Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
My employer just offered voluntary testing for 'critical workers' which I signed up for this week. The test kit arrived at my house with lightning speed today. I'm not sure I did it right since the swab on a stick didn't make me gag when pushed to the back of my throat, nor sneeze when the same swab was self-administered deep inside my nose. I was a little bit disgusted though. Sent to Italy for analysis, via Wolverhampton, I should hear back in three or four days whether I'm an asymptomatic carrier. Should be interesting. Repeat once a month I think, with the intention of determining whether my place of work is in step with the locality or whether, in coming to work, we're a hotbed of disease.

Italy? FFS!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 13 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
Day 6 of some distinctly iffy symptoms ... All told, of 5 households, that's 14 positives of a possible 17... just because a pro Trump, anti-mask patriarch, enabled by some of his family who should have known better, couldn't wait until next Christmas for a knees up. Tut Tut

That's very awful. I hope you all get better (and that the AMP reforms Rolling Eyes ).

Cheers,

Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes I should imagine his future stance will be 'I'm alright Jack, I've already had it'.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Italy? FFS!

Like Brexit never happened. Laughing

Apparently it was easier and cheaper to use an existing service provider (out-sourcing being the resurrected but still misguided buzzword) which had already sorted the legal aspects in particular, as well as the practical. They deal with various other companies so they're hopefully on the ball.

I sometimes wonder whether they work for us or we work for the various contracted companies.

Hey, get well soon. I had a very odd "cold" back in February (different symptoms to yours) which I wonder was Covid, but I'll never know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that because of a new virus mutation causing concern in Brazil, that "Travel from Brazil to the UK could be halted".

Has the government learned nothing at all in the last year? They are too late, if it's not done "now". Plus the new variant has already been detected in Japan, and will soon spread all over the world anyway, and so will come into the UK indirectly. I think all arrivals should quarantine in supervised premises, as they do in New Zealand. With necessary commercial travel (e.g. lorry drivers) tests should be required instead, or some other means found.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw sweetie.
Keep us updated (if you're feeling up to it!)
Wub

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Day 6 of some distinctly iffy symptoms

GWS boss!

Internet says maybe VitD + zinc might help

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:22 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost a friend to this fucking virus today.

He and I were at college together and sailed on a few ships together in the late end of the 1990's. He rode a BMW GS and before lockdown we used to meet up every month or so at 'On Yer Bike' near Aylesbury for a burger and a rabbit.

His wife told me he died after 50 days in ICU in an induced coma. She hadn't even been able to say goodbye to him. Crying or Very sad

Just one of many similar stories but if it only brings it home when someone you know.

I'm going to chat to Captain Morgan down the boat tomorrow so if I post utter bollox, ignore me. Evil or Very Mad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs, sweetie*

I think this must really be the only way it Gets Real for any of us.
Either we get it or someone close to us gets it.

I've not yet experienced either so I am still just bumbling along Rolling Eyes

Isn't it weird how (as bikers) we seem to encompass all those images of skulls, violence or weird freaky shit, and yet we're often as affected by death as anybody else, grief doesn't really change just because you're surrounded by images of death.
Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Yet people continue to break the rules even then. You could not make it up.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:29 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
hellkat wrote:

Wear your own hazmat suit, isolate and you will be fine.
Face tampons are so passé.

Scotsrick
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 16 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is transmission is to a great degree done by people who are going about their normal business.

Work, schools, uni, shopping, commuting etc.

To blame the increase on her 2 doors down that had her sister and kids round for the afternoon is grasping at straws and simply looking for ‘someone to blame’ It may be a contributory factor but is a minuscule percentage compared to the millions of normal human interactions above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 16 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone Working From Home due to Isolation Rules/Laws/Guidance?

You probably are not sufficiently Insured by your home insurance.

You may be able to claim Tax back for the extra expense. No access to subsidised canteens and heating and maintenance of your home.

Just a thing that dawned on me.
Don't know if discussed on the BCF boards.

I'm not working at home for the record. 😉

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:17 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hard is it to lock down an old folks home???

Apparently it's very hard, judging by the disproportionate numbers of deaths. The statistics of which your MSM of choice is not talking much about?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
(hellkat:) I think this must really be the only way it Gets Real for any of us. Either we get it or someone close to us gets it.

