Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What is this type of Cassette, and wheel?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
 Topic moved: from The Workshop to The Cycling Forum by stinkwheel (5 Dec 2020 - 19:45)
View previous topic : View next topic  

dymeksilesia
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:13 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: What is this type of Cassette, and wheel? Reply with quote

Hello, i'd like to buy new wheel without cassette and I cannot find anywhere the same kind of wheel, all of these I find are with "cyllinder" or empty, but my wheel has these two metals which make cassette stop and because of these metals bike can run.

https://ibb.co/rZRdgKH <--- picture of my wheel

Thanks a lot :like:

Edit:// It is road bike Carrera Vanquish

Last edited by dymeksilesia on 20:32 - 05 Dec 2020; edited 1 time in total

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong kind of bikes... the thing that's off has too much pedalling and not enough engine.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay in your lane.

https://i2-prod.getsurrey.co.uk/incoming/article11691283.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Bike-wankers.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:51 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have dismantled the freewheel, half of it is still in the middle of the casette.

You should have undone the locknut on the outside of the casette using a locknut tool while holding the casette still with a chain whip, then the casette would have lifted off.

I'm not even sure how you managed to do that, nor am I sure if it can be put back together again.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exactly did you manage to take the cassette off with the freewheel still attached to it?!

I am both impressed and confused. Confused

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:42 - 05 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
How exactly did you manage to take the cassette off with the freewheel still attached to it?!

I am both impressed and confused. Confused

Mind you, nothing would surprise me with a Halfords BSO.

On the plus side, it looks like the pawls were long overdue a clean and lube.

Anyway, in response to the question, it's a casette type freewheel (a "cylinder"), Count how many cogs are on the casette, you want one with that number of "speeds". Which one exactly depends on which model vanquish you have, they have been making them for a while. Most likely 10 speed unless it's a very new oneand it'll be a shimano or SRAM fitting, NOT a Campagnolo.

If you want to re-use your existing cassette, you wil need to remove the rest of the freewheel from inside it somehow.

Good luck getting a wheel, I've just been wheel shopping and they are like rocking horse poo just now. I was shopping around all over the place and they were all either massively overpriced or unobtainable and I don't have the free time just now to build one. I landed up going with a genuine shimano wheel as best value, which wasn't something I had originally considered.

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:39 - 07 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

dymeksilesia wrote:
...my wheel has these two metals which make cassette stop and because of these metals bike can run.

If the bike can run why does it need wheels?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 50 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1