Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is this legal??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Is this legal?? Reply with quote

Booked to see a concert that should have happened in Sept last year. Obviously postponed, to March this year, fair enough. Now been postponed again, this time to Sept. Again, no surprise. However on the email I’ve just received it says
‘ All tickets remain valid for the new event date, therefore we will not be able to offer you a refund. Should you not be able to attend the rescheduled event, you can click here to resell your tickets.’
Surely this isn’t legal? Surely they must give me my money back if I want it (I don’t, as it happens). Over twelve months delay, people’s lives change massively. As it happens I won’t be able to go so Ms. 1198 is going in my place.
Just curious!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm? Small print needs to be read and advice from Tradings Standards Authority would be my suggestion.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:46 - 08 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you bought the tickets from a official ticket seller, if you can't make the rescheduled date then you're entitled to a full refund.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/event-tickets/event-tickets/getting-a-refund-on-an-event-ticket/

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/11/coronavirus-outbreak-cancelled-or-postponed-events-can-i-get-my-money-back/#postponed

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:07 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all very well hoping that you can stick them with "the rules", but these are unprecedented times. So whilst nobody wants to be ripped off unduly, its a matter of whether promoters (or whatevs) are able to sustain a large amount of refunds when they've had to muddle through all the rest of having their business collapse on them unexpectedly.

It would be pretty fucking wank if, after all this absolute nonsense of the last year, that people got all up themselves with the "No! I must have my pound of flesh!" attitude.

I think its quite likely that people are pushing their luck to see what they can get away with, after all this madness. On both sides of the transaction.

If you stuck to your guns, yeah, sure they would legally have to cave in.

But if one were a bit less feral about matters, and just took an attitude of "Oh well, it was just one of those things, due to the madness that overtook the world last year, I can afford to take a hit", then that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Of course, those people who had less flexibility in their finances might want to take things further, but how much blood pressure do you want to exert over it?

As you say, the Mrs has had the benefit of it, so all is not lost.

Que sera sera.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:18 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Its all very well hoping that you can stick them with "the rules", but these are unprecedented times. So whilst nobody wants to be ripped off unduly, its a matter of whether promoters (or whatevs) are able to sustain a large amount of refunds when they've had to muddle through all the rest of having their business collapse on them unexpectedly.

It would be pretty fucking wank if, after all this absolute nonsense of the last year, that people got all up themselves with the "No! I must have my pound of flesh!" attitude.

I think its quite likely that people are pushing their luck to see what they can get away with, after all this madness. On both sides of the transaction.

But if one were a bit less feral about matters, and just took an attitude of "Oh well, it was just one of those things, due to the madness that overtook the world last year, I can afford to take a hit", then that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Of course, those people who had less flexibility in their finances might want to take things further, but how much blood pressure do you want to exert over it?

As you say, the Mrs has had the benefit of it, so all is not lost.

Que sera sera.

Careful Jen, people might start to think you're the most sensible person on BCF Wink Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:59 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best revert to my Babs Windsor impression, then.

Oooo ... Mucky!!
*earthy cackle*

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:16 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Best revert to my Babs Windsor impression, then.

Oooo ... Mucky!!
*earthy cackle*

That's more like it!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 06:56 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

If they won't give a refund for an event that's been postponed then you can contact your bank about making a chargeback claim to get your money back.

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/coronavirus-cancellations-getting-refund-claiming-insurance
https://www.visa.co.uk/pay-with-visa/coronavirus.html

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:34 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
to muddle through....pound of flesh....it was just one of those things....Que sera sera.

I refer you to your comment regarding cliches in another thread! Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 09 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bend over, young man.
Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1