Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motoring offence advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:49 - 12 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Should have said he regards himself as black and can't breath.

Instant let off.

Fuck right off. You've got the whole politics section to be your right wing echo chamber.

and the rest of the forum is BLM or mumsnet? Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 12 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum needs some new blood. I check back here from time to time, but it's not what it used to be. Once upon a time, the miscreant nephew himself would have come on here, described his police incident, and then asked for advice and rejected all of it robustly, before getting into a row with all of the forum members.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 12 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Ste wrote:
Is the bike still seized and clocking up storage fees?

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty. Dirty police thieves and pound lots.

I’m sure IF he can prove himself innocent of all charges he will have a strong case in a court to get his legal bike released and all costs reimbursed- including loss of use of his bike for the period it wasn’t with him...
Sorry. I typed IF he can prove it. I meant when...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 12 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Do You Even Lift wrote:
Cu20 alone is going to rape his insurance...

Give it 10 years he might be grown up and be able to afford insurance then

5 at worst and he's completely clean and 24 plus years old. Bit dramatic.

5 for a clean license 5 more to grow up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 13 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
The forum needs some new blood. I check back here from time to time, but it's not what it used to be. Once upon a time, the miscreant nephew himself would have come on here, described his police incident, and then asked for advice and rejected all of it robustly, before getting into a row with all of the forum members.

So true, those were the days.

You forgot to add the fite would involve the forum kicking his ass before him rage quitting in a splurge of autism.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:34 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction for 2030:

10 years ago a crackhead biker was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he did commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles/Dorset underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire ... the crackhead biker A-team.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:45 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimster wrote:
My prediction for 2030:

10 years ago a crackhead biker was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he did commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles/Dorset underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire ... the crackhead biker A-team.

With Donk as Hannibal lecter?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting, I knew the leader of the 'A' team was called Hannibal but I didn't realise it was Hannibal lecter.

Maybe that's why they survived everything.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimster wrote:
My prediction for 2030:

Now that is WTF. Laughing

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:41 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update for anyone interested. Fuckwit nephew had his day in court. He came away with 11 points on his licence and £1600 of fines and costs and his driving licence revoked. He could have been given more points but the magistrate said that as he will have to reapply for a provisional licence and take an extended test before he can drive again, a driving ban would be pointless as it would have likely expired before he can retake his test. He will have 11 points on his licence for the next 3 years so one more mistake and he will be banned for at least 6 months.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck.

Would have been better if he had no car license.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty lenient overall, then.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:12 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
An update for anyone interested. Fuckwit nephew had his day in court. He came away with 11 points on his licence and £1600 of fines and costs and his driving licence revoked. He could have been given more points but the magistrate said that as he will have to reapply for a provisional licence and take an extended test before he can drive again, a driving ban would be pointless as it would have likely expired before he can retake his test. He will have 11 points on his licence for the next 3 years so one more mistake and he will be banned for at least 6 months.

Now that's a proper arseraping. I bet it will be stinging every time he sits down for weeks.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:05 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
martin734 wrote:

Now that's a proper arseraping. I bet it will be stinging every time he sits down for weeks.

Yep, and he is going to be fucked by insurance companies for at least the next 5 years. As a 19 year old with 11 points for no licence or insurance I doubt he will be able to insure a moped let alone a car.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:

Christ, the magistrate and copper must be members of the same rotary.

That 11 points is a real stinger. If he's going to drive again he might consider getting a L-plater and popping a speed camera just for the 6 month totting-up ban. He's gotta do his test again anyway for the 2-year rule (which can only be applied once) so why not wipe the slate clean, get the bus for 6 months and avoid driving on tenterhooks for 3 years. He's stuck with declaring his offences for 5 years anyway so one one won't hurt much.

