BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mod 1 Help!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

MoominPants
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:35 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Mod 1 Help! Reply with quote

So - I failed my Mod 1 test for the 2nd time yesterday.
First time I put my foot down on the slalom, pure stupidity on my part & not going fast enough which I hold my hands up for Thumbs Down

Second time I genuinely thought I'd aced it - I did Emergency Stop and got a slight warning speed is a tad on the High Side 60km/h bearing in mind the next exercise is the Hazard Avoidance.

First go at the Hazard Avoidance I was told I was under so have another go - tried again, 20mph around the bend (I even looked at the Bike when you should'nt!) and the bike was reading 32-33mph (51km/h) just before the change of direction at the hazard.

I pulled off the compound and thought I'd passed it to be told I was under the minimum speed required and went through the Speed Trap at 47km/h.

So frustrating as I know I can smash it but it's taking a lot longer than what I anticipated! Neutral Neutral

There is a constant backlog of tests so I have no idea when I can get back in again (people passing mod 1's and mod 2's around me) and in the mean time I am not currently riding a bike on the road to keep my eye in!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bike? A1, A2, A...

MoominPants
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:23 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies - A License (Direct Access) Yamaha MT 07

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time ignore the warning about high speed

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Next time ignore the warning about high speed

Indeed, i did mine at a recorded 82kph, all that i got was a mention (not even a minor) that i could have stopped sooner/shorter had i not been going quite so fast, lol

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MT07?! That's what I had on my test.... jeez those things have plenty of poke and dual front brakes. More than enough for a learner bike!

You'll just have to keep practising. If your school has it's own speed trap try doing it at >55kph instead of 50. (Much as my school had the U-turn space about half a metre narrower than the spec.)

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:16 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my driving licence last week 2 days before I was about to do my mod 1 and 2. Had to postpone 😭

JustinW
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the speed runs with visor open as I found the feel of wind force on face was best indicator of speed. On the controlled stop do ask what speed you did. Even though speed is not important they do have your speed should you ask. This can be used as a feeler for getting around 50kmh.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1