Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 351, 352, 353 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 11 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incontinence bed pads, disposable.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those for you, or is it just a cheaper way to buy puppy pads?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 12 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought myself a new "biker" jacket.
A "fashion" biker jacket.
It is quilted but it is made from "Vegan" Leather.
So pleather doesn't even come into it. Its polyurethane, so practically PVC.

And as you might expect, I am certain to be seen actually riding a motorcycle in it, regardless of the lack of safety said jacket will provide.

Oh yeah, and I bought some new jeans at the same time, in the next size down.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premium bonds.
Pretty close to zero interest at the banks now.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:38 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
Incontinence bed pads, disposable.

https://www.boots.com/staydry/staydry-free-sample

Thumbs Up

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:31 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Premium bonds.

Why not actual bonds? At least you get a reasonable return.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:
Premium bonds.

Why not actual bonds? At least you get a reasonable return.

Which actual bonds?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Which actual bonds?

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/what-we-offer/all-products

Click refine and select "fixed income" and there are many bond based funds. You can see past performance and more details on each one.

Obviously if you want higher risk you can select equities but that might not be what you are looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want immediate access to my money and very low risk (I have some peer-peer lending investment which gives a decent risk/return) so Premium Bonds are ok for me at present (zero fees too).
At least I should average > 0.5% return.

Putting more into my pension pot may be a good bet too.
While its relatively low my pension contributions buy more units.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I want immediate access to my money and very low risk (I have some peer-peer lending investment which gives a decent risk/return) so Premium Bonds are ok for me at present (zero fees too).

These funds are pretty much instant access. Probably 2-3 working days before money is in your bank.

0.5% is losing value in real terms though.

You can also buy these within an ISA or even a SIPP if you want to bring your income tax down.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 14 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speedo relocation bracket turned up from Kedo (Germany) Brexit not having an impact it seems. It came with... a catalogue! How quaint Smile Almost 600 pages of accessory pr0n, everything from entire engines to headlamp protectors.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:56 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Bejeezus man...even if you buy shares in something pretty zero risk like the national grid..you can cash them in straight away, wait 2 days for the funds to hit your bank account and get 5% dividends per year. also dont see the stock going down given the monopoly in the uk and the big rise in EV cars going to need juice!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:35 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

An 8 litre Scoville no-stick lidded stockpot.
It's big enough to drown a baby in it. Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:26 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
An 8 litre Scoville no-stick lidded stockpot.
It's big enough to drown a baby in it. Shocked

I know you aren't keen on kids but......... Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:44 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 1 1/16th bearings.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A faarkin' shitload of timber to put a loft in the garage. A nice new floor, celotex, cladding, kitchen units, worktop, new door and window, and a bike ramp. I'm now very poor, but the Mrs is happy as I can take the bike out of the lounge.

Before:

https://i.ibb.co/zHTBL3Z/IMG-20201018-182313353.jpg

During:

https://i.ibb.co/Lxrd7Hw/IMG-20201106-145407082.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/179PbrN/IMG-20210105-183140-647.jpg

After:

https://i.ibb.co/pzyrs4M/IMG-20210113-173603-921-2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wQtK2LS/IMG-20210114-150918-996.jpg

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alter Bridge - Walk the sky CD, £7.99 Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4NIG8ceHPQ

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91ubyS7wisL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

These funds are pretty much instant access. Probably 2-3 working days before money is in your bank.

0.5% is losing value in real terms though.

You can also buy these within an ISA or even a SIPP if you want to bring your income tax down.

It is quite possible to never make anything on a premium bond. I held mine for 21 years and had forgotten that I had them at all until one day I got a letter saying I had won £25 on them. Took the prize and cashed in the bonds too.

You're probably better off doing fractional shares of gold since it never seems to depreciate. I've also bought a load of shares in companies that I felt were undervalued at the time (I approach shares looking to hold them a while and make money on the sale of them instead of expecting a dividend). Right now is a decent time to buy shares because so many companies have taken a kicking due to COVID-19.

If you had the testicular fortitude to go balls deep on cryptocurrencies there is money to be made (and lost). I kick myself for selling my 220 bitcoins years ago for around $700 USD when today they're worth £5.62 million!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still pissed off about Mt Gox.

I had a little postcard all in Japanese, one of several I had started receiving a few years ago, about being a creditor of Mt Gox (about £70 worth which I had bought literally a week or two before it went down) - and I fuckin lost it.
Brick Wall

I think there was a time limitation on when you could claim something or other, and I cannot for the life of me find that damn card
(a bit like my six hundred euros in cash!)

