Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

particulate pollution

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: particulate pollution Reply with quote

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/353127/traffic-not-key-contributor-air-pollution-study-finds

Quote:
“This suggests that vehicles aren’t an important cause of this very harmful type of air pollution in Scotland, and people may be at greater risk from poor air quality in their own homes, especially where cooking and smoking is taking place in enclosed and poorly ventilated spaces.”

I'm sure our increasingly airtight homes must often have appalling air quality if it were tested.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:47 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are so many points of view on this. Just like one minute eating 'XXX' is good for you, the next it isn't. Thing is, any thing put forward that doesn't push the demise of the ICE is going to get ignored now.

As far as house ventilation goes, it strikes me as rather fcuked up that there are more stringent rules about the amount of ventilation on my boat than there is on my house.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm sure there are so many points of view on this. Just like one minute eating 'XXX' is good for you, the next it isn't. Thing is, any thing put forward that doesn't push the demise of the ICE is going to get ignored now.

As far as house ventilation goes, it strikes me as rather fcuked up that there are more stringent rules about the amount of ventilation on my boat than there is on my house.

Its your canibol farm that requires most ventilation (Plant Welfare regulations)
The Carbon Neutral Gardner-Petter is not of any significant concern.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

I'm sure our increasingly airtight homes must often have appalling air quality if it were tested.

Especially just after I've had a curry. The number of canaries I've gone through!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
doggone wrote:

Especially just after I've had a curry. The number of canaries I've gone through!

Murderer Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:44 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Thing is, any thing put forward that doesn't push the demise of the ICE is going to get ignored now.

One significant issue with the demise of ICE vehicles is that the tax revenue from fuel would need to be milked from a different cash cow.

According to an IFS article from October last year, revenue from fuel duties now stands at £28 billion a year, which is 1.3% of national income.

The total bill for the furlough scheme is going to be somewhere in the region of £100bn so at this point, I can't see the government being too bothered about gas guzzlers.

Are vegan cars acceptable to the XR rabble?

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:35 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/353127/traffic-not-key-contributor-air-pollution-study-finds

Quote:
“This suggests that vehicles aren’t an important cause of this very harmful type of air pollution in Scotland, and people may be at greater risk from poor air quality in their own homes, especially where cooking and smoking is taking place in enclosed and poorly ventilated spaces.”

Whoever said that should be forced to walk up and down union street in Glasgow for a week.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Scotland is a good example for anything.

For example, a major problem in Scotland is people injecting alcohol into their eyeballs (it's the quickest way to get drunk).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:15 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I'm not sure Scotland is a good example for anything.

For example, a major problem in Scotland is people injecting alcohol into their eyeballs (it's the quickest way to get drunk).

It could be a problem but statistically not a major one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodka_eyeballing#:~:text=Vodka%20eyeballing%20is%20the%20practice,the%20region%20into%20the%20bloodstream.

Most environmental and societal damage in Scotland is probably due to wee Ned guys injecting their spore into their slags.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Most environmental and societal damage in Scotland is probably due to wee Ned guys injecting their spore into their slags.

Tut Tut

You've probably said enough there for the Wee Krankie to have you executed for hate speech.

#NLM
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Rated informative because today I learnt that's how Eyeball Paul got his name.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
doggone wrote:

Have you tried goat, they tend to be quite resilient? You get far more curries per goat and there's no plucking to do...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:55 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
there's no plucking to do...

Why are you not going to pluck the goat?

If it's got mohair or cashmere then you don't want the hair to go to waste because people will pay you good money for it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Have you tried goat, they tend to be quite resilient?

They won't fit in the cage.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 13 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
there's no plucking to do...

If it's got mohair or cashmere then you don't want the hair to go to waste because people will pay you good money for it.

I wouldn't pluck my own goat because that's the help's job. Laughing
As for chickenstrip, I don't think we have to worry about him stumping up for Angora's and he really should comb or shear if he want's the Cashmere but first he needs a bigger cage. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: particulate pollution Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
They won't fit in the cage.

"When the Fox hears the Rabbit scream he comes a-runnin', but not to help."

(Chickenstrip in Silence of the Lambs)

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Off topic, but hey-ho...

There is a town near where I live called Todmorden. It is famous for goat-shagging. Environmental Health and the RSPCA receive regular complaints from residents kept awake at night by the bleating of penetrated goats, but can't do anything about it because the source of the noise is temporary and irregular, so the perpetrators are never caught in the act.

Totally off-topic, its other claims to fame are poor Elvis impersonators, a bloke who used to mug women for their shoes and Harold Shipman. A great night out!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

Off topic, but hey-ho...

There is a town near where I live called Todmorden. It is famous for goat-shagging. Environmental Health and the RSPCA receive regular complaints from residents kept awake at night by the bleating of penetrated goats, but can't do anything about it because the source of the noise is temporary and irregular, so the perpetrators are never caught in the act.

Totally off-topic, its other claims to fame are poor Elvis impersonators, a bloke who used to mug women for their shoes and Harold Shipman. A great night out!

Tripadvisor says there are 26 things to do in Todmorton but doesn't list goat shagging as one of them. Crying or Very sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:42 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Tripadvisor says there are 26 things to do in Todmorton but doesn't list goat shagging as one of them. Crying or Very sad

It's an off menu item. You can find it if you know where to look...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do the muppets at TripAdvisor know? They clearly haven't stepped out of The Blue Note at 3.00 am looking for love Shocked

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 15 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/saipXcS.jpg

Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1