Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 02 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I still think that she nearly got taken nasally in today's panic readjustment.
Blimey, I used to get told off for only putting a finger up my nose.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 02 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my gears should be ground by the fact that I rode off with my chain still padlocked round the back wheel.
But they were not.

They should also be ground because I did it in front of the military type.
But they were not.

In fact what I was most gears-ground about was the fact that the rest of the pub saw me do it too.

And I had just impressed half of them by tucking my dress into my jeans, starting up the Snarley and swinging my leg over in what I thought was a rakish kind of way.

Brick Wall tw@t tw@t tw@t Brick Wall
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:27 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Today my gears should be ground by the fact that I rode off with my chain still padlocked round the back wheel.
But they were not.

They should also be ground because I did it in front of the military type.
But they were not.

In fact what I was most gears-ground about was the fact that the rest of the pub saw me do it too.

And I had just impressed half of them by tucking my dress into my jeans, starting up the Snarley and swinging my leg over in what I thought was a rakish kind of way.

Brick Wall tw@t tw@t tw@t Brick Wall
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
There used to be a MacDonalds in Romford in the early 80s, the only one for miles at the time. My mate took a small bulk order from friends and neighbours and asked me to go on the back of his bike to hold the food on the way back. I said "Okay, but no wheelies, I'm not going if you keep pulling wheelies., I don't like the wheelies"

"No problem" he said. He was a good boy on the way there.

He parked right outside the big window and we went in got the food and came back out, me with burgers and chips wedged inside my jacket and a large milkshake in one hand. I had just got on and settled when the fecker did a big pull away wheelie and we went up for a brief second and then crashed over onto our side, milkshake everywhere, but mostly over me.....right in front of the window with all those little chubby munching faces looking out at us.

He finally killed that bike with a wheelie in front of a load of mods. I don't know why he even did wheelies, he was very bad at them, usually ending up on his arse. That last time it was dark, he rode away from us up the street to turn around and get a run up. The next thing I saw was the bike going past on its back wheel and he followed on a few seconds later sliding along on his knees. The bike proceeded to smash along a line of parked cars and this time it finally said enough is enough and put a large hole in its engine so all the oil could make a break for it.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
chain still padlocked round the back wheel.

[......]

pub

This the bloke near Amesbury? If so hate to add salt but this ain't London, chaining your bike up while in the pub isn't really a necessary thing here.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
I am going to make a collage out of the photos I took of the ones riding against oncoming vehicles and have it on the desk in front of me at all future cycling meetings where the bastards go on about the danger from cars and lorries to the vulnerable user group they represent.

What's this forum coming to?
I can't believe no one has done a "Pics or it didn't happen".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is sad for old Pepperami Crying or Very sad !

We’ve been getting wild bunnies in our garden over the last few days.
We even named one of them ‘Dave’.

This morning we found Dave dead Sad

Sad Pepperami is sad!

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have called him Stu

Too soon?

Last edited by panrider_uk on 09:35 - 04 Aug 2020; edited 1 time in total

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Today is sad for old Pepperami Crying or Very sad !

We’ve been getting wild bunnies in our garden over the last few days.
We even named one of them ‘Dave’.

This morning we found Dave dead Sad

Sad Pepperami is sad!

Happy cat is happy. The circle of life.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
yen_powell wrote:
I am going to make a collage out of the photos I took of the ones riding against oncoming vehicles and have it on the desk in front of me at all future cycling meetings where the bastards go on about the danger from cars and lorries to the vulnerable user group they represent.

I can't believe no one has done a "Pics or it didn't happen".

Were there tits involved?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
hellkat wrote:
chain still padlocked round the back wheel.
[......]
pub

This the bloke near Amesbury? If so hate to add salt but this ain't London, chaining your bike up while in the pub isn't really a necessary thing here.

No it was in Woolwich.
And I was sober. I had only been drinking coffee all afternoon!

Still, I've just been invited for another meet-up, so I can't have been that embarrassing.

Hopefully the Sunday crowd won't be the same crowd as the Wednesday crowd.
Laughing

Last edited by hellkat on 20:12 - 03 Aug 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I can't believe no one has done a "Pics or it didn't happen"

Well he was talking about (presumably lycra clad) cyclists...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but nobody wants to see that Puke

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
yen_powell wrote:

Yes, on bicycles.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the twats out recently..

