Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Win a brand new bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
 Topic moved: from Biking News & Rumours to General Bike Chat by G (22 Dec 2020 - 09:54)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Dan Fulford This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:53 - 22 Dec 2020    Post subject: Re: Win a brand new bike Reply with quote

Yet another company offering really poor odds gambling dressed up in different clothes isn't news I'm afraid.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:15 - 22 Dec 2020    Post subject: Re: Win a brand new bike Reply with quote

Dan Fulford wrote:
I'm Dan at Apex 66. We are a new prize competition business dedicated to all things motorcycle - You can win new bikes, gear and riding experiences.

Apex 66 is a trading name of FNH Productions Limited and that company is actually a front for drug dealing.

You're Daniel Fulford and you're known for luring children into your gingerbread house.

Anyone who purchases a ticket from Apex 66 will be funding your network of gingerbread trap houses. Sick

The company they use to process payments is called Paytriot Payments (google reviews are here) and it's as dodgy as Daniel Fulford.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 22 Dec 2020    Post subject: Re: Win a brand new bike Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
and that company is actually a front for drug dealing.

Can you order online, or is it round the back of the bike sheds only? Asking for a friend Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:45 - 22 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea but their contact details are on their website so why not give 'em a call on 07510 462898 if you're wanting to buy low quality crack or smack. Neutral

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Dan Fulford, now that rings a bell from the past.

Isn't Dan Fulford the Sales manager for Triumph in the South of England? Made redundant during Covid maybe?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Re: Win a brand new bike Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Apex 66 is a trading name of FNH Productions Limited

Which can easily be looked up on Companies House website.

SpeedyCBR1100
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:45 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company appears to be based in Coventry, so no point in sending him there, and Daniel Fulford is one of 3 directors.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedyCBR1100 wrote:
The company appears to be based in Coventry, so no point in sending him there, and Daniel Fulford is one of 3 directors.

Their bumf says they donate to charity. I wonder what percentage of the ticket income that is.

They have, after all, to pay the three directors of the business, and various overheads, as well as buying a motorbike as the prize.

Their sole payment so far seems to be £250 (!) to Parkinson's UK[1].

I hope it's not just a racket, but it looks very much as if it is. Glad to be corrected, if not.

[1] Which itself employs staff on high wages (two in the £120,000 to £130,000 baacket), so I'd guess the charitable usefulness of £250 is appoximmately bugger all anyway...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny the Phanny. 🙄

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Danny the Phanny. 🙄

Except he lacks the warmth and depth.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes! But does he make up for it in wetness?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Their bumf says they donate to charity. I wonder what percentage of the ticket income that is.

Much like the doorstep clothing collections which give a pittance to nominated charities, but those charities don't care as long as they get something.

I donate goods to a local charity shop when I'm having a clear out, but that's more of a recycling thing. I currently have a standing order donation to the local air ambulance too. However, I suspect most charities are scams these days. As Riejufixing says, the directors get a big salary though I'm not sure what they do in return.

I'm suspicious that the entirely charitably-funded air ambulance is an overly-expensive, self-indulgent fly-boy project, though it does some good. Why the taxpayer-funded police helicopters can't fulfill the role is beyond me. Too busy chasing silly boys on field bikes perhaps.

Why Africa, the cradle of humanity, has lost the ability to source clean water without Western funding and labour, or build schools without sponsored holidaying Westerners, is also a mystery. Maybe it's not true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it's a bike raffle, is it? Or should I say "bike raffle"?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Much like the doorstep clothing collections which give a pittance to nominated charities

That is exactly the example I was thinking of when I psoted. I think it's something along the lines of "We give £50 for every xyz weight", or "per month"; the amount and payment may well differ (edit: you will find the details printed on the bag/envelope), but it's not very much considering what the stuff brings. Leeches, parasites etc.

I tend to take my stuff to Age Concern (not very good), or a small animal charity run almost entirely by volunteers, with reasonable payments for the few salaried staff.

It is worth noting that if you take worn-out, ripped or otherwise unsaleable clothing to charity shops, marked "Rags" so that the volunteers don't have to sort through it, then the charities are actually paid a couple of squiddicks plus per bag by recyclers. The "rags" are recycled into shoddy, or thread for re-use.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 20 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he's one of the fucking fulfords? Dodgy bunch of toffs. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1