Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

FS: Honda CBF500 2006 (SOLD)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Arfa__
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:50 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: FS: Honda CBF500 2006 (SOLD) Reply with quote

Up for sale, is my wife's Honda CBF500. Potentially a good little commuter hack or cheap first bike for someone.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/honda_cbf500_2006.jpeg

-> Now on ebay here. - with more photos there

2006 model, 64k on clock. My wife has had the bike 5 years, used for commuting and touring around UK. It's a little bit tatty, got a few scuffs and scratches, it's been regularly used, but it has been maintained well with no shortcuts.

It’s lowered with a mod to rear shock and genuine Honda lower seat (original seat also included in sale), ideal for short riders - my wife is 5’1" and handles it fine. To revert the lowering, you’d need to replace the end link on the shock for stock one and slide the forks down in the yokes. Or just swap on a second hand whole shock that'll cost you about £60. I could consider reverting to original height for the right price.

The good:

Got Honda Certificate of Conformity and exemption from ULEZ sorted out with TFL - so no problem riding into central London (see last couple of photos).

MOT’d until May 2021.

Runs wells, used regularly, always maintained.

Has Givi rack, Oxford heated grips, Puig screen, Motad Venon can and stainless link pipe, rear hugger, fender extender and a rather nice Oxford analogue timepiece.

Hel braided brake lines front and back.

Key maintenance stuff has all recently been taken care of:

New rear pads in July 2020 (front are still fine)
Forks serviced (new seals) in May 2020
New genuine water pump fitted May 2020 (old one sprung a leak)
New battery March 2020
Starter motor serviced with new brushes Sept 2019
Michelin Road 5 tyres fitted Sept 2019 (plenty left in them)
New chain/sprocket June 2019 (@58k)
Only needed new brake pads in 2018.
New rear brake disc Aug 2017 (@51k)
Rear shock was serviced and re-gassed when we lowered it in 2015 (@44k)

The bad:

Some minor cosmetic issues from a couple of stationary topple overs…

The tank has a couple of scratches on top and a tiny ding on side.
Engine and peg hanger paint looks bit tatty.
The exhaust end can has got some scuffs on it.
Downpipes look a bit rough, could do with lick of paint, but there’s no holes or blowing.

Overall, it's good to ride away, perfect cheap hack for London commuting, with nothing pressing that needs to be fixed or sorting out.

Price: SOLD!
Bike is SORN and off road next week, so would prefer a fairly prompt sale.
I'm based in Dagenham, East London.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1