Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying page-get removed.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Last edited by chickenstrip on 14:10 - 28 Oct 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
What?! What did I say to upset you this time?

Nothing. I sense a pattern, that's all, so I am curious... Smile

If there's a pattern with me, it's to do with hating political ideologies that go too far, liberalism being the latest one to do so, but large segments of the left also losing the plot, and all at a time when the moderate right seems to be as inept as it ever has, giving no credible opposition to it all.
That to me is a dangerous situation.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

If there's a pattern with me, it's to do with hating political ideologies that go too far, liberalism being the latest one to do so, but large segments of the left also losing the plot, and all at a time when the moderate right seems to be as inept as it ever has, giving no credible opposition to it all.

Meaning you have to hate everyone of any political shade equally?

Status quo... Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Meaning you have to hate everyone of any political shade equally?

Status quo... Laughing

Give me a question worth answering Wink Smile

Actually, I'll answer that with another question: do you see any mainstream political parties at the moment that you can support with a free conscience?
I'd guess your answer will be the SNP, so I'd take from that you don't believe in free speech.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8Ib2X_ZPQ

Wow. This is a tough watch but this kid is scary. A product of the crap their peddling in schools.

Opposition to his views, just listen to this absolute spunkbubble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3LNZWR8XA

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phrase "get over yourself" seems to have fallen into disuse Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I am curious... Smile

Ok, if you're curious about what I'm banging on about, try looking up Dutschke, "the long march through the institutions".

The marxists failed on economics, nuclear weapons meant they couldn't win by military means, so it has switched to cultural means.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I am curious... Smile

Ok, if you're curious about what I'm banging on about, try looking up Dutschke, "the long march through the institutions".

The marxists failed on economics, nuclear weapons meant they couldn't win by military means, so it has switched to cultural means.

Yes, but he was a mixed-up puppy and little threat to the establishment. He offered a way of looking at life like all political commentators do. He ended up turning on the Marxists and working against them, so he was the political equivalent of Italy...

I still don't see the 'reds under the bed'.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there's a pattern with me, it's to do with hating political ideologies that go too far

Snap

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I thought we were going to be taken over by Islamists? I can't see those Muslims standing for any of that pinko nonsense...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I still don't see the 'reds under the bed'.

Well, we'll see. There's obviously no point in you and me discussing any of it.

Except...

chickenstrip wrote:
Duschke

Diggs wrote:
Yes, but he was a mixed-up puppy and little threat to the establishment.

It seems that the British government thought otherwise:

https://www.nytimes.com/1971/01/09/archives/british-panel-upholds-expulsion-of-rudi-dutschke-as-security-risk.html

Diggs, you said something a while back about your mainstream liberal views not being accepted on social media anymore? What was that all about?

(Edits due to OCD Rolling Eyes)

Last edited by chickenstrip on 23:16 - 28 Oct 2020; edited 3 times in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Anyway, I thought we were going to be taken over by Islamists?

I wouldn't describe having your head cut off as being "taken over" Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, lots of posts! But...

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
If there's a pattern with me, it's to do with hating political ideologies that go too far

Snap

I was under the impression you don't see any ideologies going too far today?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

What is a "page-get"?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

What is a "page-get"?

it's when you get the first post on a new page. Apparently it's a cause for celebration in some circles - I think it derives from the 'Last person to post' thread.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 28 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Anyway, I thought we were going to be taken over by Islamists? I can't see those Muslims standing for any of that pinko nonsense...

They are still paying for a boat to cross the channel to come to the racist, slavery supporting shit hole of the world. (full of racists, Islamaphobics, transgenderphobics, and basic cvnts).

I wonder why. Maybe because we are the softest touch ever.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:34 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
it's when you get the first post on a new page. Apparently it's a cause for celebration in some circles - I think it derives from the 'Last person to post' thread.

Yes, that sinking feeling when you see you have the first post on a fresh page and wish you'd thought of something wise and pithy to say... or is that just me? Shifty

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Diggs, you said something a while back about your mainstream liberal views not being accepted on social media anymore? What was that all about?

I can't remember the specific statement and its context. However, think of terms of derision for left/liberals, then think of terms for everybody further to the right. I bet you can think of more for those with a left/liberal slant...

Quote:

Oh contraire, the world is full of ideologies that if implemented would be 'going too far'. In Britain however groups espousing those ideologies are never likely to get into power. Examples being National Action, al-Muhajiroun, the Communist Party etc. Look at the makeup of MPs in the House of Commons for your evidence of that...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

I can't remember the specific statement and its context. However, think of terms of derision for left/liberals, then think of terms for everybody further to the right. I bet you can think of more for those with a left/liberal slant...

