Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fastest you've been?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 11 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I'm an old fart and when I was growing up forums were full of 16/17 year olds yapping how fast their Aprilia RS bikes were, then wondering why their engines kept seizing up.

Old? You ain't old! When I was 16/17, the only forum I knew about was in Penthouse magazine. Aprilia RS's hadn't been thought of either.

And I ain't old either. Just feel it Laughing

Thinking

Or was that another FAIL?
I dunno, old fart here just woke up from a nap Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:12 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im always scared theres a copper hiding behind the next bush, and I absolutely cannot afford to lose my licence. So 70mph Razz Im not sure where people find these private roads to do silly speeds on without worrying about insta-ban speeds.

I got an indicated 85 (probably nowhere near it in reality because it was made of cheese and the speedo was a vague guess) on a long downhill stretch with the wind behind me on my 1980s Brazillian CG125 knockoff and that was absolutely terrifying because it felt like it was going to fall apart at any second.

Last edited by Tierbirdy on 12:26 - 12 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:02 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well I hit 100mph on my Yamaha sr125 because it magically developed more horsepower randomly one time I was out on it.

I also beat a yam rd250 that time because the 125 is lighter. Power to weight ratios... physics and that Thinking

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:33 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing more than 70 (give or take) on the bike on public roads.

On the track i used to race 125cc Rotax karts on a fixed gear.
the real sensation of speed is when you are drawn on the front row of the grid and there are 30 odd younger lighter and faster lunatics all trying to go under over around or just straight through you.
it was a good weekend when you didn't have hundreds of pounds of repairs to make.

multiple 4 wheel vehicles on a Parmer sports race day.
Single seaters and cars.
best fun was the 911 but only due to the lunatic instructor who I'm sure was trying to kill the both of us.
Man did we hustle that car around the track.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Im always scared theres a copper hiding behind the next bush

A foolish tactic in my case Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WULFSTAN
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 17 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

145 on a jellymould cbr 600 trying to keep up with a mate. it cooked the engine and ripped the fairing off.
Your backside is better enough for you to run again, if need be – bristle up the courage of the cornered rat, put on a bold front, and to hell with them. Bluff my boy – bluff, shift and lie for the sake of your neck and the honour of Old England

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 17 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from that it was fine!

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 17 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

An indicated 178mph on a Panigale, on a trip to the Nurburgring.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:42 - 17 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 15 minutes but she was hot, was a whore in bed and her twat was quite tight.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 17 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

106MPH on a GT550 around the M25, mind you that was long time ago, can't handle over 90MPH nowdays, old age.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:26 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I ever break the speed limit, but IF I was stopped by the police, there would be no talking to, fines or court dates, they would proceed straight to the kicking me right in the bollocks..... several times

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:59 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 MPH
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:13 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

125-130mph indicated on my CB750, and I started feeling very mortal. My friend on his ZZR1400 disagreed and proceeded to dramatically disappear into the horizon.

Personally, I have no idea how some of you manage to find it in your heart, and possibly brown pants, to pile another 100kmh on top of 200. Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered when I was a youngster I was riding my bike flat out, so just under a 100mph on the clock, so probably about 90mph Laughing late at nigh on an empty road, I glanced in my mirror, nothing behind me, and something on 2 wheels shot past me in a blur and was gone Shocked

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
About 15 minutes ...

Christ, that sounds more like a marathon..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:27 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
About 15 minutes ...

Christ, that sounds more like a marathon..

That's not a marathon, I usuallyblas5 about 45 minutes.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 22 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone just beyond a ton a couple of times, although not on this bike Laughing

After the first time, when i had a point to prove to myself and a reason to do it - a funeral of a mate, whom we were following down the M5 in one of those coffin sidecar arrangements.

The novelty kind of wore off after that for me... but i will admit to it being a buzz when you accidentally realise you're reaching it, so yeah.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 23 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most enjoyable fastest speed I've done was on my Suzuki ER 50 TS, I did a whopping 48 mph, the proof was a speeding ticket that I was so proud of and showed it around school for weeks. Very Happy

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 23 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely pinned on the then brand newly released ZZR1100, which was supposed to be the fastest production bike on the planet, at that time.

My memory says that was 186mph, or thereabouts, as tested by contemporary bike mags - I don't know if they had specially tweaked test bikes (which was the norm back then) but looking at online specs, today the suggested top speed is about 10mph less.

