Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ybr 125 fuel tank only 9 liter?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

frappemocha
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:18 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Ybr 125 fuel tank only 9 liter? Reply with quote

Did a research online and it say ybr 125 fuel tank is 13 liter. Few days ago my tank is nearly empty and i tried to fill up but i can only fill up 6 liter max. If let say my reserve tank is 3 liter and my main tank is 6 liter, where is the another 4 liter? 6(main)+3(reserve)+4(?)=13.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the float bowl Wink

Seriously though, what year? IIRC Yamaha have been making YBRs for a little while.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it even have a reserve? I dont remember mine having one. I would also usually get something like 10l in mine when I had it (with some fuel still in it), but I remember the fuel gauge wasn't super accurate. Next time it's low take a look inside the tank and see how much is really left.

Also when googling the size I found someone asking exactly the same thing.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=294940

frappemocha
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:53 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
In the float bowl Wink

Seriously though, what year? IIRC Yamaha have been making YBRs for a little while.

Not sure which year but the only info i have is its manufactured in 2012. What a float bowl?

frappemocha
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:00 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
Does it even have a reserve? I dont remember mine having one. I would also usually get something like 10l in mine when I had it (with some fuel still in it), but I remember the fuel gauge wasn't super accurate. Next time it's low take a look inside the tank and see how much is really left.

Also when googling the size I found someone asking exactly the same thing.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=294940

Yes i did read that thread too but it didnt contain the answer. U mean when u pump empty to full u get 10 liter? Mine i can only pump 6 liter, if i pump sumore it overflow. Ybr have this reserve tank. To use it u need to turn the knob. I had to activate it one time cause i use my main tank finish until i didnt realise it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:15 - 18 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Ybr 125 fuel tank only 9 liter? Reply with quote

frappemocha wrote:
Few days ago my tank is nearly empty and i tried to fill up but i can only fill up 6 liter max.

How many miles had you done on the tankful before you put six litres in?

frappemocha
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:02 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Ybr 125 fuel tank only 9 liter? Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
frappemocha wrote:
Few days ago my tank is nearly empty and i tried to fill up but i can only fill up 6 liter max.

How many miles had you done on the tankful before you put six litres in?

Recent weeks i only managed to get average 26km/l. Main tank 6 liter i only got around 150++km. This is due to me adjusting the idle rpm to 1.4k. Is it too high? I heard ybr supposed to get ard 40plus km/liter right?

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:21 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Ybr 125 fuel tank only 9 liter? Reply with quote

frappemocha wrote:
Few days ago my tank is nearly empty and i tried to fill up but i can only fill up 6 liter max. If let say my reserve tank is 3 liter and my main tank is 6 liter, where is the another 4 liter? 6(main)+3(reserve)+4(?)=13.

Welcome, frappemocha. I ride a YBR125 ESD model in Morocco. It is a 2015 model and is carbureted, hence it has a fuel petcock with off - run- reserve positions. The petcock is located on the left side of the fuel tank. My understanding is that since 2008, the European YBR's were all fuel injected; bikes destined for Asia, Africa, and South America are likely to be carbureted. Depending on where you live, you could have a fuel injected or a carbureted engine. Fuel injected bikes do not have a petcock.

How do you know the tank is nearly empty? Is it from the fuel gauge indicator? Those gauges are notoriously inaccurate. When I fill my tank, the gauge stays at Full for 100km or more, then sweeps toward E over the next 200km. Then it hovers near Empty for another 200 km. My last tank took me 436 km before I hit reserve. If your bike has a petcock, I suggest setting it in the Run position (arrow down) and riding until you run it out of fuel. You can then turn the valve to Reserve (arrow up). You should be able to ride about 100 km with the petcock in the Reserve position. My bike routinely delivers 40 km per litre.

The tank does indeed hold 13 litres. I know that for a fact. The Bikez spec sheet for your 2012 YBR matches mine practically line for line. I suppose it is possible a previous owner crashed your bike and repaired a dent with bondo, resulting in decrease capacity. That would really be a corner case scenario. If your tank is original and undamaged, it holds 13 litres.

26 km/L is definitely abnormal. The worst I ever got was 34 km/L and that was just one tank.. 38 to 42 km/L is typical for my bike. Start by looking for signs of running rich. Check your spark plug to see if it's running clean and dry. Make sure air filter is clean and that the air induction has not been modified. If your bike is carbureted, make sure you are not riding with the choke partially closed. If your bike is fuel injected, try adding some throttle body cleaner to your fuel. Could be your fuel injector is not atomizing properly. Your idle adjustment is not causing the high fuel consumption.

Last edited by jeffyjeff on 15:03 - 19 Oct 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:00 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffs can you learn to spell litre?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:48 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Ffs can you learn to spell litre?

Le réservoir d'essence contient 13 litres.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel meters are somewhat full of shit and work off the float in the tank which isnt the most accurate of sciences. That and as you've said, your reserve tank.

On a hill? Oh shit i've got no fuel! Oh wait no, gravity.
Don't worry about it lol.

And yes the YBR obviously has a reserve tank Rolling Eyes

PS: Yeah its ya boi alpha the lolcow 9, apparently my password was released in a data breach so just resecuring some shit

Quote:

Hey, some time ago your computer was infected with my private malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool).

I know at the time of infection your passwords was: *******.

My malware gave me full access to all your accounts, contacts and it also was possible to spy on you over your webcam.

Sometimes when I was bored I was spying on you, then once you started to SATISFYING YOURSELF!

lolz, see ya later fogs

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 19 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfer!! Ruddy aider. And good lord, etc.

