Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

World Wide Web Teenage Strop.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:48 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Bottom of 2nd page and still no mention of Hitler.

Who even are you people anymore.

Hitler didn't agree with coalitions.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:51 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitler was a sensitive man?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitler has only got one ball
The other is in the Albert Hall

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
What if you could have both Tories and Labour in power at the same time?
Tories look after the stuff that needs discipline and a hard head, Labour look after the social stuff? Each is allocated a budget from tax revenues.

Yeah, I know, probably a stupid idea. But you can't get rid of either one. That would be disastrous.

This is the huge mistake people today seem to be making. They think Labour are the soft touch party of freebies and feel good uselessness, while the Tories are the party of law and order and fiscal responsibility.

1. No party is that much better than the other when it comes to the economy

2. The party of 'law and order' (and whatever other idea of 'societal strictness' people have) actually cut police funding, cut border force funding, uk immigration service funding... and for a while were letting in more immigrants than any other time in British history. So whatever discipline you'd expect from the Tories is just not there, it seems.

So this idea that one party is 'nice but naive' while the other is 'strict but wise' is just not correct. This means that firstly it wouldn't be the best of both worlds if somehow Labour and Tory shared power, and secondly they'd still argue forever over how exactly each issue should be handled.

Proportional representation might work though Very Happy

Sounds like the Civil Service is doing a cracking job Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:01 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

He went to art school when he was younger.

He wanted to be a painter.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

He was also a non smoker.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:27 - 25 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was well into methamphetamine though.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 26 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He liked dogs.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 26 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he was a Muslim?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 26 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Maybe he was a Muslim?

Muslims don't like dogs. Pikeys like Dawwwgs. Hitler had a German Shepherd (Obviously). Pikeys like Staffys. Therefore Hitler wasn't a Muslim or a Pikey.

See, there's always a good side to everyone. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 27 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice analogy I just heard.
We're all on a ship in the middle of the ocean that we have discovered has some flaws. Now, some people are telling us that the best way to take care of the flaws is to sink the ship under us.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 07 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Bastard.
I'm going to be singing that for days now Mad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 07 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I overheard some idiot child (aged around 22 if I remember correctly) stating quite categorically in a kitchen full of her peers, myself and one other person (male) of around my age ... that she thought The Media (i.e., TV, newspapers) should be "suppressed", that (and I quote) "... they should not be allowed to report things that they do!".

So when I gently advised her that really she would not want to live in a country where freedom of the press was at risk, she decided to alter her stance and adjust it to "Well they shouldn't be allowed to interfere in people's lives the way they do!"

So I drove the conversation a little further, "Well its certainly a bit of a problem when paparazzi and tabloid reporters get busy in the lives of the famous to an obstructive or dangerous extent". Sez I, mildly.

She agreed, citing the situation with Prince Andrew and his friend, Ghislaine Maxwell, of whose father she had quite clearly never heard.

I bet she disapproves of my boss because he is a paediatrician.
Rolling Eyes

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: World Wide Web Teenage Strop. Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Is that an over simplification?

Yes.
Whenever there's a round of public demonstration there's always a whinging mob of armchair moaners who act like it's the end of the world and somehow kicking off in public is some kind of unusual and aberrant behaviour. Look at history, demos riots and outright revolution are perfectly normal. Leave people to it if they do cause harm it's probably nothing compared to the harm our wealthy hidden overlords cause.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
MCN wrote:

Bastard.
I'm going to be singing that for days now Mad

The cure for an ear worm is apparently to hum the national anthem.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
That's a nice analogy I just heard.
We're all on a ship in the middle of the ocean that we have discovered has some flaws. Now, some people are telling us that the best way to take care of the flaws is to sink the ship under us.

Well, consider this, maybe you're one of the flaws so it's not an entirely bad strategy. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Democracy encourages running up debts for future governments to pay off and selling off assets to funda current spending.

Really? Thats rather a sweeping statement. How do you explain the enormous growth in the value of the UKs assets over the several hundred years of its democratic history? Or the massive build up of the assets of local authorities since their creation in the 19th century? The fashion for selling off assets is a very recent one and has clearly caused enormous problems and has done nothing but put assets into the hands off very dodgy companies. Look at how those estate owning companies have screwed up our gighstreets buy buying up property only to land bank it. Or large corporations like General Electric who decided to flog off their assets to then lease them back. It created a short term high in the balance of their books but then when cash was needed in tougher times following the 2008 crash GE was screwed. Of course the directors all did well out if it.
It's not our democracy that's been responsible for our country flogging off its assets and indulging in weird funny money borrowing strategies. It's the right wing parties that have had power over the last forty years and their pals who run the likes of GE. I would include Blair and Brown in that lot as well.

