Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats a good crypto wallet?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:18 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrum for Bitcoin: https://electrum.org/#home

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Pjay?

I'd like to know more about that impending crypto world takeover he was so sure of.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
What happened to Pjay?

I'd like to know more about that impending crypto world takeover he was so sure of.

Prolly bored of responding to trolls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol "-" liked that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
What happened to Pjay?

Prolly bored of responding to trolls.

That's no fun, I was hoping he'd built a castle somewhere with all the bitcoin winnings and left us mere plebs behind Very Happy
ArtezW This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 02 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You signed up to a motorbike forum for crypto investment advice??

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 02 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
You signed up to a motorbike forum for crypto investment advice??

Well, to be fair, some people sign in to ask a medical advice, and Ste answers their questions! Shocked Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 201 days between these two posts...

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Rogerborg kicks himself at the way he laughed off crypto and Bitcoins in particular?

If he had just purchased instead of laughing, he would be laughing now.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of this bolloks https://opensea.io/

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:31 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
What do you think of this bolloks https://opensea.io/

Just seems like ebay but for digital items.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

Just seems like ebay but for digital items.

Did you check out those "digital items"?

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 20:28 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally think NFTs are a bubble. Some of them have use cases, digital signatures, or ERC-1155 staking vouchers for example that might provide yield generation. A lot of it is trash that's given an agreed-upon value that's open to interpretation, similar to how the value of fine art might be decided but far more abstract and unreasonable (like modern art?).

Anyway, fuck NFTs, and LOL I didn't realise this thread even existed.

Crypto is huge, most people are sleeping, anyone that laughs at it will stay poor whilst anyone capitalising on it now is still early.

And before anyone chimes in to deny that crypto is a financial revolution in the making, crypto's completely changed my life and I don't work my 9-5 anymore. It's just that most people don't know wtf they're doing with it. It's much more vast than imaginary internet coins and shitty overpriced digital artwork.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
crypto's completely changed my life and I don't work my 9-5 anymore.

Congrats Thumbs Up

Are you trading cryptos (day / swing etc) rather than investing, or something else?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:06 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Personally think NFTs are a bubble. Some of them have use cases, digital signatures, or ERC-1155 staking vouchers for example that might provide yield generation. A lot of it is trash that's given an agreed-upon value that's open to interpretation, similar to how the value of fine art might be decided but far more abstract and unreasonable (like modern art?).

Anyway, fuck NFTs, and LOL I didn't realise this thread even existed.

Crypto is huge, most people are sleeping, anyone that laughs at it will stay poor whilst anyone capitalising on it now is still early.

And before anyone chimes in to deny that crypto is a financial revolution in the making, crypto's completely changed my life and I don't work my 9-5 anymore. It's just that most people don't know wtf they're doing with it. It's much more vast than imaginary internet coins and shitty overpriced digital artwork.

Maybe this thread can be used for actual crypto discussions rather than trying responding to n00bish comments.

What are you into?

I am still very confident in Iota after coordicide. It should make a number of other crypto obsolete if it works as expected.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
What are you into?

My BAT stack has started to move after years of flatlining.

I just believe in it and Brave in general. Always a good idea is to buy into what you like, rather than what people tell you to.

That's shit advice though when it comes to BAT, It has performed woefully below my expectations.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
The Artist wrote:
What are you into?

My BAT stack has started to move after years of flatlining.

I just believe in it and Brave in general. Always a good idea is to buy into what you like, rather than what people tell you to.

That's shit advice though when it comes to BAT, It has performed woefully below my expectations.

I like the idea behind BAT/Brave but it is a super congested market and you are fighting with Google.

I only really like coins that can either be stores of value (btc/xmr) or act as a currency (xmr), or IOTA being completely different to almost any other crypto. I do like Eth but scalability keeps getting pushed further away. Always good to hold a little bit of everything though.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I anticipated a drop in the market when the pandemic kickdown hit so slapped in £100 over BTC, ETH and a rather random flutter on KNC last march. I feel a bit like Ive played the disaster capitalist though. Its not a serious thing for me but I have become interested in how crypto has genuine practical worth but its so difficult digging down to find out what the real value is if any operation is. An interesting one I found is NMR Numerai, its a token used to power a bunch of data scientists trying to use AI algorithm to predict stocks. There's a real bottom line to gauge which seems to make sense rather than something like Cardano which seems to be all hype but damned hard to see a real profitable business prospect.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I anticipated a drop in the market when the pandemic kickdown hit so slapped in £100 over BTC, ETH and a rather random flutter on KNC last march. I feel a bit like Ive played the disaster capitalist though. Its not a serious thing for me but I have become interested in how crypto has genuine practical worth but its so difficult digging down to find out what the real value is if any operation is. An interesting one I found is NMR Numerai, its a token used to power a bunch of data scientists trying to use AI algorithm to predict stocks. There's a real bottom line to gauge which seems to make sense rather than something like Cardano which seems to be all hype but damned hard to see a real profitable business prospect.

So many good projects but so few that actually warrant a token worth actual money.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

So many good projects but so few that actually warrant a token worth actual money.

Maybe BCF can move to Decentraland then we can make a killing flogging virtual motorbikes Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:59 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people have to say about https://fetch.ai/ and FET tokens?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Interesting and based in Oxford UK but little on specifics of what business they're doing. They may be doing some work with BOSCH but I bet BOSCH are always doing stuff with all sorts of little outfits but with no real contracts that tie them in to a long term profitable relationship.

It's like railway companies in the 19th century, hundreds of them, great technology with a future as became clear but most of them went bust.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:11 - 05 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Another cool project. I did some digging on the main founder, seems like a smart guy and has a few AI businesses going.

Investing in the token would be super high risk due to the risk of complete business failure though. The token is entirely reliant on the business actually working and also, enough people wanting to actually use it that causes the demand of the FET token to go up.

Probably single digit (or even less) chance of that happening. Although the market isn't running on logic yet, it is all still hype/speculation. Only a handful of products are being used in the real world that utilise DLT well.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 05 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

Another cool project. I did some digging on the main founder, seems like a smart guy and has a few AI businesses going.

Investing in the token would be super high risk due to the risk of complete business failure though. The token is entirely reliant on the business actually working and also, enough people wanting to actually use it that causes the demand of the FET token to go up.

Probably single digit (or even less) chance of that happening. Although the market isn't running on logic yet, it is all still hype/speculation. Only a handful of products are being used in the real world that utilise DLT well.

The trouble with an academic is what if he gets bored with it and just wants to zip off in some other intellectual direction? You need to find companies where there's evidence of a real long term commitment.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 49 of 58