Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the sort that Lewis Hamilton used to have?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. A fortnight's quarantine is again required of those returning from Spain after midnight tonight.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Well. A fortnight's quarantine is again required of those returning from Spain after midnight tonight.

I assume they mean self policed isolation and make your own way home using train taxi or whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC Retired folk and families in campervans and caravans?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-53544543

Oh, that sort of caravan site Laughing
https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/mid-wales/welshpool/2020/07/24/call-to-respect-privacy-of-corona-victims/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

From the bbc's web page:

🛈 Why you can trust BBC News

HOLLOW LAUGH

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

I assume they mean self policed isolation and make your own way home using train taxi or whatever.

Yep.
\so they will be off to the supermarket etc as they will have no food in..

Should be kept in Airport hotels until they have done the 14 days and tested clear.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone sat through that banned video from the "Front Line Doctors" ?

Not quite sure what their hang up is about hydroxychloroquine. Unfortunately they went in a bit strong on this - which is why the video's been banned - but there's quite a lot of other interesting things said that were not related to the drug.

For example: kids' mortality rate for Covid is so low it's not worth mentioning with regards to kids going back to school. Now that discussion is verboten due to its association with this video. The teaching unions are thus free to continue their policy of #DefundThePolice as a pre-requisite to school reopening.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Anyone sat through that banned video from the "Front Line Doctors" ?

Not quite sure what their hang up is about hydroxychloroquine. Unfortunately they went in a bit strong on this - which is why the video's been banned - but there's quite a lot of other interesting things said that were not related to the drug.

For example: kids' mortality rate for Covid is so low it's not worth mentioning with regards to kids going back to school. Now that discussion is verboten due to its association with this video. The teaching unions are thus free to continue their policy of #DefundThePolice as a pre-requisite to school reopening.

What is this about? I have not even heard of "Front Line Doctors", although hydroxychloroquine (also in conjunction with other substances) has been, as far as I am aware, written off as actually being worse than useless. Where was "the video" banned from? What was the video?

Also, as far as I know, it has been very well known for months (since mid-February) that children have an absolutely minute chance of dying of the virus or COVID-19; however, like anyone else, they can get the virus and pass it on, which is the perceived problem.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send kids back to school. Open the economy. Do what has to be done.

I'm a vulnerable old fart, so it's my responsibility to protect myself, no one elses. My only point would be give me enough knowledge to make sensible decisions.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:08 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Breibart owned video so it's not exactly what most people would consider a reputable source. Wink

Here it is if you want a dose of crazy: https://banned.video/watch?id=5f1fc7a468370e02f29f34cf

'America's Frontline Doctors' are a group set up 12 days ago. https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/

BBC article about the video: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53559938

gizmodo article about it:

"A group calling itself “America’s Frontline Doctors” held a press conference in Washington, D.C. on Monday, falsely declaring that there is a cure for covid-19—hydroxychloroquine—and it was was being suppressed by the world’s leading health experts. The group’s videos were seen by millions on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, before they were pulled down overnight for spreading misinformation. But who are these people and what do they want?

In short, they’re pro-Trump ideologues who are pushing unproven science during a pandemic that’s so far infected over 4.3 million Americans and killed more than 148,000.

Strangely enough, “America’s Frontline Doctors” also appear to have ties to the Trump regime. In fact, one person who spoke at the press conference on Monday was at the White House for a roundtable discussion just a couple of weeks ago and Trump promoted multiple videos from the group on his Twitter account. It’s also no surprise that many of them have appeared on Fox News in recent months, the president’s favorite TV channel.

“America’s Frontline Doctors” want American medical professionals to use hydroxychloroquine to treat covid-19 patients, something that they insist will save lives. In reality, the drug has seen only mixed success and some studies show that it can actually harm people with the disease. Remdesivir has shown more positive results as a therapeutic drug but it’s not being touted by President Donald Trump in the same way for some unknown reason. Trump even told reporters in May he took the drug as a preventative measure. As the FDA has established, the drug does not cure covid-19.

Below, we have a rundown of some of the people who spoke at yesterday’s press conference for “America’s Frontline Doctors” and how they make their living during this pandemic. Most are actually doctors, but not all of them are currently practicing medicine—like the guy who currently makes his money promoting bitcoin. Seriously.

