Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any experience with A2 bikes being tested for compliance?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

KiwiBob
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:32 - 02 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before: if Company A offers you insurance on your A2-compliant bike and you derestrict it, is it the same bike?

In other words, most policies say you have Third-Party only cover on bikes not specifically named on the policy. Is that how you always have at least Third-party cover?

Insurance obtained by fraud or deception still valid .. However, its possible the insurance company may take you to court to recover their money .. or you may get prosecuted for said fraud/deception.

As for getting insurance in the future?

Why take the risk? .. Just pass your test!

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:02 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You had an A2 license then?

No, I had a proper one. But they checked.

You passed yours, yet?

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:42 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genuinely not worth it on a 47hp bike. In all honesty you have enough to get out of trouble and more than keep up with traffic. I didn't de
-restrict my Triumph 600 when i was 17 on a 33hp licence and it was fine. Having said that a friend did get pulled (twice) on a derestricted RS50 doing something around 55 in a 30 zone and only got a stern telling off.

Campbell SOUP
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWIM had a zxr400 that he was meant to restrict. He bought the restrictors and scanned the certificate for proof of restriction for the insurers. After 2 weeks the restrictors had just... fallen out!

However he was young and dumb and maybe shouldn't have bought an i4 knowing full well they don't restrict nicely being all top-end.. you've got yourself a nice thumpy L-Twin which will have more than enough poke low down I imagine, so I'd just wait it out. Try not to think about it too much, there's more to biking than the apparent amount of horesepower you've got!

I don't genuinely believe saying 'SWIM' will free me of incrimination BTW

Blueberry
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 19 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be riding without insurance, even third-party, because it's a vehicle for which you don't have a valid licence. Third-party insurance only applies to motorcycles for which you have a license (other A2 bikes).

carvell wrote:

If it were me I'd leave the restrictors in and count down the days to removing them, rather than just having everything all at once because you were impatient.

This. I'd leave in the restrictor.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 222 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2