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of teenage levels of stroppiness, it seems to have died down on my Facebook feed... I think they've all gotten bored for the most part.

I did see something about only women having a cervix, presumably a trans issue regarding smear tests, but that's about it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellcat wrote:
I overheard some idiot child (aged around 22 if I remember correctly) stating quite categorically in a kitchen full of her peers, myself and one other person (male) of around my age ... that she thought The Media (i.e., TV, newspapers) should be "suppressed", that (and I quote) "... they should not be allowed to report things that they do!".

She'll probably enjoy this -

Bring Down The Government - Summer Of Tough Love 2020
Quote:
enough of the tyranny of the 1%... This government is committed to sending us to our deaths. We have a right and a duty to bring them down.

We are revolting from July 25th (Trafalgar Square) regardless of who shows up or how it turns out. We are over this shit.

We will replace the government with assemblies of ordinary people: government by the people for the people.

Overthrowing a democratically-elected government?
Fans of this kind of thing (careful now) need to wake up and see behind the faux-hippy shite before it's too late.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

She'll probably enjoy this -

Bring Down The Government - Summer Of Tough Love 2020
Quote:
enough of the tyranny of the 1%... This government is committed to sending us to our deaths. We have a right and a duty to bring them down.

We are revolting from July 25th (Trafalgar Square) regardless of who shows up or how it turns out. We are over this shit.

We will replace the government with assemblies of ordinary people: government by the people for the people.

Overthrowing a democratically-elected government?
Fans of this kind of thing (careful now) need to wake up and see behind the faux-hippy shite before it's too late.

Quite how do they intend to overthrow the government? I doubt they're exactly shaking in their boots Laughing
These people have big mouths on the internet, but they are a weak minority. Breaking a few shop windows and pulling down the odd statue is not revolution.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, and thankfully the silent majority of more rational human beings are ready to deliver a democratic slap in the short term.

However, you'll have noticed the surge of naive revolutionaries, knowing revolutionaries, equality-zealots, anti-Capitalists with no valid alternatives, groups happy to conflate COVID-19, racial injustice, Amazon and Australian fires into an incoherent single issue (eg. Animal Rebellion). I wonder what this is all doing to impressionable teens. When they get the reins to society what will it look like after 20 years when the saner of them realise it was all a commie power grab.

As it is, the government seems to be steered by media pressure anyway, caving in to the face masks issue for example.

Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 20:06 - 13 Jul 2020; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I wonder what this is all doing to impressionable teens. When they get the reigns to society what will it look like after 20 years when the saner of them realise it was all a commie power grab.

I don't care, I'll be gone by then. Then, they can ruin their world as much as they like Smile

Quote:
As it is, the government seems to be steered by media pressure anyway, caving in to the face masks issue for example.

The face masks thing seems pretty minor to me. Wear one, don't wear one, compulsory, not compulsory - not that bothered. It wouldn't be any hardship to me if we were told we must wear them in shops for instance, but my problem is, with a melted ear, how do I ensure one stays in place? Laughing As to Brexit, the media and the remnant of bleating remoaners don't seem to be achieving much, and I'm so far happy with the course of things there. Otherwise, Boris hasn't held the reins for long still, and Covid has obviously had an impact on how much progression they can make in other areas. A bit of patience required yet. I have hope for this government, but of course, we've all been disappointed before. They're all politicians after all.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:53 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Quite how do they intend to overthrow the government?

Paintballs, glitter-bombs, roadblocks, plant a great big pink dildo in the Big Ben scaffolding and some awkward losers dancing around naked with their lockdown flab jiggling seductively whilst eating victoria sponge.

I can't think how brandishing paintball guns in central London could possibly go wrong. Laughing

Of course bringing down the government and replacing it with their own system won't come cheaply so they're after donations to the tune of fifty million pounds. But with only £245 in the kitty so far, of which £200 came from one person, they might have to rethink their plans.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/bringing-down-the-government

Rain

https://www.facebook.com/events/681769295720921/permalink/693463167884867/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Of course bringing down the government and replacing it with their own system

And what system is that then? Do tell Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:50 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will their new system be? Would you believe me if I said it involves plate spinners?

"Citizens Assemblies.

That’s decisions made BY ordinary people, FOR ordinary people.

With real power in the hands of nurses, librarians, artists, mothers, grandmothers, plate-spinners, gardeners and teachers"

Because plate spinners lives matter. Thumbs Up

I have many questions but "posting permissions for this event have been turned off". Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
What will their new system be? Would you believe me if I said it involves plate spinners?

Frankly, yes Laughing
I'll start to take them seriously when they include mime artists.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3