Unnecessary if you want a proper conversation. I have some conservative values, but I also feel that the moderate left have some good points to make - or did have when they existed.

Quote:
Quote:

Oh contraire, the world is full of ideologies that if implemented would be 'going too far'. In Britain however groups espousing those ideologies are never likely to get into power. Examples being National Action, al-Muhajiroun, the Communist Party etc. Look at the makeup of MPs in the House of Commons for your evidence of that...

What I see in the HoC is a bunch of unknowns, and I have no clue as to what their thinking really is beyond party support. Most of them don't seem to be particularly well educated, and lord only knows what crazy ideas they've picked up along the way. For or against, I won't easily forget their behaviour over Brexit, and some of the scenes we saw in Parliament. These people are supposed to set an example. I'm particularly worried about Labour MPs. They might now have Keir Starmer as their (nominal) leader, and I had hopes, but I'm already beginning to lose that faith. I'm starting to think that lawyers are absolutely the wrong kind of people to have as our MPs. It's not exactly an untainted profession. Otherwise, I think they're still heavily infected with 'Corbynism' and worse. That's way too far left for my taste.

The liberals seem to be full of people with ideas about minorities being more important than the majority. And other than being EU-centric, I have no idea what they're really about (I suspect you could replace the term "liberal" with "hypocrite" in the modern context). Maybe you could explain that?

The Tories are almost a non-entity party at present. They have lost their conservative ideals as far as I can see, or at least are too weak to defend them - say "boo!" and they melt. Much like the liberals in not having a solid base to stand on.

However 'bad' you may think things are, or not, they certainly aren't good.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often we hear of the classic trope of somebody saying something mean on Twitter and getting a visit from West Midlands Police. And then you, of course, sigh and go "well! that's good news. Must mean they've run out of 'real' crimes to go after!!!" And to a certain extent that's true.

Let's take something (relatively) non-political: the Fire Service. "Oh noes! Another fire station is set to close!" as if this is only a bad thing. But according to the stats there are half as many household fires now as 20 years ago. A general mandate of fire retardant furniture materials and better electrics is slowly but surely paying off Thinking

Anyhoo, I think the failure of Western Democracy is... its success! We've got to the point where our society can quite happily support entirely useless professions; I'd take 10 dole scroungers over a graduate in Feminist Issues any day. A century ago you did something useful with your life or you starved.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyhoo, I think the failure of Western Democracy is... its success!

A good point. This is what happens when a you get sufficient slack in a society to enable people to spend time talking about things, whereas in a less successful society they would either be arrested for agitation or they'd starve. One could argue that the ability to voice a different opinion to the majority is a downside or an upside depending upon whether you are in power or not.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Well I'm still waiting for my trickle down wealth after four decades so conservatism is on my list of gone too far.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Well I'm still waiting for my trickle down wealth after four decades so conservatism is on my list of gone too far.

I don't disagree that it has its problems, but are you confusing conservatism with capitalism? They're not the same thing. My view of conservatism is that it promotes the freedom of the individual, it's supposed to preserve the things that have been found to work, it sets standards for the individual to live up to, rather than relying on government to enforce them - in other words, it believes in individual responsibility. That's conservatism. Then there is the Conservative Party and the people in it. I think they're not living up to the standards they're supposed to believe in. It isn't Conservatism that has failed. But I also think there are other things outside of that which are also important.

Now, you can argue with all those points, but it depends on how you look at it. There is nothing absolute in politics, in people. Everything is nuanced. That's half the problem we have today. Everyone wants to simplify everything down to the last particle. The world isn't like that. You have to accept dichotomy, paradox, complexity, because you can't get rid of those things. You have to learn to live despite them.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should encourage extravagance.

Could be anything: a YouTube video on goldsmithing, an auction at Christie's... MTV Cribs Wink The main thing is all the rich people should be encouraged to show how successful they are as every designer kitchen, every bespoke games room keeps tradesmen in business.

Buying governments doesn't get you "trickle down effect" buying bling does Wink

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 30 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
arry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8Ib2X_ZPQ

Wow. This is a tough watch but this kid is scary. A product of the crap their peddling in schools.

Opposition to his views, just listen to this absolute spunkbubble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3LNZWR8XA

I loved it! She's a well connected black mother of three don't you know.

And he's an EDL supporter. And anyone who signed that petition to have him reinstated is EDL.

Oh and BTW she's a black mother of three. And she's well connected Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 98 of 184