone. Someone who pays cash. Someone who runs a pub and owns a brewery. Noice Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Didn't take much persuasion to drop in on Saturday to make sure the reopening goes smoothly* Actually, I can't remember if it was me persuading them or the other way round Smile

*The food's as good as the beer BTW.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a proper hankering for a hugely gear oiling moment, as these seem to have been few and far between lately, whereas I usually have several every day.

I did have one yesterday, though, with another of my phone calls from Anita, during which we engaged as close women friends rather than mother and daughter.

The nature of our relationship warms my soul.
Wub

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

(from the gear grinding thread)

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

Wow! What a comical thing! Game, though, isn't it! I've had a look at some other information; it seems that breeding programmes may be able to save some of them from extinction (rats, cats and similar have caused huge damage). Saving them is good!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Wow! What a comical thing! Game, though, isn't it!

Did you watch the following vid on youtube of one fending off a cat?
They are fearless.
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Quote:

Wow! What a comical thing! Game, though, isn't it!

Did you watch the following vid on youtube of one fending off a cat?
They are fearless.

Yes, I saw that. I'm surprised the cat didn't kill it. Mind you, the chap who videoed a Poplatr Hawk-moth had a cat that brought it in without killing it. Somewhere (RSPB?) there's a survey of "things most often brought in by cats", and a couple are surprises!

Edit: No, I misremembered, it was the Mammal Society: https://www.mammal.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Domestic-Cat-Predation-on-Wildlife.pdf (the appendix contains the list).

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"herpetofauna" Cool

That's oiled my gears, that has Laughing

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastering done, found an offcut of UPVC that the previous owner of the house left behind that when cut down to size fits the window ledge. Result, £50 saved and looks the biz.

Just need to paint and find a floor that I like.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilfHunter wrote:
You know you're good when it's defending on rush Valparaiso 4 vs 6 and you carry a squad of noobs to victory using no more than the PP-2000 on iron sights.

https://i.ibb.co/frfb5GC/20200630-175146.jpg

Pity that has absolutely no practical use whatsoever in everyday society.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 30 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
MilfHunter wrote:
You know you're good when it's defending on rush Valparaiso 4 vs 6 and you carry a squad of noobs to victory using no more than the PP-2000 on iron sights.

https://i.ibb.co/frfb5GC/20200630-175146.jpg

Pity that has absolutely no practical use whatsoever in everyday society.

Much like the author.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 284, 285, 286 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 285 of 337