Forum is getting old

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 12 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

I know when younger lads at work are ogling my bikes, when I tell them what they need to actually do and what age they need to be to ride my GSXR, they lose all interest infront of your eyes and proceed to wax lyrical about their shit eco-boost shopping cart Sad

I have this issue.
Had a full bike licence for 10 years, lost it with the car, haven't ridden a motorbike in 5+ years and have been debating getting back on but don't really need to - so why?
Got an eBike for local travel, zero costs really once you buy it or training and I can store it virtually anywhere. I *always* wanted a '99 R6, getting a cheap one is the only reason I would go through my bike test again but it's all expense. The buzz of the weekend hoons isn't enough to make me spend 2-3k to get on one.

I can carry friends and move stuff with a car, so I could get a fairly nippy shitbox for half the cost but double the use.

Polarbear wrote:

Most youngsters don't seem to live in the same world I do though. Facebook is as real to them as real life is.
It is, because it is.

I have a few select BCFers on FB and a few work peoples, so online is my extension of real life.
When something goes out, it is seen by my actual people and has consequences, when someone has a spat on here, they are only connected here, easy to walk away from and ignore it, knowing the chances of actually meeting them from 200 miles away is slim.
I have never knowingly posted anything here I wouldn't say in person, but many people don't behave that way.
Look at the jamie stokes topic from back in the day, he got shit loads of abuse until some local guys met him and found he was alright.

Lord Percy wrote:
To be honest I think Facebook is past its time now too. It's all about instagram, snapchat and tiktok these days, and I feel like an 'old person' for having zero interest in joining those things.

Either way, it just seems like a load of mega-entities vying for all the users. The internet heyday is over.
Fb won't be past its time for probably a decade, it will adapt and gobble up newer things to remain the ad giant and industry influencer it is.
If Fb had that bigger vulnerability, then all the firms recently pulling their budget would have seen Zucker take a step back, rather than shrug it off.

Polarbear wrote:
I think in the future people will live in a semi virtual world as 3D stuff gets more and more realistic.

Maybe not quite up to the Matrix level but certainly in a Ready Player One parallel virtual reality world.

The internet has barely got off and running.
Agreed.

I suspect that until there's a clear way that consumers drive the future, it will hover undecided because nobody spends a fortune in a direction of change without any guarantees, everyone learned from BetaMax - looking at the current progress of ATMOS sound and LCD replacing green screen though? virtual environment is going to be huge, before ecommerce within that then starts.

panrider_uk wrote:
Because of their use of (and frequent loss of) personal data I won't use any of the social media sites.

So what is the difference between facebook, instagram etc.
Why would you use one ove another?
Uses?
Lots. They all have different approaches of the same game, getting your time.

TikTok is going to be huge, bigger than instagram and snap because it's the next level of involvement, they got lucky with lockdown but even before that, the guys behind Netflix/AirBnB said it will likely be the bigger platform yet besides fb.
Fb won't do the same, it doesn't need to, but nobody needs to be on them all.
I have never made an insta story, never used snapchat, use whatsapp purely for business and i'm not missing out on anything.

As for data, I don't have anything to lose, just make sure the password is slightly different for each site, I have nothing worth the risk.

Also, I never got back to a gold blob, which is slightly offensive considering when I do pop my head around the door, I stay clear of the drama.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 12 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is dying Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 12 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:

I have a few select BCFers on FB

A select cohort of class acts Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 12 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
This forum is dying Sad

You dolt, it's just the summer.
For heavens sake, even I'm out on my bike Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:37 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
This forum is dying Sad

Tested Positive for Covedude?

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:26 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
bhinso wrote:
This forum is dying Sad

Tested Positive for Covedude?

Or now negative for MHP 4by2 (Whatever gets was called, you know who I mean!) but fortunately with a residual amount of Milfhunter?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:14 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
you know who I mean

Ah yes, you must be meaning Donk who turned out to be a notorious Dirty Bertie?

1198 wrote:
Milfhunter

Who is also a Dirty Bertie despite not quite as dirty as Donk.

It has been foretold that one day there will be a Dirty Bertie who is even Bertier and dirtier than Donk. Shocked

Rain

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Mr Hetzer, don’t you despise the rich?

Despise all who are richer or poorer is the way to go. Rolling Eyes Laughing

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't checked in on 125ccsb properly for a few years but it's still there. This place is fine.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:50 - 13 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Haven't checked in on 125ccsb properly for a few years but it's still there.

Can't see it lasting much longer. Laughing

No posts in any of their forums today.
The last time a bike for sale was posted was on the 10th of April 2017.
There's been one post in their general bike chat forum so far this month.
On the first page of off topic chat threads, the thread at the bottom of that page is from 2015.
They've got no shortage of spam threads which haven't been deleted. Most of the even vaguely recent threads on there have no replies.

All in all, it appears to be as alive as George Floyd.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most users online at once was 723 on 21:22 - 10 Apr 2020. 36,000 users are considered active
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

35,997 now - they're dropping like flies

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
35,997 now - they're dropping like flies
It's okay, we just get less in because they are all 2 metres apart.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this forum came here in feb 2005 after i bought a cd bike manual from Korn and he sent me the link to his forum.

Im not on as much as i used to but i still check on at least once a week, once upon a time id be on about 3 or times per day.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5