BCF: Bike Chat Forums

McDonalds

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: McDonalds Reply with quote

I've noticed since they've reopened the massive queues at the drive throughs in some cases obstructing traffic. I'm totally at a loss to understand why people want to queue for not an inconsiderable amount of time for some over priced, soggy barely warm burger that looks nothing like it does on the adverts.

I do eat there occasionally but its usually out of necessity. They usually aren't all that filling and they definitely aren't all that tasty, can some one explain the appeal of MuckyD's

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deliver fast food for a living;
I am astounded at the amount of McDonald's orders that ping on my app, there are some cracking independents in my town, that make great food.

I reject 99% of the McDonald's orders. The staff generally treat me like crap, and don't pack the orders properly.

Also, if I ever do accept a McDonald's order and can't find the address, it'll be the house with no door number, broken doorbell, messing letter flap, gate off hinges and half a washing machine in the front garden etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:20 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if you have kids it's a thing Thinking I'd much rather skip half a dozen Maccy D's and pay a visit to my local GBK.

<edit> grammar

Last edited by Easy-X on 11:42 - 28 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:28 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mc-Nasties , meh! It doesn’t appeal to me so I can’t answer that.
If I never ate another Mc-Nasty , I wouldn’t shed a tear.
And I’d never queue up for that muck.

Talking of trash food: KFC/Unlucky Fried Kitten , I don’t mind some now and again.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:33 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I deliver fast food for a living;
I am astounded at the amount of McDonald's orders that ping on my app, there are some cracking independents in my town, that make great food.

That's another thing I'll never understand McDeliver, its barely edible when there fresh, let alone when its been bashed about for 20mins in one of insulated bags Sick

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it is with the place either. Coming home from the city after a few beers every now and then my train would go from Liverpool St and there's a big Maccies there; and after a few beers all I'd want to do is get in there and grab a couple of double cheeseburgers before legging it down the platform.

Even when I've been pissed up it's never tasted good. Yet for whatever reason, I seem to repeat the same mistake again and again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:02 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot, cheap, consistant, high sugar/carb food.
Don't need to be a genius to figure out why they are so popular.

Saying that, the main meals always disappoint me but I do like the breakfast.

Double sausage with no egg and then whack a hashbrown in the middle.

Last edited by The Artist on 10:00 - 28 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely have it, but when I do, I always enjoy it.

Growing up I was only ever allowed to have it once or twice a year, so it's always been a treat food. High fat/high sugar - all the things the body loves. My household generally eats very healthily, scratch cooking most days (I like cooking, especially since saving 3 hours of commuting by WFH most days) - so maybe that's why I enjoy McDonald's food more when I have it? Dunno. But I certainly wouldn't be out queueing for it.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:57 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Enfield codgers meet up for a ride, it's typically a MaccyD as a starting point. It's the law that I have to have a DubbleSossidgaNegg McMuthhaFukka. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've had one this year.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a Mcbreakfast after an early gym session, had one only yesterday. Drive thru is so busy because people would
prefer to sit in comfort in a private space than having to stand outside in a queue whilst wearing a mask,
just to queue again inside whilst still wearing a mask in a restaurant full of unmasked people having their eat-in food, while
you wait once again for your food to materialise. If there's a queue outside then I'll just go home and make food there instead. Eat in
is a dead loss now so it's takeaway only for me. I often come out with my food (customised triple sausage, double egg
muffin, no butter. Adding another patty and egg only costs 80p extra) and walk past the same car that's only moved up
2 or 3 spaces in the time I've gone in, ordered, waited, waited some more and got out again with my grub. That said,
take away seems to be the fastest and least painful method to get Mcfed these days.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it for the occasional coffee on a cold bike ride, plus the obligatory McPiss and McDump.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:46 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I use it for the occasional coffee on a cold bike ride, plus the obligatory McPiss and McDump.

The correct term is a McShit and run

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Diggs wrote:

The correct term is a McShit and run

Really? I though it was a 'McShite with lies' having suggested to the counter staff you'll be back to order in a minute. Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like McDonalds if I want something quick that's cheap and filling. There's one in the Asda near work so I usually buy something from there maybe twice a week.
I try to visit different places for real meals now as I realised when I was on holiday that I either ate at a Weatherspoons or McDonalds most of the time Laughing

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Sausage Egg McMuffin meal is the best hangover food, beats even a Full English. Add an extra hash brown and two bottles of OJ for even better.

Job jobbed.

I'd queue in the drive-thru for that on a Sunday Morning, I'd hazard a guess that the queue is 50% bleary-eyed questionably 'too hungover to be driving' people, and 50% dads taking their lads to Football/Rugby training.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheer cheap convenience food.
If you have to queue for ages, it's not convenient anymore.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't eat there because I know that you lot have had your dirty hands on the door-handles, and I'm not convinced you all wash after your turn-outs. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I wouldn't eat there because I know that you lot have had your dirty hands on the door-handles, and I'm not convinced you all wash after your turn-outs. Laughing

and anyway, they don't do turmeric lattes.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fun to prevent the car ahead form ordering their food while you sit there pretending to be obvious as they hang their head out the window attempting to get heard.

Went with a friend on a bike the once and we played up for the cameras. Kept pushing him over slightly so he stole my keys and dangled them over a drain, and the rev battles. Laughing

There's nothing more I love than peddling my bike by foot (sitting on it) for what feels like miles to burn the fat I'm about to consume.

Its funny to see the servers reactions when a head, wearing a helmet, pops up (window height must make it look like there's a head floating Laughing ).

As for the food its okay, but becoming overpriced. Delivery fee's are a tad high and prices keep increasing. I go once in a while when its on the way and I'm in the mood but not often.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the breakfast, otherwise I'll always take KFC over it Drooling

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda grown out of it.

But I do like the occasional breakfast, sausage and egg bagel with cheese, and a brace of hash browns. And orange juice. Got to have that to cut through the grease Laughing

Pretty rare for me to ever hanker after a Big Mac these days.
I am rather fond of caramel McFlurries, though Wub

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Kinda grown out of it.

But I do like the occasional breakfast, sausage and egg bagel with cheese, and a brace of hash browns. And orange juice. Got to have that to cut through the grease Laughing

Pretty rare for me to ever hanker after a Big Mac these days.
I am rather fond of caramel McFlurries, though Wub

Isn't a sausage bagel the literal embodiment of a Jewish dilemma?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:25 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Mrs stinkwheels mates said she really missed McDogs food while she was on lockdown so I made her one when we went to visit.

She freaked out at the size of the burgers I made. I thought they used 1/4 pounders. Apparently mine were twice the size of a "real" quarter pounder, despite me actually weighing 4oz of burger meat for each one.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
caramel McFlurries

We are back to the McDump... Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I thought they used 1/4 pounders.

Added water? Maybe they started as 1/4 pounders.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3