Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorcycle Tests to resume

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:10 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Motorcycle Tests to resume Reply with quote

Recieved this recently from you know who....

Daily update from GOV.​UK.
Motorcycle and moped tests

Driving lessons, theory tests and driving tests to restart in England

Page summary
Driving lessons and theory tests will restart on Saturday 4 July 2020 in England, and car driving tests will restart from Wednesday 22 July 2020.

Change made
First published.

Time updated
6:05pm, 25 June 2020

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and to save anyone else from searching for it...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-lessons-theory-tests-and-driving-tests-to-restart-in-england
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:29 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
...and to save anyone else from searching for it...

Oh well done that man. Nice one.

I got the email in the week, but been too busy to post it.. I had a quick look on gov.co.uk to find it, but gave up after a few mins looking, so just posted the email.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:32 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Tests to resume Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
car driving tests will restart from Wednesday 22 July 2020.

That's nice but it's different for motorcycle tests.

Motorcycle and moped compulsory basic training (CBT) Saturday 4 July 2020
Motorcycle direct access scheme (DAS) training Saturday 4 July 2020
Theory tests Saturday 4 July 2020
Motorcycle and moped module 1 and module 2 tests Monday 13 July 2020

Wink

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:40 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Tests to resume Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Motorcycle and moped module 1 and module 2 tests Monday 13 July 2020 Wink

Ah, that's the one I'm interested in, perfect. Cool
I'll fire off an email to my local training school. Thanks for that. Thumbs Up

pbt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Tests to resume Reply with quote

[quote="GettinBetter"
Ah, that's the one I'm interested in, perfect. Cool
I'll fire off an email to my local training school. Thanks for that. Thumbs Up[/quote]

ATBs still cant book tests, our booking facility is 'supposed' to be reopening on the 4th

smokin joe
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:30 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent twenty years as a car ADI from the mid eighties. I wonder how many instructors there will be on start up, no way could I have gone nearly four months without income before going tits up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokin joe wrote:
I spent twenty years as a car ADI from the mid eighties. I wonder how many instructors there will be on start up, no way could I have gone nearly four months without income before going tits up.

Are most of them not self employed? As long as they had filed tax returns they should have got something to tide them over. I wouldn't have thought it any different than any other self employed business and probably better than many with less overheads..

smokin joe
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:09 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Are most of them not self employed? As long as they had filed tax returns they should have got something to tide them over. I wouldn't have thought it any different than any other self employed business and probably better than many with less overheads..

They're nearly all self employed, cars and bikes on HP, mortgages, all the usual bills and no income. It doesn't take long to go under.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pbt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath if you're hoping for a test any time soon. Bookings for the 27th onwards opened this morning. So far, in the 3 weeks that tests have supposedly been available, Yorkshire (all of it combined, North, South, West and East) have had a grand total of zero mod 1 tests available, and 42 mod 2 tests.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:23 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....
I managed to get an assessment booked in for next week. My local training centre is concentrating clients that had previously booked tests/training etc.
One of the key issues was theory test certs, and the fact that I already had one seemed to be a door opener (I could be wrong but detected a change of tone once this was established).
Soooo... excited Bounce! . I know its only an assessment, but it's progress. Dance!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1