Quote:
then once you started to SATISFYING YOURSELF!

ace

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

frappemocha
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:06 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Ybr 125 fuel tank only 9 liter? Reply with quote

jeffyjeff wrote:
frappemocha wrote:
Few days ago my tank is nearly empty and i tried to fill up but i can only fill up 6 liter max. If let say my reserve tank is 3 liter and my main tank is 6 liter, where is the another 4 liter? 6(main)+3(reserve)+4(?)=13.

Welcome, frappemocha. I ride a YBR125 ESD model in Morocco. It is a 2015 model and is carbureted, hence it has a fuel petcock with off - run- reserve positions. The petcock is located on the left side of the fuel tank. My understanding is that since 2008, the European YBR's were all fuel injected; bikes destined for Asia, Africa, and South America are likely to be carbureted. Depending on where you live, you could have a fuel injected or a carbureted engine. Fuel injected bikes do not have a petcock.

How do you know the tank is nearly empty? Is it from the fuel gauge indicator? Those gauges are notoriously inaccurate. When I fill my tank, the gauge stays at Full for 100km or more, then sweeps toward E over the next 200km. Then it hovers near Empty for another 200 km. My last tank took me 436 km before I hit reserve. If your bike has a petcock, I suggest setting it in the Run position (arrow down) and riding until you run it out of fuel. You can then turn the valve to Reserve (arrow up). You should be able to ride about 100 km with the petcock in the Reserve position. My bike routinely delivers 40 km per litre.

The tank does indeed hold 13 litres. I know that for a fact. The Bikez spec sheet for your 2012 YBR matches mine practically line for line. I suppose it is possible a previous owner crashed your bike and repaired a dent with bondo, resulting in decrease capacity. That would really be a corner case scenario. If your tank is original and undamaged, it holds 13 litres.

26 km/L is definitely abnormal. The worst I ever got was 34 km/L and that was just one tank.. 38 to 42 km/L is typical for my bike. Start by looking for signs of running rich. Check your spark plug to see if it's running clean and dry. Make sure air filter is clean and that the air induction has not been modified. If your bike is carbureted, make sure you are not riding with the choke partially closed. If your bike is fuel injected, try adding some throttle body cleaner to your fuel. Could be your fuel injector is not atomizing properly. Your idle adjustment is not causing the high fuel consumption.

Bro can i check with u what your idle speed u set to? According to manual is 1.3-1.5k rpm. Is it too high? Back then when i first bought it the idle rpm is set to 1k rpm but sometime it get very low to the point the bike will stall when i stop at the traffic light. That why i set it abit higher to 1.4k rpm. Mine dont have a fuel injector. That what the shop say. Right now my only option is to send the bike for carburetor cleaning and servicing first to see if it improved. Cause its already an 8 year old bike and the carburetor look quite dirty. I did send it for servicing recently changing the spark plug, air filter and engine oil. So i dont think the problem lies with the air filter. But i notice my spark plug get very black like carbon type of black. But is it because of me setting the idle rpm too high that causing this?

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set my idle speed to 1400 rpm.
Your black spark plug shows that not all the fuel is being burned in combustion, and some of it is turning to soot. Here are some things to look for: Start by making sure the valves are set properly and there is no exhaust restriction. Make sure you have a good strong spark. Remove the spark plug, connect it to the high tension lead, and hold it against the cylinder head (wear a leather glove) while you crank the engine over. You should see a fat blue spark. If the spark is weak, check the coil connections are clean and tight. Finally, the carburetor needs to be clean inside, and the float level set to specification.

frappemocha
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:02 - 11 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffyjeff wrote:
I set my idle speed to 1400 rpm.
Your black spark plug shows that not all the fuel is being burned in combustion, and some of it is turning to soot. Here are some things to look for: Start by making sure the valves are set properly and there is no exhaust restriction. Make sure you have a good strong spark. Remove the spark plug, connect it to the high tension lead, and hold it against the cylinder head (wear a leather glove) while you crank the engine over. You should see a fat blue spark. If the spark is weak, check the coil connections are clean and tight. Finally, the carburetor needs to be clean inside, and the float level set to specification.

Bro thanks for the reply. This two week i tried to change the carburetor to a brand new one to see if it make a difference but it was a mistake. The bike start to misfire alot and it idle very roughly. To the point the engine will die by itself when i stop at the traffic light. Is it because of the mixture setting? I set it to 1.5 turn anticlockwise according to the manual. Had to change back to my old carburetor to get back the smooth performance. When i take a look at my old carburetor, the inside is so clean. Very shiny. My old carburetor looks new on the inside. There a big difference in performance when i use the new carburetor and the old one. Old one make my bike engine sound very smooth whereelse the new one sound sick. I believe it has something to do with the mixture setting. Am i correct?

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 11 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A maladjusted idle air setting may affect idle, but won't be the cause of your misfire in the operating rpm range. Your symptoms sound like an intake leak to me. The carburetor is connected to the cylinder head via a joint with o-ring seals. If the seals have dried out or cracked, air can get sucked in and affect your fuel-air mixture. Run the engine at idle and squirt some starter fluid or WD-40 around the joints between the carburetor and cylinder head. If the engine speeds up, you know there is a leak.

Also, as I said earlier, make sure you have good spark and that the valves are set to specification.

FRS900
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:55 - 15 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the very same bike. I can usually only get 10 or so litres in too I think.

Also what model is it? I've a 2015 one and it does not have a reserve tank.

IIRC all fuel injected types don't have them. Carb only.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1