A decent brief would probably have cost less than the fine too.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:33 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got £465 fine for my 95 in a 50 and I earn 35k a year so they just have been really pissed with him.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
Yep, and he is going to be fucked by insurance companies for at least the next 5 years. As a 19 year old with 11 points for no licence or insurance I doubt he will be able to insure a moped let alone a car.

Keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't fall into the party trick of just driving/riding without licence/insurance.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/qyK2MNdl.jpg

And I was right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:07 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
So true, those were the days.

You forgot to add the fite would involve the forum kicking his ass before him rage quitting in a splurge of autism.

Sounds like something I would have done in the early days Whistle

Pete. wrote:
Christ, the magistrate and copper must be members of the same rotary.

That 11 points is a real stinger. If he's going to drive again he might consider getting a L-plater and popping a speed camera just for the 6 month totting-up ban. He's gotta do his test again anyway for the 2-year rule (which can only be applied once) so why not wipe the slate clean, get the bus for 6 months and avoid driving on tenterhooks for 3 years. He's stuck with declaring his offences for 5 years anyway so one one won't hurt much.

A decent brief would probably have cost less than the fine too.

Not sure it works like that does it? I could be wrong (I was once before) but I don't think it would wipe the slate clean.

He's going to be uninsurable for at least 3 years. Possibly 5. My daughter hit an off duty police officer in his personal car. He reported her for the offence of driving without due care and attention. She was offered a conditional driver improvement course which she had to ring up and book within 14 days. The feckless lazy brain dead cowbag left it until day 15 to ring up (despite me and missus nagging her every day to do it but she was always too tired from work or didn't have the time or couldn't find the paperwork or couldn't get the time off work to do the course or didn't have the money to pay for the course even though we and her nan both offered to pay for it, every excuse under the sun just to avoid putting Jeremy Kyle on pause for 5 minutes and facing facts and dealing with the inevitable and picking up the phone and doing the deed) and then started acting all indignant when they told her tough shit she'll be getting a court summons.

She went to court and gave a load of attitude in court. They awarded her with 9 penalty points which because she had her licence for less than 2 years meant she had to re-take her test (which to be fair was better than getting a ban as at least she could re-take it straight away). She got her licence back but those 9 points remain on there and are very much active! She couldn't get insurance for 2 years and although I think the points are only active for 3 years and stay on your licence for 4, I think most insurance companies ask for any accidents, claims and prosecutions for the last 5 years which means she'll be paying a hiked up insurance premium for the next 3 years.

All this because a) she was too fucking lazy to pick up the phone and b) they gave a load of attitude in court so they threw the book at her and gave the maximum number of points for that offence.

Interesting fact. As I said my wife and I offered to pay for the course and so did her nan. Around £160 I think it was IIRC. She accepted the £160 from both parties but never booked it. Shrewd huh?

Kids!

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:

That's what I was worried about. I am hoping that the courts will be lenient

Oof. Hurt

Should have got a brief, now he's fucked for years.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Fisty wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/qyK2MNdl.jpg
And I was right.

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
martin734 wrote:
He has a car licence.

Had. it'll probably be a complete license revocation. retake everything. I've been there

I think a few of us were.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet on the 'driving with no insurance' being added to that sometime.

FFS, it's ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ certainly cheaper for him getting done once a year than paying out for his insurance.

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In rural Dorset? Not if he's sensible and keeps his head down and keeps out of trouble, probably get away with no insurance indefinitely...

IF being the operative word.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:22 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a rural area though. The cop who did him will KNOW he's on a ban and will be looking out for him specifically.

I've never seen a speed trap in our small rural village but the local landlords son got done for speeding by one at 11.30pm one night, only a week after walking out of court on 11 points and a final stern waggy-finger warning to mend his ways when he should really have been banned.

Slow learner obviously because he was had for 50 in a 30 limit and got another 6 points and a 6 month ban. It's wasn't a fit-up because he was clearly speeding outrageously but equally it was no co-incidence the same copper who'd had him up last time was there waiting.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 15 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:

He had a car licence.

Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4