Either way, the scenery is going past pretty damn quickly.

In a car, on a track, 200ish +- a couple of mph

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:36 - 23 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Absolutely pinned on the then brand newly released ZZR1100, which was supposed to be the fastest production bike on the planet, at that time.

My memory says that was 186mph, or thereabouts, as tested by contemporary bike mags - I don't know if they had specially tweaked test bikes (which was the norm back then) but looking at online specs, today the suggested top speed is about 10mph less.

Either way, the scenery is going past pretty damn quickly.

In a car, on a track, 200ish +- a couple of mph

The early UK models had angled carb tops that restricted full throttle slide movement and gave 125bhp. Easy fix by chucking them away and popping the ZRX750 flat tops on, resulting in the full 147bhp. A few years later the flat tops were fitted as standard, presumably because every jack the lad was replacing the restricted tops as their first upgrade.
I loved the roar that my beast made when the needle was climbing to the red line... Mr. Green

Jack Knife
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:56 - 27 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 on a GPZ1000 RX a week or three after buying it the guy I bought it from commented at the time of sale that it was good for at least 190. I considered this a massive overstatement of the bikes true abilities but decided to put her to the test "on a private road of course". I got it up to 150 and as the last post before this states "everything on each side of you ... and pretty much in front of you becomes a blur" very quickly.
Once you're at "warp" it's kinda like having tunnel vision but you and the bike are covering more distance a whole hell of a lot faster than your eyes can cope with so stopping in time in the last minute realisation that something is coming at you extremely quickly isn't going to happen.
As that thought went through my head the throttle was rolled off and the brakes gently applied 150 is quick enough and doing that once is also enough. Engaging warp drive on a public highway is Madness and a quick way to end up a greasy messy splodge somewhere off in the distance where you had no chance of seeing properly because you were riding like a complete c*ck.
Having satisfied my curiosity as to her abilities that was the first and last time that particular bike went over 70 throwing it down the road at "that, kinda speed would be enough GPZ1000RX's aren't the lightest of bikes in fact 2 wheeled tank comes to mind.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Knife wrote:
150 on a GPZ1000 RX a week or three after buying it the guy I bought it from commented at the time of sale that it was good for at least 190. I considered this a massive overstatement of the bikes true abilities but decided to put her to the test "on a private road of course". I got it up to 150 and as the last post before this states "everything on each side of you ... and pretty much in front of you becomes a blur" very quickly.
Once you're at "warp" it's kinda like having tunnel vision but you and the bike are covering more distance a whole hell of a lot faster than your eyes can cope with so stopping in time in the last minute realisation that something is coming at you extremely quickly isn't going to happen.
As that thought went through my head the throttle was rolled off and the brakes gently applied 150 is quick enough and doing that once is also enough. Engaging warp drive on a public highway is Madness and a quick way to end up a greasy messy splodge somewhere off in the distance where you had no chance of seeing properly because you were riding like a complete c*ck.
Having satisfied my curiosity as to her abilities that was the first and last time that particular bike went over 70 throwing it down the road at "that, kinda speed would be enough GPZ1000RX's aren't the lightest of bikes in fact 2 wheeled tank comes to mind.

It always surprised me that 130mph seemed a 'healthy', low adrenaline, controllable speed whereas that extra 20mph turned into a 'hang on and hope for the best' ride.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:03 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

It always surprised me that 130mph seemed a 'healthy', low adrenaline, controllable speed whereas that extra 20mph turned into a 'hang on and hope for the best' ride.

Doesn't it depend on what bike you're doing it on?
I mean fair enough a human's reaction time is only so good, but on some bikes it just doesn't feel that fast.
I'm not surprised it seems like a big deal on some old 80s bike. On a lot of modern bikes you get to 150, and more, in the blink of an eye. And the brakes scrub it off just as quickly, and the bikes are more stable at those speeds.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done 168mph indicated on a Zx10r (C model), ran out of space to go faster. Not that it took that bike long to get there!

Not had any desire to go that fast again, for that matter I've never owned a super sport since. Owned that bike a year and got rid. Didn't do it for me.

I now stick to nakeds and sport tourers. I'll leave the speed to the rest of you.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:

I now stick to nakeds and sport tourers. I'll leave the speed to the rest of you.

Yes, because they're all really slow, aren't they Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 178 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5