Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mod 2 test booking troubles..?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

_osborn3
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:28 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Mod 2 test booking troubles..? Reply with quote

Hi all,

First post here so I’ll try not to make a fool of myself!

I had my Mod 2 booked for Thursday 23rd Jul. Unfortunately the examiner called sick on the day which is fair enough.
Has anyone else experienced difficulty in booking Mod 2 tests at the moment (expected backlog from the coronavirus halt?) as my school haven’t got back to me since with any further dates. Sad

Cheers
_osborn3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathise with your impatience but what do expect the school to come back with in such a short space of time? Everything's on a go slow at the moment Very Happy

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:39 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting my DAS next week. I've got my test dates booked , my training school told me test dates were being realised on a weekly basis. I moved course from the end of August and they didn't have an issue getting me earlier test slots. I'd ring your school up and have a chat with them see what's going on even if they have to tell you they can't get dates until xyz at least you will know.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before lockdown tests were released for booking about 8 weeks in advance. Currently that's down to 2 weeks. The tests slots will be there, but everyone is fighting last minute for tests for courses already running.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I sympathise with your impatience but what do expect the school to come back with in such a short space of time? Everything's on a go slow at the moment Very Happy

Bike is more important than Corona virus, the bike schools should be classed as essential workers.

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:17 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all bike schools and test centres are open and allowed to run fully. It's just a case of the sheer quantity of tests required that is causing delays in getting test dates.

pbt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 06:28 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongefinger wrote:
I believe all bike schools and test centres are open and allowed to run fully. It's just a case of the sheer quantity of tests required that is causing delays in getting test dates.

Not quite true. Yes, we're 'allowed to run fully' but, due to the DVSA being run by drooling idiots who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything more complicated than a crayon, not all the test centres are yet open, the test centres that are open are running reduced numbers of tests, the tests that are available are being released at short notice leading to every training school in the country having to be online when the DVSA website goes live (hoping it doesn't crash) and playing hungry hippos with the few available slots (thanks to Pinky for that description).

So, if you're waiting for test dates, don't go ranting at your local schools if they seem to be slow, its not their fault. We're as pissed off as you guys are, honest.

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:42 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Good to hear from someone in the industry. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info from what the public are told to what people in industries know ( which is correct) . Because I have been waiting to do my das since march I had been keeping an eye on developments and read an article in MCN that said all test centres were opening and training could go ahead . I spoke to my training school and they said that information just was not correct as it was more complicated than that.

As a side note I could do without the extra pressure if knowing that if I fail either of my mod tests it may be ages until I can re book !!😖

_osborn3
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:56 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your responses. It certainly puts it into perspective. Nevertheless I shall wait and hope the day comes round again soon - I made the mistake of buying the bike the day before the test and now it’s waiting to be ridden Very Happy

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the presence of coronavirus doesn't really make a jot of difference; if you're waiting for your re-booked mod2 you'll be desperate and wanting it even if it's tomorrow. Mine was cancelled when I arrived outside the test centre because the industrial unit next door to it was on fire! As it turned out the incompetence of the DVSA meant they didn't advise my school that morning, so we were able to claim back costs (including the unpaid leave I'd taken that morning).

It'll be here before you know it. Just keep yourself distracted while you wait. Thumbs Up

_osborn3
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:24 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest does anyone know on what day of the week are tests released?

pbt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

_osborn3 wrote:

at the minute its supposed to be Mondays and Wednesdays, but, your local school might not be able to actually pick anything up til the tuesday/thursday

_osborn3
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:27 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbt wrote:
_osborn3 wrote:

at the minute its supposed to be Mondays and Wednesdays, but, your local school might not be able to actually pick anything up til the tuesday/thursday

Many thanks pbt

_osborn3
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:30 - 30 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod 2 rebooked for 18th August Thumbs Up Laughing

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:55 - 01 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Good luck ! 🤞🤞
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1