One guy took exception to me overtaking him at a speed camera. It was a 30 limit, he was doing 10.. As soon as I got along side him he sped up instantly. I had to chicken out (was in car).

And (also in car):
50 limit dual carriageway, a flashy mercedes benz didn't realise I was equalling his left. He indicated then saw me. Then decided to try his best to get infront and squeeze me out- I stood my ground for a little while.

He then took the next turn off within the 200 yard sign. Twat was on the overtaking lane for miles - he had plenty of time to turn off if he wasn't a bell.. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weirdo dog owner* in the park.
My dog goes to meet her dog, her dog clearly kicks off first but because my dog gets the better of things in the issuing scuffle, its all my dog's fault.
I don't loose my rag, instead I inform her that she clearly hasn't understood the situation and that I meet people like her all the time.
This really pushes her buttons. Laughing

*nasty type, lives alone for obvious reasons. Probably.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:
All the twats out recently...

And they're sadly not all cagers. On a ride out with the missus on Sunday, we were coming off a roundabout with a coach and a couple of cars in front, and looking for a safe overtaking opportunity.

Then we all get overtaken by 4 bikes in a line playing follow my leader round a blind bend. Pure luck there was nothing coming the other way.

The coach driver had his hands in the air, shaking his head. I could only agree.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that my new workshop will be big enough.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damaged braided brake lines I returned (contrary to "last thing done to bike" thread comments) were refunded, and the seller re-listed them with the same one picture as before with "great working condition" as the description.

Amazing. No guarantee that the already broken braiding wouldn't expand under use over a period of time and.. well.. you get the rest.

Some people. Laughing

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I loaned my small car to a friend of the GF, it was returned after 2 months with only 2 days left on the MOT.
I parked it up and forgot about it as we have another car, this week it's use has been required so today it went for MOT.

It has been kerbed, badly enough to bend a lower wishbone, track rod, pull off a drop link and fuck the tyre.

Also completely empty of fuel.

Brick Wall Mad

It will not be being loaned out again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister & Bro in law's car has been totaled.

They went in to a restaurant and came out to find some kind friend of humanity had driven straight into their parked car.
I'm not saying alcohol/drugs involved but must have been a fair rate of knots. From the picture it's utter carnage and bear in mind their totaled car was a Volvo.

Insurance up for renawal in a few days. They've had to advise of the accident, and premium gone up £250. For the crime of being in a restaurant.

As I've said, legalised theft Thumbs Up

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay. I bought an item of PPE from seller. It was faulty, they sent a replacement, also faulty, but worse. I sent photos, they acuse me of being a liar. Therefore I left accurate negative feedback "item faulty, replacement faulty". Nothing insulting or abusive about that but, it has been removed!
Phoned manufacturer, they sent me a good one.

Ebay tip - avoid sellers that have many revised feedbacks showing in the top right of their feedback profile.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Sister & Bro in law's car has been totaled.

They went in to a restaurant and came out to find some kind friend of humanity had driven straight into their parked car.
I'm not saying alcohol/drugs involved but must have been a fair rate of knots. From the picture it's utter carnage and bear in mind their totaled car was a Volvo.

Insurance up for renawal in a few days. They've had to advise of the accident, and premium gone up £250. For the crime of being in a restaurant.

As I've said, legalised theft Thumbs Up

Gutting. No fault should be no fault. How the fcuk can they say because your sisters car was hit while she ws having a meal means she is more of a risk is utter bollox.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 07 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
How the fcuk can they say because your sisters car was hit while she ws having a meal means she is more of a risk is utter bollox.

Cos from the insco's point of view, people who park their cars in places where they are likely to be clobbered by other vehicles makes them a higher risk than people who don't, innnit.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 07 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to have 5 bags of shopping rescanned because my scanner didn't pick up on a 80p packet of fudding biscuits.
The self scan assistant looked at us like she'd just caught the great train robbers ffs.
Sainsbury's can gtf if they think I'll be buying more than 1 bag full of shopping in future.

Raging.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 07 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Having to have 5 bags of shopping rescanned because my scanner didn't pick up on a 80p packet of fudding biscuits.
The self scan assistant looked at us like she'd just caught the great train robbers ffs.
Sainsbury's can gtf if they think I'll be buying more than 1 bag full of shopping in future.

Raging.

Good thing she never saw the playstation with the bunch of bananas price sticker on it. Whistle
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 610 of 698