Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New visor or new helmet?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 04 Jan 2021    Post subject: New visor or new helmet? Reply with quote

I've been increasingly irritated by some deep scuffs on the visor of my helmet for a while now. The lid is about 2.5 years old and was cheap (£80 from J&S, IXS HX 215 Cristal). Now, it works fine - it's got a pinlock in it, a flip down sunvisor and the vents I need. It fits well and has my intercom installed.

I want to see clearly again; visors for this lid seem to be hard to come by; only option seems to be to import from the EU circa £30 + any taxes etc., but this pricing seems a bit absurd on a £80 helmet.

Is it worth upgrading to a "better" helmet, circa £200, a bit later in the year or do I just get a new visor? The helmet does everything I need it to and I have no complaints other than it's a bit noisy (even with plugs), but then again I don't really have a frame of reference as it's my first helmet too so maybe they're all like that (I assume so).

Cheers Thumbs Up

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 04 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How soon are you likely to replace that lid anyway? If it's going to be in the next year or so, might as well just spring for the new helmet now and save yourself that 30-40 quid.

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:55 - 04 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you are willing to spend 200 quid but not 30 Very Happy

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:03 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

New helmet mate. Treat yourself and get an arguably more protective lid in the process (sales are on now - sportsbike shop is a good place to browse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 05 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say depends how often you use it and whether you've got money burning a holes in your pocket.

Daily user then new helmet, weekly use, then maybe, monthly use - new visor.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 110 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1