Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Triumph Trident spied in camouflage livery

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Triumph Trident spied in camouflage livery Reply with quote

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/official-triumph-trident-final-testing-phase

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/crash.net/visordown.com/styles/v2_normal/s3/field/image/TRIDENT_ROADTEST_GE--4.JPG?itok=O9WcGbua

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/crash.net/visordown.com/styles/v2_normal/s3/TRIDENT_ROADTEST_GE--2.JPG?itok=pvP4_-lf

Supposedly designed to go up against the CBR650, Z650 and MT07 so an entry level middleweight.

Triple - guess it'll have similar power to those mentioned but being a triple, a better noise than the parallel twins.

Nissin brakes, possibly Showa forks and likely to have some rider modes - should be a decent enough. I wonder if it'll get porky, mind? If it's an actual middleweight then it should do alright I'd reckon.

Not the most exciting thing in the world but gives another option to the Jap stuff Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume that will be using a soft/sleeved version of the old 675 power plant?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I presume that will be using a soft/sleeved version of the old 675 power plant?

They've not said as yet but yes, I'd say that's a decent assumption.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain is slack and the frame is twisted.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:34 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it on good authority Triumph prep bikes specifically to be seen in "spy" shots.

They used to "cover" the plastics on a mockup of a new model with masking tape or similar, get the apprentice to cut the nibs off the tyres and scuff them up a bit, van it to a motorway services in the wee small hours and "hide" it somewhere. Then they'd anonymously tip-off the motorcycle press.

Then they'd see what sort of comments the resulting article came up with and modify the design. Not the daftest of ideas really.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Re. "Spy shots," that so-called disruptive camouflage does nothing but say it's a prototype, come and look. It's even got its name on the tank.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:40 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spy shots are always surprisingly well lit and focussed with a suitably plain background to show off the lines of the bike.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I said 'spied' in the title but didn't really mean it was a 'OMG quick get the camera out' type thing - the article does say they're official Triumph photos.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 30 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect I saw this yesterday on the NYMoors with unusual Trade Plates on. Something similar anyway flashed past pickup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:39 - 01 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Yep. Re. "Spy shots," that so-called disruptive camouflage does nothing but say it's a prototype, come and look. It's even got its name on the tank.

Oh shit, didn't anyone notice the big Ef Off Triumph Factory Building in the Background?
Very Happy

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

189kg wet.
80bhp with option for A2.
Fair bump of torque.
£7100 ish.

Not bad figures and looks a decent option.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad looking bike but why a hugger and that BMW style mudpad? on the back wheel. Couldn't they just fit a decent mudguard (or is that passe nowadays Laughing ). Love the wheels though.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2021-Triumph-Trident-660-First-Look-sport-motorcycle-6.jpg

Last edited by Polarbear on 15:51 - 02 Nov 2020; edited 1 time in total

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 02 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats sound good for a starter bike. Wouldn't turn my head, it's ugly and 7.1k (+OTR I assume) opens up used options that makes it look a bit rubbish for anyone with a grown ups licence.

I'm guessing it's to chip at the MT07/SV650/GayNinja 650 market.

Though all my above is out of touch crap, what matters is the monthly PCP price so people that can't afford it can rent it. If that beats the competition it'll fly out the showrooms.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1