BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BSB 2020

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 11 Jun 2020    Post subject: BSB 2020 Reply with quote

BSB up and running in August apparently!

Sauce

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 11 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news (he said tentatively).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 26 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hijack of thread alert...

After heading up to olivers mount the other week, I've gotten a taste for two-wheeled racing action. Stuck the bsb review on this evening, as the 2nd of the barry sheene classic programs was on straight after (itv4). Have to say, I was hooked. Loads of action, seems pretty open in terms of competition. Looks like a decent series and if each meet is shown on itv4, it'll be easy to keep up to date with (we don't have any of the fancy subscription services). Even looking further ahead and the ticket prices etc make it pretty accessible for attending in person, either on the bike with a tent or as a day-trip for the local tracks.

So, who are the heros, who are the nobs, etc etc. I do like to root for specific teams/riders, but don't want to end up supporting someone who is a dickhead. Naturally I want to support the ducatis, given I own one, but from watching the Snetterton meet, I couldn't help rooting for Lee Jackson. Pointers etc on following the series will be rewarded with karma cookies as per usual, and maybe even a coffee if we bump into each other at a race meet.

Cheers

TL:DR
Watched my first motorcycle racing, enjoyed it so will try and follow BSB. Looking for info/pointers.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've joined at the changing of the guard.
Pity you'll be waiting until next year to witness Cadwell Park but there is Oulton Park which in my opinion is up there with the best circuits in the world.

The Irwins are on the new Fireblades which with the new tyre size this year are right at the front of things...truth be told they'd be forcing their way to front even on scooters.

Bridewell, when the bike is how he likes it will be a challenger.
Brookes (was the bad-boy) may be one of the old guard but he's another class rider. No mean feat when the bikes have no traction control.
Ray (bespectacled) is regaining his confidence and fast as.
Iddon... MacKenzie (smiling assassin ...has lots of bad luck)

Watch the grid interviews and take your pick from any of the world class internationals.

The support classes are entertaining...right from the junior class and sidecars to the supersport and Ducati Tri-options cup.

MotoGP riders...World Superbike riders...Man in a van riders...TT riders.

Open paddock too so it's easy to meet the racers.
Best National series in the world.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Pat. Certainly appears a very entertaining series. 3 races, 3 different winners. Saw Bridewell having a moan about his bike. Seems the Ducatis and Hondas had the pace, dukes more so in a straight-line. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will try and keep up to date. Silverstone next eh...

Saw Lee Johnston racing at Olivers Mount the other week and spotted his pink lid on the telly in the supersport race. He can fairly ride his bike. No one came close to him at scarbrough.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 27 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a bit like the other road racers, watched (tv) some brilliant battles between him and Harrison at the Ulster and at the TT (rl).
Yeah the road racers can pull something out of the hat on the circuits but it's rare they win a race but I see Hickman makes the top 10 on a regular basis.
He (Lee) always gives good interview too.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITV4 8pm tonight for highlights.

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

No spectators at Oulton! Was looking at tickets yesterday as well, given I've got that weekend off.

Ryde looked pretty unstoppable on that suzuki... What happened to the hondas? They weren't lacking in pace, so did they run out of rubber? Thought Brookes was gonna have the second race. Can't believe I haven't got into BSB before!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1