Wear your own hazmat suit, isolate and you will be fine.
Face tampons are so passé.

I am sorry you have to wear a tampon on your face. Let's hope it does not fall into the large round orifice in the lower half of it, and choke the fucking life out of you, as COVID-19 has done so many people.

I *still* can't unerstand why so many people still think masks are for personal protection, despite their use being mandatory in various situations for over half a year, and despite the reasoning behind their use being explained repeatedly in that time.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:44 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

I am sorry you have to wear a tampon on your face. Let's hope it does not fall into the large round orifice in the lower half of it, and choke the fucking life out of you, as COVID-19 has done so many people.

I *still* can't unerstand why so many people still think masks are for personal protection, despite their use being mandatory in various situations for over half a year, and despite the reasoning behind their use being explained repeatedly in that time.

Do you understand the very nature of a virus???

I don't think that you do.

A face mask will not stop a smell, a smell is mostly caused by bacteria.

Virii can infect bacteria.

Your face mask, that you find so important, is puny. It is NOT the answer.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
How hard is it to lock down an old folks home???

Apparently it's very hard, judging by the disproportionate numbers of deaths. The statistics of which your MSM of choice is not talking much about?

Disproportionate numbers of deaths might just be because it's the target age / underlying health conditions group that you're focussing on here.

Also, locking down a care home is easy how exactly? One of my relatives works in a care home - strangely enough, she doesn't live there, and still has to feed herself with food from somewhere that she'd have to go to buy it from. Whilst there's procedures / testing in place, it's not totally effective and it never will be.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Well you clearly don't understand the purpose of a face mask or how viruses are transmitted. Rolling Eyes

The wearing of a face mask is not to protect you directly (although use of an n95 equivalent probably would but you'd still have to wear a normal mask over that). Why? Because the face mask YOU should be wearing protects others from YOU. The face masks that others wear protect YOU from THEM.

Viruses don't magically swim or fly through the air, they're carried on the aerosol of droplets cause by breathing, coughing or sneezing. The face mask reduces the aerosol produced by these actions significantly in the person wearing it.

Wearing a face mask, coupled with proper social distancing and hand hygiene provides a pretty good way of protecting yourself and others.

Unless you're an ignorant or selfish arse of course...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lockdown(s) get any worse I'm tempted to order up some arm surplus hazmat suit and wander round my local Sainsbury... just for the memes Wink

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
If the lockdown(s) get any worse I'm tempted to order up some arm surplus hazmat suit and wander round my local Sainsbury... just for the memes Wink

You, unlike that stupid "mask protest" woman who was booted out of Sainsburys yesterday because she would not leave when they asked her, probably be OK doing that, as long as it included some sort of face covering.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Smells are by products of something organic.
Not bacteria or virus but their bi-products. 😉

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
JackButler wrote:

Smells are by products of something organic.
Not bacteria or virus but their bi-products. 😉

That twat can't even spell "viruses". Pathetic.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/yNxwCNBZ/mask.jpg

There ya go, proof from a trusted reputable source
that the gubment is trying to kill us

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/yNxwCNBZ/mask.jpg

Well we've had dumb, now it's dumber's turn to get it completely wrong. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:05 - 19 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are over-focusing on masks though. It's the reducing numbers of face to face interactions we should be concentrating on. i think it'll come out in the wash that face masks are of limited benefit.

I saw a supermarket advert the other day stating they were making the wearing of masks mandatory. It showed two people walking round the shop with one of those small trollies with masks on. If only one of them had done the shopping, it would have literally halved the risk of someone catching or transmitting the virus during that shopping trip.

That said, even that's not concentrating on the right thing. There's been a spike locally to me emenating from an illegal Boxing day shoot and after-party. There have been at least ten cases (and still counting) I'm aware of as a direct result of this event. We're now on the families of the person who attended starting to go down.

Even funerals. I spoke to someone yesterday who said instead of going to the funeral, they were going to stand at the side of the road as the hearse went past. This somehow morphed into a group of about 20 people standing at the side of the road in one place as the hearse went past passing hip-flasks of port and brandy about... Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 129 of 172