So now ... I live in hope of getting another little postcard in Japanese from the official receivers. But I think there's about as much hope as winning the premium bonds, because I have exactly none.

Fuckin prick of a thing.

One of my chaps quite regularly gets a win on the premium bonds though, usually just £25 here and there, and certainly in the 18 months I've known him, he's had a handful of wins, nothing massive, but definitely more than none. Mind you, he's got a fair old wodge "invested" in there. So obviously it increases his chances, I guess. Jammy bastard Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'm still pissed off about Mt Gox.

I had a little postcard all in Japanese, one of several I had started receiving a few years ago, about being a creditor of Mt Gox (about £70 worth which I had bought literally a week or two before it went down) - and I fuckin lost it.
Brick Wall

I think there was a time limitation on when you could claim something or other, and I cannot for the life of me find that damn card
(a bit like my six hundred euros in cash!)

So now ... I live in hope of getting another little postcard in Japanese from the official receivers. But I think there's about as much hope as winning the premium bonds, because I have exactly none.

Fuckin prick of a thing.

One of my chaps quite regularly gets a win on the premium bonds though, usually just £25 here and there, and certainly in the 18 months I've known him, he's had a handful of wins, nothing massive, but definitely more than none. Mind you, he's got a fair old wodge "invested" in there. So obviously it increases his chances, I guess. Jammy bastard Laughing

I hated using exchanges, I remember the good old days when you could buy BTC from blockchain (the site called blockchain, not the blockchain itself) using your debit card... and also when you could mine crypto on your PC's CPU instead of graphics cards.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Fat_Angry_Scotsman wrote:

It is quite possible to never make anything on a premium bond. I held mine for 21 years and had forgotten that I had them at all until one day I got a letter saying I had won £25 on them. Took the prize and cashed in the bonds too.

You're probably better off doing fractional shares of gold since it never seems to depreciate. I've also bought a load of shares in companies that I felt were undervalued at the time (I approach shares looking to hold them a while and make money on the sale of them instead of expecting a dividend). Right now is a decent time to buy shares because so many companies have taken a kicking due to COVID-19.

If you had the testicular fortitude to go balls deep on cryptocurrencies there is money to be made (and lost). I kick myself for selling my 220 bitcoins years ago for around $700 USD when today they're worth £5.62 million!

Yeah the few big winners skew the average return for premium bonds when in reality, the rate is abysmal but if it is money you cannot risk losing for whatever reason then it is better than sitting in a 0% interest bank account. Still terrible to hold any real amount in there long term due to inflation.

Hindsight is 2020 and crypto is one of those things. I have done very well but I remember trading many many BTC back in the day. If I only I could find an old wallet with a bunch from back in the day.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 15 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
If I only I could find an old wallet with a bunch from back in the day.

Funny you should say that, cos I was looking in an old phone and found a BTC wallet, but it had, like, maybe 50p in it from 2017.

I tried to copy it over to the same wallet app in my new phone, but fuck knows what I've done, anyway that's disappeared into the ether as well, I think Rolling Eyes

Its not that I'm greedy, I just wanted to "tidy up" that old phone and was getting rid of pictures that were left on the memory. But its probably eaten up what little profit there was in there, by transaction charges anyway ... its just that I have no fucking clue what I am doing.

It was only 50p or so.
Rolling Eyes

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 17 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 7yo daughter uses old laptop to do her homework. But the laptop is a bit slow now. It has 4GB RAM, HDD 500GB, temperamental wifi, battery that only lasts 10 minutes before it needs to be charged... So here are the upgrades...

https://i.imgur.com/PXZosSH.png

These are difficult times.. buying new laptop wasn't an option..

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Fat_Angry_Scotsman wrote:

I get several wins a year.
It depends how many you have.
I gather around £10k is when you expect to outperform the better paying savings accounts.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 18 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
My 7yo daughter uses old laptop to do her homework. But the laptop is a bit slow now. It has 4GB RAM, HDD 500GB, temperamental wifi, battery that only lasts 10 minutes before it needs to be charged... So here are the upgrades...

https://i.imgur.com/PXZosSH.png

These are difficult times.. buying new laptop wasn't an option..

It'll run like a new one after that - especially the ssd.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 351, 352, 353 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 352 of 462