Dr. Stella Immanuel
Dr. Stella Immanuel is a doctor in Texas who has, let’s say, unorthodox views on just about everything in life. Immanuel received her medical license as recently as November, according to the Washington Post, and believes in a conspiracy theory that world leaders are secretly lizards who are dressed up in human suits."

Oh. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
believes in a conspiracy theory that world leaders are secretly lizards who are dressed up in human suits.[/b]"

Oh come on! We've known that for years.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Here it is if you want a dose of crazy: https://banned.video/watch?id=5f1fc7a468370e02f29f34cf

'America's Frontline Doctors' are a group set up 12 days ago. https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/
In short, they’re pro-Trump ideologues who are pushing
“America’s Frontline Doctors” want American medical professionals to use hydroxychloroquine to treat covid-19 patients, something that they insist will save lives. In reality, the drug has seen only mixed success and some studies show that it can actually harm people with the disease. Remdesivir has shown more positive results as a therapeutic drug but

O, for God's sake! I couldn't watch all the foilhattery of the video. No wonder it was removed.

Trump idealogues? It's very sad when political idealism usurps reality.

Hydroxychloroquine has been shown to increase death rate in COVID-19 sufferers.

Remdesivir has been shown to shorten the recovery time of those with severe COVID-19, but to have no effect on people with less severe cases, and not to change the death rate, so basically it's a money-saver (although the price has been jacked up over there).

Sometimes I despair.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it took 17 million views before Facebook clocked what was going on and got it wiped off of YouTube, Twitter etc. I don't know which is worse: the censorship or the fact it takes so many views to get the censors' attention?

Being zapped from YouTube seems to be a badge of honour in some circles "...must be onto something 'cos they tried to suppress it!" No one every considers The Streisand Effect Sad

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:58 - 31 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So extra lockdown measures announced in northern England, including Greater Manchester (where I live). Frustrating as my wife has been meeting the odd friend for a socially distanced brew in the garden to help keep her company with the newborn now I'm back at work, but all that stops now. Frustrating really; it's not the original restrictions that were inadequate but rather the inability of people to follow them that's lead to a further lockdown. Given they seemed incapable of enforcing it before I've no idea how they're going to do it now.

There's also speculation about the timing coinciding with an event where traditionally families would be meeting up in large numbers. Coincidence?
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:37 - 31 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
[wall of sperg]

Are you related to a guy called Adam Aarons?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 31 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cut'n'paste from some nutjob website.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:08 - 31 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full moon on Monday.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:16 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7rJp2Tx7vc

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:15 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
it's not the original restrictions that were inadequate but rather the inability of people to follow them that's lead to a further lockdown. Given they seemed incapable of enforcing it before I've no idea how they're going to do it now.

There's also speculation about the timing coinciding with an event where traditionally families would be meeting up in large numbers. Coincidence?

My Hairdresser lives in Keighley, but does not work there. While walking round the town. Despite hairdressers having to wear PPE mask/visor. He noted that not one of them were or that any of the customer did not & that they were all sat as they used to do next to each other, & not waiting outside....
Suffice to say they were in the BAME groups.

Then you hear that these are the most at risk groups....

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 07 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:

I think one of the reasons that BAME groups often seem to have little regard for their risk group is many come from countries where the prospect of insta-death is the norm, whether from disease or war or any of the other great ways the world can supply ways to die. They're just used to it. Lifes cheap in may parts of the world and that mentality travels as quickly as any virus.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 07 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
iooi wrote:

I think one of the reasons that BAME groups often seem to have little regard for their risk group is many come from countries where the prospect of insta-death is the norm, whether from disease or war or any of the other great ways the world can supply ways to die. They're just used to it. Lifes cheap in may parts of the world and that mentality travels as quickly as any virus.

Tottenham or Luton aren't that bad!

Joking aside, Most BAME in UK are born here, brought up here so why would they have that sort of attitude?

I'm not even sure its a valid argument anyway as I have seen people panic when they get the slightest cut because of the risk of infection in some of these countries. Its only someone else's life that is regarded as cheap.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 07 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Joking aside, Most BAME in UK are born here, brought up here so why would they have that sort of attitude?

You're correct of course. Its not like any young BAME club members today are moaning about events of hundreds of years ago.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:40 - 08 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAME groups ( taking out social / living conditions) are no more at risk of this than any other group of people.

That lie needs to be laid to rest right now.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 80 of 172