Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Essential travel only - So.......

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:20 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People generally gave distance and the checkouts were well organised with 2M queue markers and distancing form the checkout staff who bagged your shopping while you waited at the packing shelf.

I was very surprised the supermarkets were so well organised. More so in this village where alot are a bit awkward. good to see people here behaving, apart from the teens in the groups.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

, it was still in the period of guidance of social distancing, essential travel.

No shit Sherlock. I provide support services to key workers. Do you need me to explain this to you?

If freight clearance stops, we starve. It's an essential service, which I support the operating of. Pack in the childish point scoring, it's tedious and shows you in a poor light.

I hadn't realised you were a member of the VCMCC too.

I'm no member of any club, I just don't like it when people, whoever they are attempt to bully other people, whilst displaying an appreciable level of hypocrisy. If, you were indeed sending a laptop to a key worker, then, you should be taking additional precautions. For example, did you sanitise the laptop before putting it in the package to send?

As for key workers, as I've already pointed out, I am one, so I have a good understanding of the risks, and what mitigations to take.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
linuxyappy wrote:
More tedious and pointless bitter point scoring

Sleeping

Oh good, you've gone to sleep, might get more sense out of you now. Laughing Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Some people are lucky to have jobs, and some of those plebs I'm sure earned more money than you.

You'll never know chap, but I haven't worked for an employer for a decade and my fridge is quite full. On a side note,
I wonder what crowd control training Tesco gives their rank and file employees? And how they'd react when/if the queue
turns into a mob. It's all very easy to cope with that role when everyone's playing nice. I doubt they are adequately
equipped to handle any kind of resistance or aggro from the masses and it's irresponsible of Tesco to put non trained staff
potentially into harms way like that IMO. Security guards are cheap, (not that Tescos and others like them aren't creaming
it in at the moment and could easily afford them) available and what's more trained to deal with stuff like that. There must be
1000's of doormen not working at the moment with all the clubs and bars shut and it's a task far better suited to the likes of
them than a shelf stacker or till jockey.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I wonder what crowd control training Tesco gives their rank and file employees? And how they'd react when/if the queue
turns into a mob. It's all very easy to cope with that role when everyone's playing nice. I doubt they are adequately
equipped to handle any kind of resistance or aggro from the masses and it's irresponsible of Tesco to put non trained staff
potentially into harms way like that IMO. Security guards are cheap, (not that Tescos and others like them aren't creaming
it in at the moment and could easily afford them) available and what's more trained to deal with stuff like that. There must be
1000's of doormen not working at the moment with all the clubs and bars shut and it's a task far better suited to the likes of
them than a shelf stacker or till jockey.

Well there are thousands of supermarkets across the country and no stories of riots in any car parks yet.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Well there are thousands of supermarkets across the country and no stories of riots in any car parks yet.

Wait till it starts raining...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

Wait till it starts raining...

Then countless millions of motorcyclists will die...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
...went to Aldi on Wednesday and it was OK to be honest.

That's nice.
Is it usually the case there that honesty is frowned upon?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:51 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:

If freight clearance stops, we starve.

Is that not handled by a huge multinational corporation called Descartes?

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrs had someone start moaning when she offered to take someones shopping to their car the other day

the person in question had been pushed over in a supermarket and had broken ribs and a fractured wrist she was in quite a bit of pain but had to get some bits and pieces

mrs works for aldi and was on a check out at the time so offered to carry the bag of shopping for her

bloke two people behind starts mouthing off that he is in a rush and she shouldn't be getting off the till and she must be fucking joking, stupid bitch , etc etc,

manager was on next till turned round and said" well you will be in even more of a rush now as you are going to have to go to elsewere" and refused to serve him

manners cost nothing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mouthy c**t could have done it whilst his trolley sat in line. Not like he had anything better to do is it.

Glad it cost him his shopping - sadly he won't have learned anything from it.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

manager was on next till turned round and said" well you will be in even more of a rush now as you are going to have to go to elsewere" and refused to serve him

manners cost nothing

Good Thumbs Up

Hope it makes him think about his behaviour and be a nicer person - but in reality it'll probably just make him more bitter; tough thing to break is a sense of entitlement.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 31 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
Remember the Chinese Doctor who blew the whistle on this, then was visited by China's secret police and suddenly apparently died of it shortly after?

There was a second Dr who was also trying to raise awareness early on who has now "disappeared". No one knows where she's gone....

The longer this goes on, the more I find myself disliking the Chinese government.
davidgills22 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:01 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidgills22 wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:
Nothing stopping you going food/pet/medical/hardware shopping on the bike, better & safer than using public transport

You said completely right buddy. It safe to shop using our own bike. Before Covid i haven't my own bike. I generally prefer Amazon for my most of shopping and get small stuff using public transport.

I recently purchased Schwinn Meridian Adult Trike as it was good for shopping. I struggle to finding a trusted bike transporting service due to covid. But after some forum results i know that these three are available trusted bike transported in my location.

https://www.bikeflights.com/
https://citizenshipper.com/motorcycle-transportation
https://www.sendmybag.com/bike-shipping

After checking best pricing for mu bike shipping, i place my shipment and get my bike with full safety.

I didn't go for amazon because i have some sort of doubt on their safety for Covid. As i of our neighbour got positive and he don't go anywhere and just order things from amazon.

Now i easily shop using my bike.

If i got any prob related to my bike then i will surly take your time.

*spam alert* *spam alert*

You know this is a motorcycle forum, right? and it's UK based... right?
davidgills22 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidgills22 wrote:
Sorry buddy, i doesn't check its Uk based

UK based does not matter. These forums are used by people from all sorts of places, including the USA, and the dislike of spammers seems universal.

HTH.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:09 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

UK based does not matter. These forums are used by people from all sorts of places, including the USA, and the dislike of spammers seems universal.

HTH.

Well, it's also usually good to research if your spam will actually work on the forum you've gone to the effort of joining - So it's a triple miss in this case.

Oh... actually... you resurrected an old thread too... so it's a Quadruple miss! Rolling Eyes

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidgills22 wrote:
If i got any prob related to my bike then i will surly take your time.

That's not very nice.

No one likes surly people Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5